New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Crushing defeat for Team USA. All they can get is a bronze , if that.........

Team USA's quest for gold ends after stunning lost to Germany in FIBA World Cup semifinals

Team USA will play Canada for the bronze medal

• Wow
Reactions: christoph
what a stunning defeat of Team USA by Team Canada as the USA fails to even win a bronze. And for kickers the hero of the game was bad boy Brooks

5 takeaways from Canada's FIBA World Cup win over USA to claim bronze

Canada holds off the USA in an OT thriller to win bronze at the FIBA World Cup.

• Wow
Reactions: jadis
Oct 24th is right around the corner Phil. I think this season will be even more exciting than last season
Agree. But I'm not expecting to be thrilled by that new title in a month or so of play.

• Haha
Reactions: steve williams
Agree. But I'm not expecting to be thrilled by that new title in a month or so of play.
Im with you Phil. Play the 82 games and then the playoffs. I must admit that I disliked the play in round when it was first started however watching last years playoffs, the play in round was very meaningful

it won't be the same without Smart in Celtics green however at Memphis could he be the missing piece

Celtics President Reveals Reason for Trading Marcus Smart

Boston Celtics president Brad Stevens revealed why Marcus Smart was dealt to the Memphis Grizzlies

Tough decision and action by Brad, but in the end, I agree with him that they had too many guards, and Smart was acting or was the defacto 'leader' of the bunch given his seniority. I really hope Porzingis stays healthy. As we speak, he has been in Manila watching games of his country Latvia and was reported to have a 'slight' foot injury. :(

love this bit of news. This is really the $64 question as Zion is healthy. Unless of course he uses load management. So far he's been a total disappointment

30 teams in 30 days: Pelicans' hopes riding on Zion Williamson's health​

With Zion Williamson healthy, the Pelicans look primed to compete in a tough Western Conference. But can they count on their star forward?

Interesting read but even with hiring a very good coach and acquiring Fred Van Fleet etc, I just don't think they will even be around for the play in round.....they do have potential just not enough

Film Study: With new additions, is Rockets' defense ready to launch?

After an active offseason, Houston's pathway to success will depend on improved team defense.

Best read of the day. Load management, the new rules and the teams it will impact.

How the NBA's new rules on resting stars will work

I thought number 11 said it all...

11. Why is the NBA unwilling to address the actual problem, which is that the regular season is too long?

It is all about money.

The NBA is projecting $5.7 billion in revenue in 2023-24, and reducing games would almost certainly result in a loss in revenue. That would impact players and their salaries, considering that gate receipts, broadcast rights, parking, sponsorships, etc. all go toward basketball related income (BRI). A percentage of BRI (44.7%) is used to determine the salary cap.

Any change in the length in the regular season is something that would have to be collectively bargained between the NBA and the players' association, and that gained little-to-no momentum in the most recent CBA negotiations. The NBA's new CBA took effect in July and runs through June 30, 2029.

I thought these new rule changes are in the best interests of the game

NBA approves in-game flopping penalty, expansion of Coach's Challenge for 2023-24

Game officials will decide flopping penalties, and a team successful in its 1st Coach's Challenge will get a 2nd one in that game.

Start of season is less than 6 weeks away. It's time we start removing the dust from this thread. I think this season will be even better than last season. The west is loaded with talent and much to my surprise the lakers are ranked 3rd behind Suns and Nuggs. I like the off season moves the Lakers made. Frankly I never thought Pelinka was smart enough to achieve these off season moves. Plus they have a true "5" this year so this should give AD some rest

Reactions: christoph and jadis

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu