New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Even Magic Johnson complimented the Clippers yesteday.

“I thought I would never, ever see Showtime again. And I was the architect of Showtime. The Clippers? That’s Showtime,” Magic said on ESPN.

Wasn't able to watch much of their game against Denver yesterday but they did not look good during the first quarter. Checked back in later and they were up by 20.

Clippers up by 28 on the Celtics with 3:56 left in the game.

15th consecutive victory for the Clippers.

Thought the streak was at risk with the Celtics coming to town but not the case.

Clippers up by 28 on the Celtics with 3:56 left in the game.

15th consecutive victory for the Clippers.

Thought the streak was at risk with the Celtics coming to town but not the case.

C's can be marvelous on one night and horrible on the next. Clips are looking really good.

And Odom is slowly getting into the rotation. Only 4 points, but 13 boards, 5 assists and 4 blocks into 30 minutes. The guy can be the x factor in the playoffs, having so much championship games played.

Hi

A few highlights from the NBA:

THERE

Wade kicks a low blow. Suspended 1 game.

Ever since Wade dragged down Rondo 2 years ago and caused Rondo to dislocate an elbow, I've been monitoring him for more dirty plays, and this, an intentional kick to the groin of Ramon Sessions. And Wade acts as if he has a right to kick Sessions too. What a guy. I told a friend that because of Wade, I now find Kobe quite 'lovable'. :D

Only 4 points, but 13 boards, 5 assists and 4 blocks into 30 minutes.

I'll take those numbers.

Wade broke Kobe's nose last season. Said it was justifiable retaliation -- he always rationalizes it.

I watched the Clipps last night and man do they look terrific. Even Matt Barnes plays a huge roll and delivers off the bench. Truly the new kids on the block in Lala Land

Barnes has been incredibly good. He's the kind of player you don't like when he plays for your opponent but do like when he plays for your team. Needless to say, wasn't a fan of his during his recent time with the Lakers.

Odom has been steadily improving. He had one assist of note last night - a beautiful pass to Jamal Crawford for a layup.

Crawford has fallen off a bit from his earlier pace but still valuable.

Chauncy Billips and Grant Hill still aren't playing so if and when they get back could be even better.

Lakers - Clippers showdown on January 4th.

Last edited:
Barnes has been incredibly good. He's the kind of player you don't like when he plays for your opponent but do like when he plays for your team. Needless to say, wasn't a fan of his during his recent time with the Lakers.

Odom has been steadily improving. He had one assist of note last night - a beautiful pass to Jamal Crawford for a layup.

Crawford has fallen off a bit from his earlier pace but still valuable.

Chauncy Billips and Grant Hill still aren't playing so if and when they get back could be even better.

Lakers - Clippers showdown on January 4th.

Clipps should have no problem tonight extending their win streak against the Jazz.

As an aside it is gratifying to finally see Jamal Wilkes get his due as the Lakers retire his jersey tonight

Clipps should have no problem tonight extending their win streak against the Jazz.

As an aside it is gratifying to finally see Jamal Wilkes get his due as the Lakers retire his jersey tonight

Wilkes deserves the recognition. Glad to see it.

Clippers have had a tough time winning in Utah over the years. They did win one there earlier this year so I hope that trend continues.

Wow! Missed most of the game, had to go to LAX.

Clippers pulled it out 116-114 after being down by 19.

16 wins in a row. Unbelieveable.

And the C's are going to be a couple of games under .500 and may not even make the playoffs. It may be baffling why they are under performing considering new guys like Terry, Jeff Green and Lee look good on paper but somehow have not been raining the points when needed. Trade is almost mandatory.

Clippers beat Utah again, this time at Staples.

17 in a row, undefeated for the month of December.

Schedule toughens up this coming week - Denver, Golden State, Lakers, Golden State again. Two back to backs in these 4 games.

Clippers drop one to the Nuggets in Denver tonight. Winning streak is over.

It had to end somehow but boy, was it a great run, in their history.

And I officially gave up my card holding Laker's fan club member last night after they looked hopeless, listless, disinterested in their loss to the Sixers in LA last night. Any further interest on my part will be dispelled Friday night when they go up vs the Clipps with the Clipps being the home team. That game will separate the men from the boys. The Lakers reain one game below .500 after 31 games and 9 1/2 games out of first. Kobe hits his 34 last night while the rest of the team is stone cold. Gasol gets yanked again for Jordan Hill (good move) and Howard and the rest of the team do nothing. I just can't imagine Gasol being with the team by trade deadline next month

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu