New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Bird belongs in French Lick! :D

Bird belongs in French Lick! :D

hehe...and they named a boulevard after him in french lick plus a museum. and the bostonians simply retired his jersey. you've got a point, jack. :D

I bet a pumped Lebron tries to go for 40-20-10. Will the spurs allow him???

i can't forget the 45 points on boston garden when they were down 2-3.

i hope the spurs D rises to the occasion to this running time bomb.

Heat just so tough to crack in their must win games. They're sending it back to Miami arena.

And Splitter is a small and soft big. He gets smothered all the time.

Wade has woken from his stupor. That is scary.

And I can't help but notice that each time Miami loses, the sports writers begin to herald the doom of the Heat Big 3, in particular, the demise of King James and his 'poor game' and his self blame game. Ironically, these words feed the fire in James and the Heat. If I were Spo, I'll have these articles printed all big and spend 1 hour flashing them into the players and say, look, they're nailing our coffins and staking us with the wooden peg, time to rise up ye all vampires! :DAnd I guess Wade just woke up, as Jack mentioned. Doc Rivers hated the press for that last year when they were up2-3 and all the writers were talking about the deer and the headlights once again. I gotta believe this fuels Miami, with no extra charge. And tonight, they again responded to the 'demise of the Heat' stories.

Time for the Spurs to think championship and not just a game. Last game at home for their last stand at the Alamo. IF they win, then they challenge Miami to beat them back to back. It's now about mental toughness. I'm sure James is waiting for the next deer and the headlights story with open arms. It's sweet to silence the critics.

And after the game...

SAN ANTONIO (AP) — Miami Heat owner Micky Arison had a message as he walked to the winning locker room.

"The death of the Big Three was overrated," he said.

Last edited:
Here's the latest out of LaLa Land.

I seriously doubt Howard will return to the Lakers....

Chris Paul and Dwight Howard Joining Forces Could Save Lakers' Future

By Michael C. Jones | Yahoo!

COMMENTARY | In news that shouldn't surprise anyone, reports out of Southern California are that superstars Chris Paul and Dwight Howard want to play together on the same team. This idea isn't a novel one in the new landscape of NBA stars joining forces.
But this has bigger implications for the Los Angeles Lakers -- it could save their franchise from years of uncertainty.
That's because most likely scenario that would have Paul and Howard joining forces would involve a sign-and-trade with Howard going to the Clippers. The best part of that deal for the Lakers, however, would be the fact that the Clippers would likely have to send their Staples Center co-tenants Eric Bledsoe and Blake Griffin across the hall in return.
According to the report first disseminated via ESPN.com, which cites "league sources," the two NBA icons would ideally play together in Los Angeles for the Clips. If that happens, the Lakers would solve several of their biggest problems.

No more Dwightmares
The Dwightmare would no longer be the Lakers' problem, and neither would his injury concerns. General manager Mitch Kupchak has been clear on the Lakers' desire to re-sign Howard, but such an offer would be one that he couldn't afford to ignore. The way Howard unceremoniously finished his first season in L.A. with a playoff ejection left a bad taste in the mouths of many of the purple-and-gold faithful.
Bledsoe and Griffin are two of the most athletic players in the NBA, which would fill a substantial void the Lakers have had for several years. Their transition defense has been near-abysmal, and each would provide an instant upgrade in that area, especially Bledsoe on the perimeter.

Blake Griffin -- the lesser of two "evils"
Griffin gets a lot of criticism for being soft and shying away from contact. He's been a marketing dream for the NBA, but many feel he doesn't deserve the attention or hype because his production hasn't warranted it. That's the worst he's done.
And then there's Howard, who single-handedly held the Orlando Magic hostage as he wavered on his future plans for the better part of an entire season. He sabotaged his coach and displayed plenty of immaturity when he was in purple-and-gold with his antics.
To top it all off, he had surgery, on his spine, and will likely never be the dominant force he once was.
Which player would the Lakers be better-served to take a chance on?

A brighter (and more entertaining) future
Rather than Howard, who's leadership potential is balky at best, the Lakers would get two players, who, at the very least are more valuable trade assets if things don't work out either systematically or personnel-wise.
But they would instantly bring a real version of Showtime back to the Lakers' home floor, and that's been missing for years. And they'll have plenty of talent around them. Pau Gasol could go back to playing his natural position at center, and if Mike D'Antoni shows a willingness to play through the post and feature his four and five together inside, they'll have a roster more suited to run his system.
The Clippers have reportedly cited Griffin as untouchable, but if making Paul happy is a priority, then they may entertain such a deal.
One thing is certain, with the Lakers being as handicapped as they are with salary cap issues, injuries and aging stars, any deal that solves most of that conundrum has to be given serious consideration.

I don't think Howard is going back to the Lakers either....but that doesn't mean the Clippers would include Blake Griffin in a trade with the Lakers.

The whole scenario seems very unlikely to me but, if its possible, the Clippers offer would be D'Andre Jordan, Eric Bledsoe and perhaps Caron Butler to clear cap space.

I wouldn't trade Blake for Howard straight up. Blake is on the rise and Howard is on the decline, not to mention Howard's image is blown and his character is questionable.

Chris Broussard at ESPN is the one who started this story and he's not the most credible reporter, at least to me.

This story had to come from Howard's camp. He benefits from hanging his hat with Chris Paul. Not much benefit to CP3 to have Howard linked to him.

Michael

The Clipps have said that Blake won't be traded however the word is Paul thinks he's immature and doesn't like to play with him. Also Blake is a showboat for the NBA and Paul doesn't like it to be anyone's team but his.

There were rumors of tension between Blake and CP3 last year. However, Dwight has some maturity issues compounded with work ethic issues. Blake's work ethic has never been questioned. I'm prejudiced, but I'd take Griffin over Howard were I Chris Paul.

Plus, Howard didn't like playing second fiddle to Kobe and he'd be in the same position with CP3. Paul is a great player but not as renowned or accomplished as Kobe.

All speculation at this point so....

Stranger things have happened and it would be a coup for Kupchack, who has pulled off the impossible before.

With all the negative controversies surrounding Howard these past few years, I wonder why a contending team would be interested in him. If he can't play his best with Kobe, who else will he play better with? And that's because he wants to be the first option of his team and his coach. And he has to look for 'his' coach as well. He he thinks he is the franchise player that he is, why not move to the lottery teams and get a stab at it with the rookies, with due apologies to the rookies and sophomores. :D And for whatever its worth, well, maybe I'd still take him over Tiago Splitter. :D

Splitter hasn't been the same since LeBron had the massive block against him. He looks to have lost his confidence

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu