New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

I like Kobe as a player and all. Iff that is true Kobe is jeopardizing his chances to win a championship for the rest of his career. He is not playing tennis double but basketball and that requires at least 5 players t and a bench.
To say that I am disappointed about My Lakers is understatement. I think one of the Lakers problem is Kobe not meshing with or deferring to d'Antoni system and personality. He needs an ego as big as his own to fully exploit his talent .. The few in the games that I think could: Phil Jackson, Greg Popovitch, Doc Rivers ..We'll see.

Looks another trophy for Miami, people.. Prepare yourselves :(

The last thing I wanted to see was another Heat trophy ceremony. I skipped it totally last season. :D

I was primed to root for the Lakers if ever they would meet MIA but it seems that will not happen. Kobe haters are happy for him to not tie Jordan's 6 titles. But watching Dwane Wade celebrate is worse than any horror movie I have seen, and as I said, I used to be a big Kobe hater till Wade showed up breaking a player's elbow and kicking one in the groin, not to mention, breaking a nose to boot. One thing though than teams ought to know, MIA can be beaten once you beat them big on the rebounds. Somebody's got to pay for having a small lineup. This is the NBA, where giants rule. :D

Back to the Lakers, I saw the Denver game the other night, and there simply was no intensity, no fire, and no will to win for the players on court except for Kobe who time and again would hit those amazing desperation 3's. And fully agreed, they need a bench as well. A sixth man who does 15-20 points and a seventh who does 10-12 are essential so that when the starters rest, you either protect a lead or keep the game close. A dream team built on paper should have an internal desire to win and do just that, sad to say, the latter is missing for the Lakers.

Rondo suspended for tonight's game with the Knicks for bumping a ref.

2nd time for Rondo to bump a ref and this is what is keeping him from elevating his game. Hot-headedness has no place in the NBA. You gotta be a pro and control yourself and think team and not just yourself and your anger. I feel Doc's frustration on his early years with Rondo as being hard to hose down. And he was the one too to start the fight against the Nets, for 'protecting' KG.

One of the new practices of refs these days, whistle for a foul 1 second AFTER the so called foul. In the old days, they were simultaneous. Seems like their CPU is a second under clocked. :D

Big win by the C's at Madison Square. They new guys seem to be jelling and their D is getting tougher. Avery Bradley's return has given them a 3 games winning streak. Tough, unassuming but effective guard who can play 1 or 2. Melo got goaded by KG and those were some hot confrontations and jawings I have not seen in a while.

Looks like Melo was not content from the jawing he had with the C's and continued it after the game towards the C's locker and bus. Wow.

http://nba.si.com/2013/01/08/knicks...t-at-team-bus-after-chippy-game/?sct=uk_t2_a5

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/celtics-beat-knicks-first-matchup-032740141--nba.html

Anthony left without talking to reporters and the Knicks wouldn't comment on Anthony's postgame trip in the wrong direction, but Celtics coach Doc Rivers didn't deny it.

''I'm going to let you all figure that one out. I'm going to stay out of that,'' Rivers said. ''If it was the playoffs I'd tell on him, but since it's not I'm going to just be quiet.''

Rivers didn't need to. MSG Network reported the incident, in which security had to step in and send Anthony back in the right direction, as it went to its postgame show, and the league likely will investigate and could penalize the Knicks' leading scorer.

Comcast SportsNet New England posted a video on its website showing Anthony waiting near the Celtics' team bus after the game, with coach Mike Woodson and New York City police nearby.

''I didn't know what was going on at that point in time,'' Knicks forward Amare Stoudemire said. ''It's strictly basketball. We have to keep it on the basketball court and make sure we come to play every night. Boston will definitely bring the intensity and aggressive play. We got to be able to match that.''

Last edited:
Personally, I think they're downplaying the injury. Might not be so important for an ordinary person but different for an athlete. Sure it will hurt everytime he brings his arm overhead or throws a pass :( Will certainly hurt any attempts to trade Howard for sure!

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...s-lakers-dwight-howard-pau-gasol-indefinitely

very bad news for the lakers. pau and howard out 'indefinitely. a headline posted 'can it get any worse?' well, kobe has to double step up, maybe score even more than he's been doing, and the bench gets a chance to perform.

Looks like Melo was not content from the jawing he had with the C's and continued it after the game towards the C's locker and bus. Wow.

http://nba.si.com/2013/01/08/knicks...t-at-team-bus-after-chippy-game/?sct=uk_t2_a5

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/celtics-beat-knicks-first-matchup-032740141--nba.html

Anthony left without talking to reporters and the Knicks wouldn't comment on Anthony's postgame trip in the wrong direction, but Celtics coach Doc Rivers didn't deny it.

''I'm going to let you all figure that one out. I'm going to stay out of that,'' Rivers said. ''If it was the playoffs I'd tell on him, but since it's not I'm going to just be quiet.''

Rivers didn't need to. MSG Network reported the incident, in which security had to step in and send Anthony back in the right direction, as it went to its postgame show, and the league likely will investigate and could penalize the Knicks' leading scorer.

Comcast SportsNet New England posted a video on its website showing Anthony waiting near the Celtics' team bus after the game, with coach Mike Woodson and New York City police nearby.

''I didn't know what was going on at that point in time,'' Knicks forward Amare Stoudemire said. ''It's strictly basketball. We have to keep it on the basketball court and make sure we come to play every night. Boston will definitely bring the intensity and aggressive play. We got to be able to match that.''

IMO KG is one of the dirtiest players on the court. I'm surprised that he wasn't called for a foul for hip checking Melo rather than letting it boil over into that melt down

IMO KG is one of the dirtiest players on the court. I'm surprised that he wasn't called for a foul for hip checking Melo rather than letting it boil over into that melt down

There should have been a foul called there on KG right there. Too much hard contacts for a non-call. And he threw another elbow at somebody right after that and it was not seen by the refs either.

REPORT: NO COMEBACK FOR PHIL JACKSON

By Sekou Smith

HANG TIME HEADQUARTERS – Any dreams Brooklyn Nets fans had of Phil Jackson taking over this season were essentially dashed by the Zen Master himself tonight, per a SheridanHoops.com report.
In fact, Jackson wasn’t even more emphatic about his coaching future, insisting that he will not coach again:
“I have no intention of ever coaching again,” Jackson told SheridanHoops.com in a brief statement.
He offered no elaboration, nor any details of how hard — if at all — the Brooklyn Nets had pushed to bring him in as the permanent replacement for Avery Johnson, who was fired last month.
But he also did not use the word “retired,” and his use of the word “intention” will be seen by many as a hedge. Moreover, the quote was similar to what Jackson said when he left the Los Angeles Lakers in 2011.
Jackson was the one and only long-term coaching target of the Nets, who are now expected to keep P.J. Carlesimo in the job for the remainder of the regular season. The team is 5-1 since Carlesimo took over, losing only to the San Antonio Spurs.
So while Jackson’s “intention” is to never coach again, he could always change his mind at the conclusion of this season. For now, things should remain peaceful around the Zen Master for the remainder of winter and spring.
Jackson comment to SheridanHoops was his first public statement of the season, and the hedge therein will undoubtedly lead others to contact him in the future. The scuttlebutt around the league Tuesday was that Jackson was in demand and another team — other than Brooklyn, and other than the Lakers — had recently inquired about Jackson’s availability.
Jackson’s had a busy season for a guy who has no intention of coaching again. First he was courted and passed over for the vacant coaching job with his former team, the Los Angeles Lakers. They chose Mike D’Antoni instead.
But as Chris Sheridan points out, the rumblings surrounding the recently engaged (to longtime girlfriend and Lakers executive Jeanie Buss) Jackson have him returning in a front office capacity if he does return to the NBA at all.
With his coaching legacy already set in stone, there is really nothing left for Jackson to prove in that realm. The only basketball frontier he has left to explore and conquer is working in the front office, which remains a very real possibility.

Nets could do worse than PJ as long as he forgets his scrsaming in the face of players.

Lakers make an amazing come back against the Spurs but missed a last second shot to lose by 3.

Earl Clark (who?) is the star of the game for the Lakers.

Last edited:
The Nets and the C's on a 4 game win streak. PJ is the catalyst it seems there. And over at the C's is Avery Bradley, a small unheralded young guard. All top 8 teams in the East right now are very tough, with Philly hanging in at 9th. The West is even more crowded in talented teams and the top 8 are all winning teams. Am happy to see that Jeff Green and rookie Jared Sullinger is inching their way in to recognition. Sullinger could be the next important player in the Celtics franchise, hope that Danny A. doesn't trade him.

Earl Clark (who?) is the star of the game for the Lakers.

He's the guy an opposing team's coach picked to take 2 shots when Gasol went bleeding. Supposedly the poorest foul shooter on the bench but he sank both. Never knew this guy existed till that time. He was a 1st round 14th pick in 2009. He shouldn't be that bad.

He's the guy an opposing team's coach picked to take 2 shots when Gasol went bleeding. Supposedly the poorest foul shooter on the bench but he sank both. Never knew this guy existed till that time. He was a 1st round 14th pick in 2009. He shouldn't be that bad.

I saw that game as well as tonight's

Amazing comeback from 17 down only to lose by 3 at the buzzer missing the last shot but a loss is just another loss with the Lakers now 5 games under .500

It was all the tres by the Spurs all night that killed the Lakers

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu