New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

I feel your pain, Steve.

I gave up on the Clippers (and my season tickets) after the 2007-2008 season when they finished 23-59.

During that season seemed to me the Clippers players did not play hard so I thought they didn't deserve my support.

I did start rooting for them again and its been a fun ride for the past couple of years.

Of course, the Lakers are held to a much higher standard than the Clippers given their championship history.

I tend to root for the underdog - that's why nearly every team I picked in the Bowl games yesterday took it on the chin.

I grew up in Ohio so I am an Ohio State and Big 10 fan.

The only Big Ten victory yesterday was Northwestern, their first Bowl win since 1949.

My daughter went to college at Northwestern and my wife's parents and grandparents went to NU so we do cheer for the Wildcats.

And I officially gave up my card holding Laker's fan club member last night after they looked hopeless, listless, disinterested in their loss to the Sixers in LA last night. Any further interest on my part will be dispelled Friday night when they go up vs the Clipps with the Clipps being the home team. That game will separate the men from the boys. The Lakers reain one game below .500 after 31 games and 9 1/2 games out of first. Kobe hits his 34 last night while the rest of the team is stone cold. Gasol gets yanked again for Jordan Hill (good move) and Howard and the rest of the team do nothing. I just can't imagine Gasol being with the team by trade deadline next month

Same feeling here for this Celtics fan. They're being blown out by the Grizzlies on the parquet floor right now and there is no stopping to this losing skid. Their scoring is pathetic, no great shooters living up to the task. I look forward to some trades by the deadline.

and look at the GSW kicking the Clipps butt in Oakland at half time

Warriors look very energetic on both ends of the court. And their 'youth' is nice to watch, as being properly molded by 'young' coach Mark Jackson. He could win the coach of the year award if he goes deep in the playoffs.

Clippers are streaking again - but in the wrong direction. That's two ugly losses in a row.

That's what I have been saying too about the Celtics, and now that Kobe himself has mentioned it, the problem is they are old. You simply cannot hussle for loose balls, dive for interceptions, get out of double teams, and make offensive rebounds incessantly if you are old.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ant-says-the-lakers-are-old/?wprss=rss_sports

Kobe Bryant says the Lakers are old

Posted by Cindy Boren on January 2, 2013 at 1:56 pm

Kobe Bryant is not at a loss for words when it comes to what’s ailing the Lakers. (Paul Buck / EPA)

Kobe Bryant had no problems identifying the Los Angeles Lakers’ problems when asked to analyze the team this morning.

” ‘Cause we’re old as [expletive],” Bryant said on ESPN’s “Colin Cowherd Show.” “What do you want? We just got to figure out how to play when we don’t have that energy. We got to change things up a little bit defensively. We got to figure out what we want to do offensively, figure out what we want to do on nights when we don’t have those legs or have that energy.”

Bryant, in his 17th season at the age of 34, is leading the NBA in scoring, but the Lakers fell to 15-16 with a 103-99 loss Tuesday night to the Philadelphia 76ers.

“You just saw an old damn team,” Bryant said. “I don’t know how else to put it to you. We’re just slow. You saw a team over there that was just younger and just had fresher legs and just played with more energy, and we were just stuck in the mud. I think individually we all have to figure out how to get ourselves ready each and every game to have a high level of energy. That’s all that is.”

Whether Bryant was a little despondent or just being truthful, he isn’t writing off the Lakers. He still thinks they can make a run deep into the playoffs although the Lakers trail Portland by 1 1/2 games for the eighth and final Western Conference playoff spot.

“I don’t think there’s a doubt about that,” he said when Cowherd asked if the Lakers were built for postseason. “The problem is we’ve dug ourselves such a deep hole we got to do a lot of fighting just to catch up and get in that conversation. We firmly believe it’s going to happen, but we have to do a lot of fighting just to get there.”

Congrats to Phil. Wonder what Jim thinks now

Buss tweets news of engagement to ex-Lakers coach Jackson

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Known for getting rings, Phil Jackson finally has given one as well.

The retired coach, who won 11 NBA titles with the Los Angeles Lakers and Chicago Bulls, is engaged to longtime girlfriend and Lakers executive Jeanie Buss.
Buss posted a picture Thursday night on her official Twitter account of her left hand with a diamond ring on her finger.
The accompanying tweet read "Twitter family - Phil finally gave me that ring I wanted!'' followed by a smiley face.
Buss later confirmed the engagement to ESPN.com, saying she received the ring at Christmas and she's "beyond happy.''
The 67-year-old Jackson and 51-year-old Buss have been dating since 1999.
Jackson nearly returned to the Lakers in November, but the team opted for coach Mike D'Antoni.

since i never attended a live game, i now know what i've missed.:D i still look forward to my elusive first ever live nba game, and i'm aiming at the boston garden this time, no less.

You've got to get yourself to a game! You're too big a fan not to experience that.

Big game tonight with bragging rights for LaLa land

Lakers vs Clipps

Lakers have lost twice to the Clipps so far this year

This should be fun, hope I can stay up for it.

I will definitely be watching the Clippers and Lakers play tonight.

Hope both teams are at full strength and play well for this battle.

I've been to a number of these games over the years when they are Clippers home games. Usually 30% to 40% of the crowd are Lakers fans so its fun in the arena, too.

Congrats to Phil. Wonder what Jim thinks now

Buss tweets news of engagement to ex-Lakers coach Jackson

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Known for getting rings, Phil Jackson finally has given one as well.

The retired coach, who won 11 NBA titles with the Los Angeles Lakers and Chicago Bulls, is engaged to longtime girlfriend and Lakers executive Jeanie Buss.
Buss posted a picture Thursday night on her official Twitter account of her left hand with a diamond ring on her finger.
The accompanying tweet read "Twitter family - Phil finally gave me that ring I wanted!'' followed by a smiley face.
Buss later confirmed the engagement to ESPN.com, saying she received the ring at Christmas and she's "beyond happy.''
The 67-year-old Jackson and 51-year-old Buss have been dating since 1999.
Jackson nearly returned to the Lakers in November, but the team opted for coach Mike D'Antoni.

That's one way to own a piece of the Lakers, so to speak.

I hope for a great game tonight and that the Lakers are up to the challenge and the real Lakers show up. I would rather see Kobe score 20 and the rest of the team is involved and they come away with a win rather than Kobe scoring 40 and no one else is in the game and they come away with another loss

Kobe always seems to come up big against the Clippers. Some of the shots Kobe makes are just unbelieveable.

When Odom first went to the Lakers you could always count on him to lose his cool during these games but now he's on the Clippers. Hope it doesn't work in reverse tonight.

When Matt Barnes was a Laker he was always taking cheap shots at Blake Griffin - at least he was if you were a Clipper fan. :)

I think Barnes already has 8 or 9 technical fouls this season and he is quick to boil over. Maybe he and Metta will get into it.

Steve Nash - have to admire him. Guy seems to move in slow motion and still pull off the amazing shot or assist.

Clippers have looked lackadasical their last two games. Presume this Hallway Rivalry game will get their full attention.

Kobe and CP3 are beyond fierce competitors so we should see playoff-type intensity.

You've got to get yourself to a game! You're too big a fan not to experience that.

yeah, bob. i promise myself that will be a priority in my next visit to the states. last year i planned to watch a game in the bay area with steve but it was thwarted by a lock-out.

yeah, bob. i promise myself that will be a priority in my next visit to the states. last year i planned to watch a game in the bay area with steve but it was thwarted by a lock-out.

How true Phil

Now that I'm back in SoCal ill get either Lakers or Clippers when you come visit.

Definitely take Steve up on his offer. NBA games are a ton of fun in person.

On the other hand, I don't like attending NFL games. There are so many commercial time outs, the in-person experience is not good. Better on TV.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu