New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

@jadis

Phil, I have to think that LeBron sat out last night so he can be healthy as I cannot see him missing a Christmas Day Lakers and Celtics game to a national audience
I agree, Steve. Absolutely no love lost for the trophy hunter too. :D

The C's have to face the Clippers first, and will be a load of their Big 3.5 then face the Lakers.

Last edited:
I agree, Steve. Absolutely no love lost for the trophy hunter too. :D

The C's have to face the Clippers first, and will be a load of their Big 3.5 then face the Lakers.
Lakers are a game over .500. Nuff said

might be a great game but I can’t see Boston losing

and the next saga of the Ben Simmons story surfaces.......
:rolleyes:

Nets’ Ben Simmons says there is no timetable to return from injury

Simmons: "It's probably one of the most frustrating points of my career. Not every game is promised."

• Sad
Reactions: christoph and jadis
I have to admit that the one team in the WC that has proved to be real is the Houston Rockets who easily beat the Mavs yesterday and sit a game behind the Mavs in 8th but above both the Lakers and the Suns

In the EC yesterday, the Sixers are proving to be a powerhouse behind Embiid and the starting trio.......Joel Embiid, Tyrese Maxey and Tobias Harris become the first 3 Sixers players to score 30-plus in the same game since 1961....that is quite a few to pull off.

When it comes to power rankings and MVP I used to think that Embiid was the best player in the EC but how he is playing now, it is easy to say that at the moment he is the best player in the league

Reactions: christoph and jadis
Woke up to a surprising blowout by the C's against the Clippers. One day rest and on to the Lakers extravaganza on national TV :)

Woke up to a surprising blowout by the C's against the Clippers. One day rest and on to the Lakers extravaganza on national TV :)
Thats why I said I don't see the Clippers winning the West but definitely not the championship

Reactions: jadis
Lakers are known for squandering big leads and tonight was no exception as the carried a 26 point lead into the 3rd when the Thunder came alive. What a great team they are behind Alexander who is destined for greatness and they close to within 8 points in the 4th

It is refreshing to watch this young, fast and very talented Thunder team . Yet who comes to the rescue in the final few minutes but LeBron himself as he starts making threes . Lebron gets a season high of 40 points . LeBron scores 15 of the last lakers 17 points !!

Thunder were relentless and played their hearts out until the very end as they run out of clock

Final Lakers 129-120

well the experts all (but one) in agreement. Watching yesterday's game the Lakers always tend to lose big leads. Yesterday they were up 26 in the 3rd and this young Thunder team pounded the Lakers to come within 3 only to lose 129-120

Celtics-Lakers on Christmas Day: 3 key storylines & expert picks
The longtime NBA rivals square off in a marquee Christmas Day showdown rich with storylines.

Another terrific game. At Denver the Warriors played their hearts out but Jokic and a healthy Murray along with Gordon make Denver tough to beat. The game was up for grabs as Curry sanik a three from way out bringing GSW to within 4. However Jokic goes 18 for 18 from the line and just when you think it’s over Klay makes a 3 to bring Warriors robsuthin 6. Warriors however just ran out of clock

Final

Denver 120-114

• Sad
Reactions: christoph
Merry Christmas Phil, this next game should go to Celtics. Lakers beat OKC but that was after they gave up 23 of a 26 point lead.

However this is a national audience and you know how the King likes to perform in front of his court

Very exciting first half as the Celtics go up by 18 in the first period. I thought it was over but LA has clawed back into the game and cut the deficit to 1 and then LeBron as and Brown collide The Unicorn hits a long 3 but Lakers tie them at 52

End of half Celtics 58 Lakers 57

Merry Christmas Phil, this next game should go to Celtics. Lakers beat OKC but that was after they gave up 23 of a 26 point lead.

However this is a national audience and you know how the King likes to perform in front of his court
Merry Christmas , Steve. Woke up to check the score late 3rd and the 4th. Celtics protected the lead. If not for Curry, the C's would have swept their 4 game CA road trip. Everyone showed up for the C's and I like seeing Sam Cassell on the coaching staff. Recall C's have Jeff VG on top of the org though I''ve not seen him in the game yet.

Lakers played solid although James’s missed most of his layups. Lakers have no answer for the Unicorn and Tatum and Brown played like their superstar contracts. White fior his size is a huge shot blocker. I still believe Celtics are just too good and this is their year

Reactions: christoph
Mike Breen as always is terrific but Doris Burke and Doc Rivers are lifeless as commentators
Final Celtics 126 - 115

Lakers are 2-6 since winning the in season tournament
that's what came to my thoughts - LIFELESS. it's almost like there is no input, not like Mark and Jeff, very lively and sometimes humorous. ESPN is turning upside down.

Reactions: steve williams
that's what came to my thoughts - LIFELESS. it's almost like there is no input, not like Mark and Jeff, very lively and sometimes humorous. ESPN is turning upside down.
It’s simple. Disney has gone woke and is killing their business. Well Disney owns ESPN and need I say more

Reactions: jadis
Lakers played solid although James’s missed most of his layups. Lakers have no answer for the Unicorn and Tatum and Brown played like their superstar contracts. White fior his size is a huge shot blocker. I still believe Celtics are just too good and this is their year
Unicorn is a force in and out, is put backs are well needed when the outside shots fail, and he stretches the defense outside by being a 3 point threat. Fitting name - Unicorn. White and Jrue are 2 solid, serious and hardworking players. They are always in motion. Unicorn must take it easy and not do chase down blocks and summersaults. Be more cautious and be there in June, that is most important. In a way, Horford is doing that already. :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu