New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Close game in Toronto but gutsy Celtics seem to always find a way to win

Final. 108-105 Celtics win
Thrilling game, in close games, D is very important.

You can immediately see the difference in the Nuggets team without Murray who is sidelined for a few weeks. The Pels at home to the Biggs, handed Denver their 3rd loss odf the season. Brando Ingram is playing like the star I saw when he was in a Lakers uniform

Reactions: jadis
Clippers at home finally got the money off their back and defeated the Rockets and ending their 6 game win streak.Clippers have a lot to prove this season...so far they haven't..

However last night
George 23 points
Harden 24 points
Leonard 26 points

73 of their 105 points were scored by their new triumvirate. That could be very meaningful if it continues going forward

Clippers at home finally got the money off their back and defeated the Rockets and ending their 6 game win streak.Clippers have a lot to prove this season...so far they haven't..

However last night
George 23 points
Harden 24 points
Leonard 26 points

73 of their 105 points were scored by their new triumvirate. That could be very meaningful if it continues going forward
Westbrook was moved to the bench. Which seems like a good idea. He and Harden seem to have the same style. Double barreled ball huggers are not a good thing.

But at the end of last night's games, I continue to marvel at the success of the young Orlando Magic who beat the lowly Bulls and are ow in 6th place in the EC. Not sure how far they can go but they have the ability to be spoilers throughout the season and playoffs

The WC is stacked with upcoming teams whereas in the EC I see it as a 3 team (possibly 4 as the Heat are breathing down the necks of the Celts, Sixers and Bucks) race

Double barreled ball huggers are not a good thing.

Hmmm I didn't know the league was trying out new mens underpants I assume those underpants must fit quite tight :eek:

• Haha
Reactions: JackD201
Westbrook was moved to the bench. Which seems like a good idea. He and Harden seem to have the same style. Double barreled ball huggers are not a good thing.
I was watching the replays from the game. I didn't know how it ended. Harden is now a hero again :oops:

Harden wins it for Clippers with 4-point play in final seconds

The league is sure hyping the In Season tournament as I guess there will be an MVP awarded as well. It's like the gift that keeps on giving o_O

In-Season Tournament MVP Ladder: Tyrese Haliburton making another leap?

The new In-Season Tournament is underway and the race for its MVP award is on

• Wow
some upsets last night......The upstart and very much for real OKC defeats the GSW and the Bucks defeat the hot Mavs

Giannis Antetokounmpo and Damian Lillard combine for 67 points to rally the Bucks past the Mavericks.

Boston solidifies its overall standing in the league as they now have the best record. Of interest is the Wolves are for real and better this year than last year and are tied with Denver atop the WC. This is going to be an amazing season esp in the WC

C's eeked out another close win over the tough fighting Grizzlies. Their D came up big again as the Unicorn blocked a late shot which would have tied the game at the buzzer.

At the half and at home the Lakers are down 55-49 with the biggest factor in the game being the Houston 3 pointers which are going in from everywhere. ( there first half to the Lakers3

Houston is a damn good team and will be around at the end of the season Ive said before that I have always liked the Hoston coach when he was the Celtics.

Final 5 minutes.....

I have to admit that in his 20th year in the league as he approaches age 39 LeBron, when he is on his game is still a force to contend with. Tonight was such a night as the Lakers played a solid second half and the Rockets stopped making 3's

But who is this kid Sengun on the Rockets. At 6'11" he can make shots from anywhere on the court with effortless ease. With 4 minutes left the Rockets get hot and start making 3's and come to with on one at 93-94. And who gets hot and makes a 3 point once again is LeBron

Lakers lead by 4

97-93 with 3'00" in the game

Rockets very quickly come to within 2 . LeBron on the next play takes it to the hoop and is fouled on the shot

Lakers 98-95 with 2'0" to playRockets drop another 3 to tie the game at 98

Tied at 100 with a minute to play

And then the miracle happens as the ball goes to Lebron for the final shot as the clock winds down. LeBron has nothing as he is triple teamed so its 2 seconds on the shot clock he passes way out to my favorite Laker, Austin Reaves who makes a trey.But Houston again quickly make a basket and lakers now lead 103-102

Reaves is fouled but makes only one of two FT.s and with seconds left in the game Lakers lead 104-102

Rockets inbound

With 4 seconds left Segun again lumbers to the basket and game tied at 104 with 4 seconds left

Ball goes to LeBron who is fouled on the shot

Misses first but makes the second

Final Lakers 105-104

What a fabulous game. Best final 5 in a long time

Celtics win again and continue to have the best record on the league but waking up to see the standings in the WC was an eye opener with Minnesota and OKC tied for the top position. Never thought I would see that as Denver slips to 3rd . Granted its only a few weeks in but I love watching all the games as they are jam packed with action and great players.

Even the Suns went 2 OT periods last night to defeat the Jazz

Reactions: christoph and jadis
The Unicorn did it all. Last 4 points came from him and he sealed the win with a tremendous block as time expired. I thought he would be assessed a T for taunting the fallen Grizzly but apparently7 there is no time on the clock left for a T to happen.

Reactions: steve williams
For my eyes the play of the day last night was Austin Reaves long 3 pointer on a pass from LeBron as the shot clock was expiring . This was the shot that changed the game and LeBron iced it with his free throw.

Houston is a darn good team. Lakers got the W but it didn't come easily

Reactions: jadis and MRJAZZ

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu