New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

@jadis So Phil I do smell sweep although the Mavs at home in a do or die, one would not be wrong in betting Dallas tonight. Having said that and their mentality being challenged the last 2 wins were in the final minute of play with some outstanding shots and blocks by White and Brown and in game 1 the incredible return by Porzingis. However with Doncic on the Mavs and his shooting skills one can never say never.

It will hopefully be a close game but the Celtics will win the ring

@DLS the only way I could say the Celtics mentality is flawed would be if the Mavs became the first team to win the title after being down 0-3 ;)

Reactions: christoph and jadis
Reactions: christoph and DLS
No sweep today as Mavs not only annihilated the Celtics but so also forced a game 5 as Mr Clutch Luka Doncic rises to the occasion

@DLS...I have to agree today that the Celts mentality was poor at best. No killer attitude and to take out their prey

Luka Doncic keeps Mavericks alive with impressive Game 4 performance

Dallas' star guard rebounds from a tough Game 3 with an all-around effort to help the Mavericks stave off elimination.

Reactions: christoph
I have to agree with @DLS that today at least the mentality of the Celtics was nothing short of pathetic as I saw no reason to comment on the game for @christoph as it was a blowout like game 1 was for the Celtics

Also all 3 of their losses in this playoffs have been gblowouts. It's almost as if they were saving their energy to win it at home in front of their fans

Celtics get only 35 points in the first half says it all as the Mavs Dee was exceptional

Even Sir Charles called the Celtics loss embarrassing to watch. It really was .

@DLS....is it a mental lapse or a sign of watch out next year Celtics or both? :cool:

My own perception of Dallas in Game 4 is that being doing 0-3, they have nothing to lose and the best weapon is to let Luka shoot the first 20 shots to set the tone for a big lead and let the others play their game. People can forgot how hard it was to get a 3-0 lead in the Finals, and any opponent can give a great game any night thereafter, which is why it's a 7 game series. And of the 4 games so far, Porzingis did not play in 2 but they did win 1 game without Porzingis. It's still anybody's series. Celtics have to make the best of the home game next.

I think I was unclear. They are a championship team, the best team the in league this year. My Knicks would NOT have beaten them this year. My statement about them being flawed is related to the many pundits who question if they are the best Celtic team ever (omg!). They are very good offensively, they are excellent defensively, but, IMHO, they lack a certain competitive fierceness. They get u 3-0 and then mail in a game? That's not something Russell or Bird, or Garnett teams ever did. And it DOES give me hope for next year...
really....so they are not a great team but mentally flawed...yet they'll win this year. Have you looked at their record in these playoffs to make such a statement. FWIW they are 9-0 on the road in the playoffs and 15-2 overall. This is where we truly differ. If you tell me your Knicks are better , I can only shrug and say whatever:oops: I will say this however......the talent in the EC has gotten really good and next year the Celtics will be hard pressed to repeat as I do see many teams challenging them for the title including the Knicks, Pacers as long as those teams are healthy. The depth of the Celtics bench is impressive but they will need a healthy Porzingis to win the EC. If these other teams are healthy and now with some playoff experience I think do a "repeat" might prove difficult. If anyone had told me that the Nuggets would lose the semifinals to the Wolves home in 7 games, I would have laughed at the....so please tell us where they are lacking mentally "this year" and forget about next year because we all know how difficult it is to repeat let alone threepea

Reactions: steve williams
really....so they are not a great team but mentally flawed...yet they'll win this year. Have you looked at their record in these playoffs to make such a statement. FWIW they are 9-0 on the road in the playoffs and 15-2 overall. This is where we truly differ. If you tell me your Knicks are better , I can only shrug and say whatever:oops: I will say this however......the talent in the EC has gotten really good and next year the Celtics will be hard pressed to repeat as I do see many teams challenging them for the title including the Knicks, Pacers as long as those teams are healthy. The depth of the Celtics bench is impressive but they will need a healthy Porzingis to win the EC. If these other teams are healthy and now with some playoff experience I think do a "repeat" might prove difficult. If anyone had told me that the Nuggets would lose the semifinals to the Wolves home in 7 games, I would have laughed at the....so please tell us where they are lacking mentally "this year" and forget about next year because we all know how difficult it is to repeat let alone threepeat
Indeed Steve, the 7th game loss of the Nuggets at home was a monumental shock in my basketball following. Luka single handedly beating they wolves in the opening quarter of the close out game was another surprise. Can we say the Nuggets and Wolves were mentally weak? If so the Knicks should be far ahead of the pack when they lost big to the Pacers in game 7 at Madison Square garden. Just being run to the ground by the coach does not connote mental toughness. It's funny at 3-0 pundits who chose Dallas were talking sweep but at 1 road loss the are now heralding Mavs in 7. In era, I regard a 20 point lead with 5 minutes in the game as anybody game. Precisely why i tune it at 2 minutes with a 15 point lead. Lol

I think I was unclear. They are a championship team, the best team the in league this year. My Knicks would NOT have beaten them this year. My statement about them being flawed is related to the many pundits who question if they are the best Celtic team ever (omg!). They are very good offensively, they are excellent defensively, but, IMHO, they lack a certain competitive fierceness. They get u 3-0 and then mail in a game? That's not something Russell or Bird, or Garnett teams ever did. And it DOES give me hope for next year...
Knowing some Celtics lore, this team cannot be the best Celtics team I know.

@jadis So Phil I do smell sweep although the Mavs at home in a do or die, one would not be wrong in betting Dallas tonight. Having said that and their mentality being challenged the last 2 wins were in the final minute of play with some outstanding shots and blocks by White and Brown and in game 1 the incredible return by Porzingis. However with Doncic on the Mavs and his shooting skills one can never say never.

It will hopefully be a close game but the Celtics will win the ring

@DLS the only way I could say the Celtics mentality is flawed would be if the Mavs became the first team to win the title after being down 0-3 ;)
Well Steve, if the Celtics blew a 0-3 finals lead , in my books they're not just mentally weak but PHYSICALLY weak even. Throws out all that Brad has done. Imo.

Trivia time, 2017 warriors Cleveland finals. Warriors up 3-0 first year of Durant. Game 4 Kyrie hit 40 points and Lebron 30 plus. Cleveland blew the Warriors out, but lost game 5 and the title. Close out games are not easy specially if the opponent goes on a tantric mode. :D

That said it is wish that the Celtics treat game 5 as game 7.

well Happy Father's Day to you guys. My family and I are driving up to LA today to take in the KC Royals vs Los Angeles Dodgers at Dodger Stadium. Should be a beautiful day here as yesterday we we at 92 and today promises the same

Reactions: christoph and jadis
well Happy Father's Day to you guys. My family and I are driving up to LA today to take in the KC Royals vs Los Angeles Dodgers at Dodger Stadium. Should be a beautiful day here as yesterday we we at 92 and today promises the same
Happy Father's Day too Steve !

Laker have 2 draft choices this year,.....17th and 55th and Bronny will go to the Lakers unless he is taken earlier but all scouting reports have stated he's a "meh"
If I were a random Team manager, able to draft Bronny ahead of the Lakers, I would do so and then offer Bronny for AD and LeBum would do EVERYTHING to seal the deal :p

Mavs are on check of a spunky team as they crossed to within 4 points early in the second but the Celtics playing at home clearly feel this one as they dont want the series to go back to Dallas. They reign down 3's and surprisingly (to me at least), Porzingis is playing and making a huge contribution under the boards as the Celtics pull away

End of 1st half. Celtics with a big lead, (but as @jadis states, a 20 point lead can quickly evaporate)

Celts 67-46 as Pritchard drops a 3 pointer that was so long it left his hands at it seemed the time clock was red for at least 3 seconds before the ball swished through

I know 20 point leads go but that 3 pointer to me sealed the victory

• Wow

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing