New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Phil

I have been watching every Lakers game for as long as I can remember.I rarely miss one so I can tell you that you can see the anger and frustration in his eyes

Steve, I can imagine. Probably next to Magic Johnson, I can see how much Kobe likes to win, day in and day out. He's got great work ethics too.

Watching the Lakers vs Cavs and with under a minute left in the half the Cavs are destroying the Lakers

Kyrie Irving is the real deal. First time I've seen him play and he has a deadly accurate shot

There was a lot of talk recently how "system" coaches like D'Antoni (with the exception of Phil and Pat who did it from sheer personality) have gone the way of the dodo. More now seem to feel that a coach has to have a flexible system that adapts to the players on the team eg. what D'Antoni didn't do on the Knicks.

OTOH, they have to give Mike some time but it's not a good sign when the Lakers are at each others throats.

I haven't been watching any LA games, or any games for that matter. How are the Lakers doing half court? Any real, solid bread and butter play sequences yet? Any play that's vulnerable to the Hack-a-Howard doesn't count apparently.

I don't know any team that's gone deep into the playoffs without a healthy amount of efficient set plays. Watching a D'Antoni team (old Suns) is like watching a black top pick up game.

Clippers beat the Bulls tonight for their 7th straight victory, their longest winning streak since 1991.

As a long suffering Clipper fan, and a former five-year season ticket holder, I am beyond thrilled with what the Clippers have done this season and last.

Before this the highlight was their 2005-2006 season when Sam Cassell and Elton Brand took them well into the playoffs.

Started following the Clippers in 2001 after they moved to the Staples Center.

However, with the Clippers you are always waiting for the other shoe to drop so I remain cautiously optimistic.

I haven't been watching any LA games, or any games for that matter. How are the Lakers doing half court? Any real, solid bread and butter play sequences yet?

The Lakers this season is a bit puzzling to me, Jack. Their annointed PG Nash got injured after a few games. And they played through without him but with Howard, Pao and Kobe with mixed results and 3 coaches. The Big 4 became the Big 3 and then became the Big 2 the past 3 or 4 games as Gasol went down with an injury. So it's hard to talk about a set play with 2 coaches and 2 starters missing within these 22 games. And HOW should they play in these whirlwind conditions? The media and all eyes are on them because they are the Lakers and they have such a bloated payroll with 4 big name stars that people expect them to win games easily and instantaneously. I can only remember the '77 Sixers and the '04 Lakers to have a more potent 'fab 5' lineup and these 2 eventually went bust in the Finals. In a way, the Lakers are just like the Heat when Bosh and James came in, the Heat were 'pressured' by the media to win it all, and at that time, they were playing Big 3 with 1 ball with no clear cut offensive pattern, which they found a year after en route to the championship. Looking at Howard's facial reaction after some plays shows some bewilderment (if not frustration) in his face too, in contrast to a fire and brimstone expression from Lebron or Garnett. Kobe dropped 42 tonight in a losing cause. How much longer can he stand the frustration?

Last edited:
Knicks beat Brooklyn on the road. What a game. Melo pours in 45 in a spectacular show. Kidd, what a shot at end game to win it. Knicks fans would hope Amare's return does not disrupt the great chemistry so far.

I agree to the Heat having a rocky start when the big 3 came together. BUT NOT THIS BAD!!!

I agree to the Heat having a rocky start when the big 3 came together. BUT NOT THIS BAD!!!

true, jerry. and the worse scenario, which i cannot imagine, is lal announcing the firing of mike d.

but hey, remember bickerstaff, he was ACTUALLY on a winning streak when he took over. hmmmm...

Don't worry for them; comes the middle of the season they will gel into their usual formidable (I hate them by the way ) winning machine ... Lebron is right now the best player on the universe (arguably one of the best ever) and the team has depth,experience and great (D Wayne) to very good (Chris Bosh) and more than adequate (Chalmers) players and a coach they like and feel comfortable with ... Still the favorite to win it all now that the Lakers have been revealed to be a paper tiger and the Thunders are without The Mohawk-and-Beard guy .... :)

and back to the lakers game against cleveland, did anyone see with 50 seconds left in the game, and la down by only 5, how they left varejao all alone with all the time in the world to shoot a 10 footer and yes, he sank it. that IS the glaring scene of a total lack of defense in d'antoni's style.

How about the impact Derek Fisher has made with the Mavs in his few games there

a seasoned warrror, and now starter for the mavs after nobody picked him up at the end of his okc stint. mavs hanging in there at 7th place despite nowitski sitting.

I saw that this morning on ESPN

They have also been running Kobe's interview almost non stop. Suffice it to say Kobe has risen to the level of diplomat by his steady voice and demeanor remaining calm throughout but deep down it's killing him

I also thought it amusing to hear the iphone announcement of incoming from Mrs Kobe during the interview. If you haven't heard it, have a listen because he knew who it was before he answered. A very amusing ring tone

It don't get any easier either! Tomorrow night the Lakers play Knicks who are 8-0 at home.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu