New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

It don't get any easier either! Tomorrow night the Lakers play Knicks who are 8-0 at home.

and to make matters worse they play the Knicks again on Christmas day before a national audience

Jeff Van Gundy, after a Garnett's pick set up a Pierce conversion in tonight's gaime against Dallas: " Excellent ILLEGAL screen by Garnett". Breen was speechless. :D

Golden State beats Miami by 2. Warriors are rising.

In a season where perennial losing squads are starting to win games, Charlotte Bobcats, who was only 7 games last season, has 'inspired' owner Michael Jordan to wear his sneakers and hit the court once again and teach the 'kids' some basketball moves.

Gerald Henderson shoving back at MJ, showing little respect for the guy who signs his checks. :D

Kobe is the highest paid NBA player with almost $28m per year. A far number 2 is a surprise to me, earning almost $21.5m a year, and is currently on the injured list - Brandon Roy. Gilbert Arenas, whom I hardly hear of these days nor see, at No. 4 with almost $21m. Of the top 5, only Kobe is active. And on team salaries, LAL has the highest at $100m for this season.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries.htm

Lakers are getting humiliated by the Knicks at MSG

The Knicks are truly impressive and with Kidd and Rasheed raining tres the knicks are contenders. Five minutes into the 2nd and its lightsout 58-34 Knicks

Melo is amazing and seems to be socking it to D'Antoni

I can see the Knicks easily beating the Heat and win the East

Lakers are getting humiliated by the Knicks at MSG

The Knicks are truly impressive and with Kidd and Rasheed raining tres the knicks are contenders. Five minutes into the 2nd and its lightsout 58-34 Knicks

Melo is amazing and seems to be socking it to D'Antoni

I can see the Knicks easily beating the Heat and win the East

I saw the first quarter and that was one heck of a show by Melo. I believe he can be near the level of LeBron if he keeps this up and remove that smile in his face. He gotta be showing fierceness in his face from now on. :D I'm a fan of Melo since his Denver days and I know he's got a lot of critics who says he's not a winner but I believe he can win, he just has to focus. Talent wise, he is not lacking. Woodson is doing one heck of a job. And those 'conditioning' runs on practice makes the Knicks incredibly tireless. I believe too at this level, they're ready for Miami.

Last edited:
Where did Felton come from. What a pistol

Lakers fall again. Now 5 under .500

D'Antoni took roasting from Sir Charles at courtside as well as from the studio with Ernie, Shaq etc. They all said D'Antoni needs to change his mindset as his team is too old to run and gun which is what I said a few days ago

Lakers only had flashes in the 2nd half to bring it close. Of course Kobe scores 31 points

Where did Felton come from. What a pistol

Lakers fall again. Now 5 under .500

D'Antoni took roasting from Sir Charles at courtside as well as from the studio with Ernie, Shaq etc. They all said D'Antoni needs to change his mindset as his team is too old to run and gun which is what I said a few days ago

Lakers only had flashes in the 2nd half to bring it close. Of course Kobe scores 31 points

Amazed at Felton too. 7 year veteran but 5th overall pick by the Bobcats in 2005. Must be pretty good in college. He could scoot in a will towards the shaded lane and then loop it to Chandler for the dunk.

I heard Steve Kerr saying the league owes D'Antoni for his small line-up run and gun play which he started in Phoenix. And I agree that LA is too old for the run and gun offense, and they still have to rotate quickly on defense which will take a lot of protein out of them. On both ends, D'Antoni has a problem.

And Rash-weed. He is officially back from the dead as they say. Doing 8-10 points in 10-12 minutes which is heaven sent and beyond any wild expectation considering he hasn't played in 2 years. There seems to be some mystique about these 38 year olds... :D

LAKERS CAN’T JUST WAIT ON NASH

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/12/14/lakers-cant-just-wait-on-nash/

where's Jim Buss now that we know the Lakers aren't suited to a run and gun offense. IMO D'Antoni needs a different mindset or his tenure could be short a well

any more miracles in Mitch Kupchak's bag of tricks

Phil must be sleeping with a smile on his face

L.A. had its worst season of the decade -- 34-48 in 2004-05. It was only the fifth time in franchise history the Lakers failed to make the playoffs. That began a three-year stretch in which the Lakers didn't win a postseason series.

Will this season be even worse than 2004-2005

Hi

, d'Antoni' stay in LA will be short lived .. I believe the countdown has begun .. A $100 Million payroll and 7 games below .500 will see to that.. I, also am close to certain that right now there is a battle going on Jerry Buss house .. Jim is displaying all the signs of incompetence, more a Jerry Jones (Cowboys owner and general manager similar situation largest payroll in the NFL, all-star on-paper cast and may not even make the playoffs) than Robert Kraft (too happy to be an owner and watch one of the best coach-QB tandem in history re-writing the record books) .. He may have to slow down and learn from his daddy ... :( ... Yes! Phil smile has to be wider than the Grand Canyon right now ...

I know I am repeating myself .. Man!! Was I wrong about d'Antoni :mad:

what was the context that made the ref do that

Steve, I think there was supposed to be a substitution from the opposing team but the referee with the ball didn't hear the buzzer for a sub and handed the ball to Humphries and then the baseline ref knew about the impending sub so he had to lunge and block the attempt of Humphries for the sub to come in. Had Humphries shot the ball, they might have had a 'constitutional crisis' on whether it was a dead ball or a live ball situation. :D

Jim Buss passed on Brian Shaw, and the next year, on Phil Jackson. A good friend of mine who is also an NBA fan has always told me he never respected the coaching abilities of D'Antoni since his Suns' days because of no defense. It's as clear as daylight now, how the guy coaches. As I look on, I can only think that the only coach with a winning record this season for LA is Bernie Bickerstaff. So there might actually be a solution, to add to the return of Nash and Gasol.

script from hollywood. basketball mogul has daughter who posed for playboy magazine. daughter has father's coach as boyfriend. brother hates the boyfriend. brother ruins team, sister's boyfriend is laughing inside. perhaps a reality tv show or a soap is coming soon. :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu