New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Reactions: jadis
Laimbeer made me hate them all even those that didn't deserve it.
Laimbeer is one of a kind. His take downs and body slams were intentional. The earliest dirty player I can recall. Too bad, his only positive side was he was the first big to shoot 3s. :D During that era, in the playoffs, few had nerves to shoot 3s (all star 3s are no pressure - Bird won 3 straight times), one of the few 3 shooters was Michael Cooper, himself a nemesis of Bird. He was the Dennis Johnson of the Lakers. Lol.

Laimbeer is one of a kind. His take downs and body slams were intentional. The earliest dirty player I can recall. Too bad, his only positive side was he was the first big to shoot 3s. :D During that era, in the playoffs, few had nerves to shoot 3s (all star 3s are no pressure - Bird won 3 straight times), one of the few 3 shooters was Michael Cooper, himself a nemesis of Bird. He was the Dennis Johnson of the Lakers. Lol.
It was Norm Nixon to Michael Cooper passes that the alley oop was created. Initially it was the Coop-A-Hoop

Reactions: christoph and jadis
things are going from bad to even worse for the "beard". Couldn't happen to a nicer guy

James Harden fined $100K for public comments about Daryl Morey, 76ers

The 2018 Kia Most Valuable Player recently made comments that expressed his desire to be traded out of Philadelphia, which led to the league issuing a $100,000 fine for his public comments

well, even the coaches are now going to get their fair share......

NBA coaches' salaries are on the cusp of a financial revolution

I thought this is great news ……..

Lakers are planning to honor Kobe with a bronze statue outside crypto.com
Date of unveiling the bronze is 02/8/24 signifying the 2 numbers ( 8 and 24) that he wore as a player.

The Lakers said in another post that the statue will be unveiled Feb. 8, 2024. The date honors the two jersey numbers he wore for the franchise, 8 and 24. It also is a tribute to Gianna, who wore No. 2 when she played youth basketball

Bronny James' cardiac arrest likely caused by congenital heart defect

LeBron James' son, a freshman at USC, is expected to make a full recovery and return to basketball in the near future.

I wish him well but congenital heart defect resulting in cardiac arrest gives me some pause as to recurrences

Didn't Shaq's son have a heart issue as well?

and of course a retort from Ben Simmons

Brooklyn Nets’ Ben Simmons ‘locked in’ for comeback from injury

Stephen A. to Ben Simmons: 'Stop robbing franchises!'

I would have thought Simmons would play for his country in this ongoing FIBA tournament here in Manila. But nope. He's still mulling something somewhere. BTW, Reaves is now a Manila fan favorite.

Reactions: steve williams
I hope this guy proves me wrong and that this isn't just another pre-season thing of his. So much potential. Sigh.

On another note, ;) , Tyrese Halliburton is really impressing me at the FIBA Worlds. There may be hope for my Pacers yet Hahahaha

I would have thought Simmons would play for his country in this ongoing FIBA tournament here in Manila. But nope. He's still mulling something somewhere. BTW, Reaves is now a Manila fan favorite.

Lil' Logo is doing great! Kind of looks like Spidey too right? :D

• Haha
Lil' Logo is doing great! Kind of looks like Spidey too right? :D
Government should have naturalized him to play our flag. Lol

Have you been going to any of the games
Not, Steve. Our team is winless. Home fans very disappointed. My son and friends want to see the USA championship game, if they go that far, but tickets are horribly expensive.

Reactions: steve williams
38,000 home fans went home disappointed after the Philippine team lost of Karl Anthony Towns and the Dominican Republic.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu