New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

How true Phil

Now that I'm back in SoCal ill get either Lakers or Clippers when you come visit.

That will be great, Steve. :)

Maybe even when Boston visits LA, either Lakers or Clips. :D

Definitely take Steve up on his offer. NBA games are a ton of fun in person.

Oh yeah. I'm green with envy over the brother-in-law's recent attendance of a Raptor's home game in Toronto. He's a migrant and now he's gonna rub it in to me when he visits me as to how thrilling a live NBA game could be. He's actually a super Mavericks fan is loves to gobble up NBA statistics on NBA players, including the bench warmers. :D

And I recall too, that my other near brush with a live game was in 2007 when I was in NYC. I was inside Madison Square Garden touring with my young teen son, and he said he wanted to watch a Knicks game; when he got me convinced, we walked towards the ticket booth, and talked to the ticket seller there, and with a sad face, he told me, 'sorry, but the Knicks just got eliminated the other night, and would be playing the next few games to end the season - on the road'. Tough luck. :(

Just finished watching the Bulls-Heat game and the Bulls were impressive in tonight's win. Jimmy Butler? Wow, first time for me to see this young guy and he was defending even Lebron James very well. Even without Rose, the Bulls are doing very well and the coaching staff is highly commendable. When Rose comes back in time, they should be better.

How 'bout 'dem Nets? 4-1 under PJ and Brook Lopez looks like a totally different player. 27 pts and 13 rebounds tonight against the Wizards! Who wudda thought he was a rebounding machine. Sometime they say the best trades you make .... are the ones you don't.

The Heat threw them a bone , Henjoy ....:)

Just finished watching the Bulls-Heat game and the Bulls were impressive in tonight's win. Jimmy Butler? Wow, first time for me to see this young guy and he was defending even Lebron James very well. Even without Rose, the Bulls are doing very well and the coaching staff is highly commendable. When Rose comes back in time, they should be better.

well Lakers rally from 19 down but not enough as they again lose to the Clipps 107-102

Kobe gets his usual 36

After this game the Lakers are 2 games below .500 and 2 games out of the playoffs

Last caveat.....Chris Paul for MVP

Anyone watching Lakers vs Clippers. Very good game with Clippers up by 10 at the half

Game just over at Staples and the Clippers pulled it out after a strong Lakers rally in the fourth quarter.

Great game. Kobe scored 38 and CP3 30.

Horrible game for Gasol, Howard had a great stat line but somehow doesn't look quite right - don't know if its the back or his frame of mind.

Griffin had 24 points and Barnes and Odom played solid games. Jamal Crawford missed the game with an injury.

Didn't like del Negro's Hack-a-Howard strategy at all.

Dwight looks like he is still protecting his back. You can see how he stutters in the slow mos. lakers stand around too much. I feel bad for Kobe. You can't pin Laker woes on him.

CP3 is being CP3. Hats off to the "moody little dude".

Barnes and Odom played solid games. Jamal Crawford missed the game with an injury.

These guys are the strong bench players playing well for the Clippers of late. Add Bledsoe and Turiaf and that's deeper. And when Billups comes back he either will start of be another helper off the bench. That is luxury.

And I keep thinking how strange it is for the Clips to play in Staples and have their fans cheer against the original LA team the Lakers. How weird can it be if one day the Washington Wizards move to Boston and share the Garden with the Celtics, and call themselves the Boston Wizards. :D

I was a Celtics fan as a kid as I was a big John Havlicek fan - he played college basketball at Ohio State.

When I first moved to LA I didn't like the Lakers. Followed the Lakers when Phil Jackson became coach and I was a Shaq fan, too. Never knew what Shaq would do.

Most diehard Clipper fans are Laker haters primarily because the Laers have always been successful. Until recently people in LA looked at you like you were crazy if you were a Clippers fan.

Truth is LA will most likely be a Lakers town given the history. Just like New York will always be a Knicks town, not the Nets.

Back just a few years any Clippers victory over the Lakers was our season highlight. No playoffs in sight for the Clippers.

I was a Celtics fan as a kid as I was a big John Havlicek fan - he played college basketball at Ohio State.

Havlicek was one of my favorite 'early' Celtics players. His career spanned 16 years, having played with Bob Cousy, Bill Rusell, et al in 1962 and ending his career in '78 when Cedric Maxwell was just a rookie. Had he played 2 more seasons, he would have played with Larry Bird. And who could forget that 'Havlicek stole the ball, Havlicek stole the ball!' game, I mean, for Celtics fans. :D

And had the Clippers not move from San Diego to LA, I probably would have watched them there as my aunt and cousins live in SD, and I had visited them a couple of times. :)

And I recall the Clippers have had their share of high first round draft picks, and amazingly, these guys never seem to work out well with them. Among them, Bob McAdoo, Ernie DiGregorio, Adrian Dantley, Tom Chambers, Terry Cummings, Byron Scott, Danny Manning, Danny Ferry, Antonio McDyess, Michael Olowokandi, Lamar Odom and Tyson Chandler, I think at one point they even hired Elgin Baylor as GM. Hopefully they could go far and eventually win a title in these present times.

Well truth be told, the Lakers just plain stink

Pau Gasol is playing like someone lacking total confidence in himself and his game and again did little if anything to contribute and again was benched by D'Antoni until he was forced to return in the 4th after Howard fouls out

To my eyes Pau just doesn't have the steam and last gasp to keep up with younger and much faster teams thus exposing his shortcomings. I just can't see Pau being a Laker after the trading deadline because unless they find some youth and speed they will be lucky to even make the playoffs let alone get through the first round.

The Clipps bench is second best in the league and left the Lakers in their dust.

The Lakers now IMO are nothing more than the Kobe Show as he scores more than 30 in every game

Howard to me also seems reticent and yes perhaps his back however, is he buying time for his contract renewal only to thumb his nose at the Lakers and sign elsewhere. So far he has not been allowed to carry the team by Kobe and perhaps D'Antoni although yesterday all of the early plays were going to Howard.

I have been a Lakers fan for over 40 years and as I stated I have officially burned my fan card. Try as I might WLVCA and as good as they are I just can't find myself cozying up to the Clipps for the balance of the season. For me the real excitement is the GSW and what Mark Jackson has done with that team

So for me the early contenders for MVP are

Chris Paul
Kevin Durant
Stephen Curry

Can't even consider Kobe because his scoring prowess has done nothing for a team effort

Final caveat...... I look for a blockbuster Lakers trade before deadline. Right now Pau Gasol has the cross hairs aimed at his head but to complete a trade it will involve multiple teams because he has such a large contract

I hate LBJ but he will get my vote for MVP. The guy is playing at a level rarely seen in the game.

Gasol is gone and D'Antoni might be next if he doesn't find a way for the team to play defense.. Started watching the game yesterday and for the most part the Lakers were always out of any sense of defensive scheme. He has good to great players and yet can't get them to play their best. Does anyone believe that the Lakers would be that bad with Phil Jackson? Down with D'Antoni I say .. :D

I have never been a D'Antoni fan and agree with you Frantz. The Lakers simply don't play Dee and when they try to force an up tempo game invariably they can't keep up with their younger counterparts

I also agree about LBJ but I am sticking with my 3 for now

Chris Paul (who IMO has done more for the Clipps than LBJ for the Heat (this is after all MVP)

Kevin Durant who is my perennial favorite and finally Steph Curry who has righted the GSW's ship

I will not make too much of a case. You take LBJ out of the Heat lineup and they are a very good team.. not the monster capable of winning the NBA crown year after year they look like these days.. Does anyone see a team capable of dethroning them? The Knicks? Nets? OKC? GSW? The Clippers? The darn Hea play offense and defense like no one in the NBA. D-Wade is healthy and the underappreciated Bosh is playing like a man possessed...
I think LBJ is experiencing something Kobe has for years, he is so good that he's taken for granted .. Think about it: Kobe dominated the NBA for years, being the most dominant player for many years. Yet during that entire span, he got just one MVP, the lone of his career ... same with LBJ .. He is "merely" the best player in the NBA and makes ALL the difference for the Heat ...

Same thing in the NFL where all the talks is about Manning for MVP ..No Way!! AP all the way ... You take AP out and the Viking would be fighting the Brown, Jaguars and Chiefs for draft picks

As an aside I would like to see the Vikes knock off the Pack

Ain't going to happen. The Packs have one of the 3 best QBs in the game and a good defense which is getting healthy: Matthews seems to be fully healed and Woodson is back . The Vikes have AP and the whole world knows where the ball is going. During the regular season team may even experiment with defensive schemes. For the playoffs defense become more basic and tackling surer , do-or-die times, it will be more difficult for those 20 yards after contact runs... They'll try though ...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu