New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

as I said before, Andrew is a little boy locked in a giant's body

Suddenly I recall Bynum's elbow tackle on JJ Barea's lay-up in mid-air a couple of seasons ago, and he proceeded to take off his shirt while walking to the dug-out. If I'm not mistaken, this is the same Bynum that Jim Buss refused to include in a Nowitski to LA trade a few years ago, implying that Bynum is their future. With all these events going on, LAL really hit the jackpot in getting rid of Bynum.

Bynum is a bum.

Pop fined $250K for keeping his big 3 out of last night's game

Wow, huge fine. Though I feel that the fans deserve to watch a game with full force from an opposing team even though it's just a regular game.

Derek Fisher back in the league and playing for the Mavs

Yup, and he drew blood in practice but shrugged it off. Dirk has to come back soon too.

And btw, LAL played D'Antoni Style last night. 122 points total to blow out Denver. Bench scoring finally came too, Jamison has 33 and Meeks with 21. That's what Kobe had wanted - help. And of couse Dwight did his stuff, even hit a 3. :D

Big trouble in Laker land. Blew a 10 point led and lost to Orlando so that they remain under .500. No swagger, confidence or purpose to their game. Everyone says it'll be better when Nash returns but looking at the team it seems far worse. On paper they should be amongst the top teams but for now they are mired deep in the standings

And with pau gasol riding the bench in the 4th due to tendinitis in his knees, the magic's hack-a-Dwight strategy worked perfectly. Laker defense was awful, with Magic guards drilling three's at will and the big men cutting in for uncontested under goal stabs. It'll take more than the return of a healthy Steve Nash to mend the ailing Lakers.

And with pau gasol riding the bench in the 4th due to tendinitis in his knees, the magic's hack-a-Dwight strategy worked perfectly.

that hack a dwight is said to disrupt the rhythm of the lakers' offense. lakers get stymied on about 3 or 4 sets of offensive patterns by just standing and watching foul shots. pretty soon, david stern might impose fines on such 'strategies'. :D

I saw this yesterday on celticslife.com and I thought it was a photoshopped pic. Apparently, it is more serious than it looks.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201212/embarrassing-photo-spurs-players-leaked-online

Embarrassing Photo Of Spurs Players Leaked
Monday, December 3, 2012 3:12 am
Written by: ThePostGame Staff

The San Antonio Spurs' bad week just got a whole lot worse.

Days after commissioner David Stern fined the team $250,000 for sitting its star players during a nationally televised game with the Miami Heat, a less-than-pleasant photo of Tim Duncan and Tony Parker has surfaced online that is sure to cause the organization another headache.

The image, which first appeared on Reddit, appears to have been taken on Halloween.

It shows Parker and Duncan, both in costume, pointing toy guns at the head of a man dressed as NBA referee Joey Crawford.

Crawford can be one of the league's more controversial referees, and once he even ejected Duncan from a game while the Spurs big man was on the bench. The league suspended Crawford for the incident.

Lightning appears to have struck the Spurs twice in the span of a few days, which is somewhat surprising for a team that has managed to avoid negative press during coach Gregg Popovich's tenure.

Last edited:
ROSE RUNNING, READY FOR EARLY RETURN?

By Sekou Smith

HANG TIME HEADQUARTERS – The holiday season in Chicago will be much brighter if the Bears take care of their business on the gridiron and the Bulls get closer to the return of the face of their franchise, Derrick Rose.
The Chicago Tribune‘s Joe Cowley reports, via sources, that Rose is just weeks away from joining the Bulls on the practice floor.
Rose is doing his part, he was “sprinting in bursts” after practice Monday, per Nick Friedell of ESPNChicago.com. It’s the latest step in a long and arduous rehabilitation process for Rose, who tore his left ACL in Game 1 of the Bulls’ playoff series against Philadelphia in April.
The eight months since the injury (he actually had surgery May 12) have been rough on the Bulls (8-7), who have scrapped their way back to the top of the Central Division standings after an uneven two-week stretch of basketball early this season.
An earlier-than-anticipated return for Rose, however, would do more than just lift spirits in Chicago.
“I think he looks really good,” Bulls center Joakim Noah told Friedell. “He looks great, actually.”
Noah has been one of the anchors for the Bulls in Rose’s absence, which has forced the Bulls to lean harder on their defensive fundamentals and to search out different catalysts to sustain them:
Aside from a major advertising campaign from adidas, Rose has stayed out of the public eye by design. He hasn’t traveled much with the Bulls this season and has not formally spoken with reporters since media day early in October. Noah admitted that like many of his teammates there are still times when he looks on the floor and still can’t believe his close friend and teammate isn’t out there with him.
“Of course,” Noah said. “I think everybody does. But at the same time it’s also knowing that if we keep working individually, as a whole, we’ll be better for the long run. It’s always about looking at the big picture. There’s a lot of basketball to be played and the exciting thing about it is he’ll be back.”
Even without Rose on the floor, Noah is in the midst of a career season averaging 13 points, 10 rebounds and four assists a game in close to 40 minutes a night. While it’s been strange for him to play without Rose, he is motivated by seeing his friend’s recent workouts because he realizes Rose will be back in the near future.
“I think that this season there’s been highs and lows,” Noah said. “First of all, it’s been different playing without Derrick, but it also makes you (realize) … what I love about playing with Derrick is I feel like it’s always more than basketball. Just him being from Chicago, it gives me more motivation and if things go well I feel like he’ll be back and that’s exciting. But right now we’re trying to hold the fort down and we’re playing as hard as we can every night. Win or lose I feel like we’re giving everything we got and I think if we keep doing that we’re going to have success.”
As valiant as the effort has been, the Bulls need a healthy (or as close to it as possible) Rose to fight for their spot among the Eastern Conference and league elite.

Hope to see Rose back soon.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu