New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Warriors have looked surprisingly good and are 13-7.

Clippers have won 6 in a row, now 14-6.

They hit the road now, Bulls up next for the Clippers.

Last edited:
With Pau Gasol still on the bench and Lakers losing big time to the Jazz one has to wonder why Jim Buss/Mitch Kupchak haven't negotiated a trade

i read last week the timberwolves were interested in a trade for gasol that would reunite him with fellow spaniard rubio but la thumbed it down, wanting to see how the team performs when nash comes back. the problem is, la is placed at 11th right now in the west out of the top 8 to make the playoffs. as it sinks deeper, la might find itself fighting just to get into the 8th spot. and a trade in jan or feb would add more problems in chemistry and the last train to the playoffs may be in peril. btw, boston is not doing too rosy either - ranked 7th.

Watching tonight's game the Lakers are trying to win with the run and gun offense and non existant defense

i was about to say that too, steve. i noticed the scoring in the la lineup - lots of points, even from bench players, but they allow even more points to utah. d'antoni isn't exactly known for his defense. and that problem may be harder to fix than the gasol and nash problem.

my 2 cents re a possible team re-org, if i were mitch, i'd get rid of world peace too for a couple of good young talents. the guy has no rebounds nor assists tonight and he's basically a long shooter, which la has in kobe already.

Warriors have looked surprisingly good and are 13-7.

Warriors are doing good indeed. Mark Jackson is turning out to be a good coach despite having no NBA coaching experience. Good move by the Warrior management to hire him.

Warriors are doing good indeed. Mark Jackson is turning out to be a good coach despite having no NBA coaching experience. Good move by the Warrior management to hire him.

Gotta say, I was very skeptical of this hire. Good for M. Jackson. How are they winning?

Gotta say, I was very skeptical of this hire. Good for M. Jackson. How are they winning?

I haven't really seen them play much this season. But looking at their roster, I see Mark has a rookie and a sophomore in his starting five. And they probably did right by retaining Curry and getting David Lee who poured in 30 points against Brooklyn the other night. And to think that starting center Bogut has been sitting out due to an injury. On the bench they've got Jarett Jack and Carl Landry doing their bits. Mark Jackson seems to enjoy good rapport with his players.

I haven't really seen them play much this season. But looking at their roster, I see Mark has a rookie and a sophomore in his starting five. And they probably did right by retaining Curry and getting David Lee who poured in 30 points against Brooklyn the other night. And to think that starting center Bogut has been sitting out due to an injury. On the bench they've got Jarett Jack and Carl Landry doing their bits. Mark Jackson seems to enjoy good rapport with his players.

Yeah, haven't seen them play much either obviously. I think Landry was a great pickup for a team that traditionally lacks toughness. Will be interesting to see if Bogut ever returns to his old form.

Linsanity reborn as Lin drops 38 against the Spurs in an OT loss. Harden out, and Lin seems to prove that when he is the main man (as in NY due to Melo and Amare's injuries), he can be the first option.

Checking the standings the Hawks are number 3 in the East and Lakers are number 12 (out of 15) in the West and no imminent return of Nash

:(

Looks like a lost year and next year may be even worse .. Howard is not guaranteed to come back ... nor Gasol ... Tells you when you have people who don't know basketball getting in the way ... Jerry Jones Redux huge payroll, great names, great team on paper not much to show for it ..Lakers 12th !! :mad: Man was I wrong about Di Antoni :mad :mad :mad No way to bring Phil back ? :) Just like in the soap operas (which is what this looks like) it was just a dream ...? you know ? :p

The Lakers biggest headache will be when this is indeed a lost season and Howard walks from the Lakers

Right now I would say Howard is walking, even if it costs him some money.

He didn't want to be with the Lakers and made that clear before the trade. Don't think he is a happy man and he's a bit of a head case anyway.

Lakers have had an incredible streak of good fortune (and great management) for years and years....little Jimmy Buss may be bringing that era to a close.

Very surprised that D'Antoni has done so poorly. No telling when Nash will be back to try and bail him out.

Don't know how they expect a team that old to run and gun every night, especially with no depth.

I agree. It will take a miracle to keep Dwight IMO based on current situation.

Nash will not and cannot be instrumental himself in a turn around. As I said they are trying to win with run and gun offense and no defense

When news broke out that Howard was traded to LA and that Gasol was not traded, I thought the cast was complete for a title run and I even figured that Howard's interior presence would be a big deterrent to LeBron's penetration if it boiled down to LAL vs. MIA next June. Well, that was simplistic thinking and after 2 coaching changes, things seem to be not working out well for the Lakers. Mitch has till Feb's trading deadline to do some more player juggling to save the season. Problem is, he still have to get the approval of Jim from above.

And I'm trying to think how Kobe is feeling right now, averaging 29 ppg but having his team show a losing record, must be really frustrating.

And I'm trying to think how Kobe is feeling right now, averaging 29 ppg but having his team show a losing record, must be really frustrating.

Phil

I have been watching every Lakers game for as long as I can remember.I rarely miss one so I can tell you that you can see the anger and frustration in his eyes

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu