New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Perhaps it would be considered nepotism :cool: or maybe they were cool on a welcome back
Not that Steve and I are missing him, but where is Doc ? It's all the Breen and Doris show. :D

Reactions: jadis
Shows how good Denver's firepower is, C's led by 12 but in 1:40 minutes they cut the lead to 5. Truly a great matchup, both teams need answers for the other team's offense. Horford is able to withstand the bumps of Jokic more but that caused him to miss open 3s. :D

Reactions: christoph
what a terrific game and boy was I wrong tonight about Denver as Murray and Jokic were on their games.Celtics lead for three quarters and the Nuggs claw their way back in and tie the game at 84. From that point on Nuggs played tough but so did the Celtics to close to 101-100 with 1:17 left. This game is far from over

.well it's over and Celts suffer first home loss to go 20-1

Final Nuggs 102-100

That was an amazing win by Denver. Tough loss by Celtics

• Wow
Reactions: christoph and jadis
what a terrific game and boy was I wrong tonight about Denver as Murray and Jokic were on their games.Celtics lead for three quarters and the Nuggs claw their way back in and tie the game at 84. From that point on Nuggs played tough but so did the Celtics to close to 101-100 with 1:17 left. This game is far from over

.well it's over and Celts suffer first home loss to go 20-1

Final Nuggs 102-100

That was an amazing win by Denver. Tough loss by Celtics
Celtics still have to hone in on close games towards the end. They need a reliable clutch man down the stretch. Denver is the defending champs, and they are showing it. Great game, I don't mind such kind of a loss, pure basketball.

Once again, Tatum missed the tying shot at the buzzer. Coach should really design plays for others.

I'm not an avid NBA fan, but from 30,000 feet it seems to me that in spite of their obvious talent the Celtics seem to be missing something that keeps them from winning as many big games as they should.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: steve williams
Lakers were so bad yesterday I turned it off at half time. Beaten soundly by the Nets as the Lakers are mired in the bowels of the WC and going nowhere whereas the Suns are red hot and coasted to their 4th in a row as Booker drops 52 .I still see the Suns as part of the 4 top positioned teams in the WC finals. Im still hoping for a OKC-Suns matchup . I see the Suns easily beating the Clippers and going 7 games against Denver in the WC finals

I'm not an avid NBA fan, but from 30,000 feet it seems to me the in spite of their obvious talent the Celtics seem to be missing something that keeps them from winning as many big games as they should.
I see that too. Big games. Close games. Improved plays from coach down the line. You can't have Tatum taking the money shot all the time. There are more players who can shoot with a well designed play. Brad Stevens was good at that. They Then your have a few months to improve.

Reactions: christoph
and as I said....I love OKC and I still think the Wolves are very good but not convinced they can win the west

Final OKC 102-97 Wolves

OKC is my Cinderella team in the WC and Pacers (mayebe Knicks) in the EC

OKC a game out of first

I still like OKC and Suns in WC

and as I said....I love OKC and I still think the Wolves are very good but not convinced they can win the west

Final OKC 102-97 Wolves

OKC is my Cinderella team in the WC and Pacers (mayebe Knicks) in the EC

OKC a game out of first

I still like OKC and Suns in WC
Indeed OKC played an impressive game. The comeback was impressive as well against a solid Wolves team. They should go far in the playoffs.

I have been absent in many areas of interest for many months.
A myriad of factors.

Look at scores of NBA, news, trades etc.
Haven't watched a game in quite a while.

I'm keen to jump back in here.
Welcome back :cool:

Meanwhile the one team that is the hottest in the league now is the Cavs who are in 4th on a 7 game win streak.To me the Cavs are not a Cinderella team but a real contender as they are in 4th behind the big 3

Reactions: jadis and christoph
I was not aware of this rule but to me it makes sense wrt "load management and missed games. I even saw Kawhi play both ends of back to back games last week

A new rule is changing the NBA's awards race; it could also cost players millions

Reactions: jadis and christoph
I really remain big on there Suns. This was a good read. I hope that Vogel can pull it off and thumb his nose at Pelinka.....

'It's going to take time': The Suns aren't worried at the halfway point

best read for me today was the Lakers and trade talks in Bleacher report.....I see that giving uo Austin Reaves is NOT an option....... :cool:

The Los Angeles Lakers head toward this season's trade deadline much in the same manner as they did the last one: underperforming expectations to such a substantial degree that major roster reshuffling could be required.
The biggest detriment to their current success is a malfunctioning, space-constricted offense that ranks among the league's 10 worst. They can't shoot, don't have enough downhill threats in their backcourt and have a general need for more consistent support scoring.
That's why they've so often found themselves linked to the top point-producers on the market. A deal for Zach LaVine is seemingly off the table, but his teammate, DeMar DeRozan, could be a possible target. And while trade talks around Dejounte Murray have reportedly "stalled," per The Athletic's Jovan Buha, they are "expected to pick back up closer to the deadline."
Murray seems gettable, but maybe only if L.A. is open to giving up Austin Reaves. It doesn't seem like that is in the cards. Per Buha, the Lakers would only move Reaves for "either a clear-cut All-Star—someone better than Murray or LaVine, for example—or multiple rotation upgrades."
Don't look for the Lakers to land a star. They don't have enough assets to acquire one, particularly if Reaves is off the table.
Instead, look for L.A. to wind up doing something similar to last season, when multiple trades brought back several additions to the rotation, including Rui Hachimura, D'Angelo Russell and Jarred Vanderbilt.
Who could head to Hollywood this time around? It's too soon to say for certain, but Buha mentioned Bruce Brown, Jerami Grant, Terry Rozier, Gary Trent Jr., Dorian Finney-Smith and Royce O'Neale as possible targets. Most would help address the club's shooting shortage, and some would improve their perimeter defense, off-the-dribble attacking and shot-creation.
A double-dip into the trade market to add a guard who packs a scoring punch and a forward who contributes something on both ends could be the surprise ending to the franchise's latest star-search.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing