New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Clippers beat the Kings last night. Face Houston on Monday. Will be fun to watch Howard and D'Andre face off.

That would be a nice game to watch. 2 team that sought to improve by adding some pieces. Maybe a preview of a western playoff match up too. Harden has been quite explosive these days. Not to mention Chris Paul.

Philly beats Chicago. 3-0 now for a team projected last and supposed to tank. No tanks. :)

Michael Carter Williams has been fantastic so far.

Last edited:
Houston 3-0 too. I'm seeing a more focused D12, and seems he is ok with Harden leading the team with shooting. Dwight's boards and interior defense will be his main role, with short shots every now and then. Rockets are young and most players can play long minutes. Bench look good too. And they have the luxury to shifting Asik and D12 either at 4 or 5.

And good to see the Pacers shaking off pre season jitters, now at 3-0 as well.

All these good teams have only one mission, and one enemy. :D

Philly beats Chicago. 3-0 now for a team projected last and supposed to tank. No tanks. :)

Michael Carter Williams has been fantastic so far.

As one of my clients is fond to say, the back of the card doesn't lie. :)

After seeing some highlight of Victor Oladipo of Orlando today, I'd have to pay attention to some Magic games. First time for me to see this no. 2 overall pick do his stuff. He can play and even showboat a bit, no-look assist, spinning drive, and a 360-dunk after a steal. Nets never knew this come was coming.

Clippers - Rockets later on. Should be a nice one to see how these 2 new look teams fare out.

Celtics are, as predicted, right on track to secure 1 ping pong ball for the Wiggins sweepstakes. I do see them deliberately losing, but just losing. New college coach is still figuring it all out. If you got a franchise that centers on Gerald Wallace as your 'leader' and media mouthpiece, then you're really in trouble. I'm starting to watch Andrew Wiggins Highlights on youtube. :D

Clippers beat the Rockets tonight 137 - 118. Offensive fireworks, not a lot of defense.

23 points and 17 assists for Chris Paul. Dwight Howard had 13 points and 9 rebounds, D'Andre Jordan countered with 11 points and 9 rebounds.

Clippers beat the Rockets tonight 137 - 118. Offensive fireworks, not a lot of defense.

23 points and 17 assists for Chris Paul. Dwight Howard had 13 points and 9 rebounds, D'Andre Jordan countered with 11 points and 9 rebounds.

And I read Dwight kept getting boo'ed by the LA crowd. :D

Missed the game so watching the highlights I see D12 getting 2 fouls in 8 seconds, and then getting a 3rd when he came back. These things will take him out of the game. And Reddick is proving to be a good pickup in the off season. Plus I personally find nothing wrong with lob city as long as Doc is calling for it. :D Lob offense is hard to defend. :D

Cavs' Bynum unsure whether explosiveness will return

This guy is such a malingerer.......

CLEVELAND (AP) -- Cavaliers center Andrew Bynum is not sure he will regain his explosiveness after missing all of last season because of injuries to both knees.

The 7-foot Bynum said before Monday night's game against Minnesota that he still feels pain in his knees, but hopes his minutes will increase as the season goes on. He hoped to play in both halves of the game, his third appearance of the season.
Bynum admitted he isn't as explosive as he was when he played for the Los Angeles Lakers and wonders if that aspect of his game will return.
"I don't think that's coming back," he said. "It makes you rely more on footwork and skills versus athleticism."
Bynum is also dealing with the normal effects of having surgery, but is pleased with the progress he's made.
"I feel little sharp pains here and there, but it's nothing too bad," he said. "I feel all right. My timing's off, but I haven't played in a long time. I have skills. I have talent. I just need to get my timing back."
Bynum played 7:34 in the season opener against Brooklyn -- his first appearance since May 21, 2012, when he was with the Lakers -- and 10:46 on Friday against Charlotte. He didn't play in the second half of either game and was inactive Saturday against Indiana, which follows the Cavaliers' plans of being cautious with him. Bynum entered Monday's game with 4:14 remaining in the first quarter and played 9:42 in the half.
Bynum didn't play a game last season with Philadelphia and underwent arthroscopic surgery on both knees in March. He signed with Cleveland in July and resumed basketball activities in mid-September.
The Cavaliers hope Bynum, 26, will give them a large inside presence and a complement to star point guard Kyrie Irving. The team signed Bynum to a two-year, $24 million contract. Only one season is guaranteed and the team holds the option for next season.

Not a Bynum fan but I do hope he can play well again. Hate to see anyone lose a career to injury.

Easy to doubt Bynum's sincerity given his track record.

Clipper fans were smart to boo Dwight Howard. Had I been at the game I would have added to the chorous.

Lakers play Houston in Houston this week. I'll be rooting for the Lakers in that game - maybe Pau and Kaman can team up on
Dwight.

Knicks go 1-3, not far from Boston's 0-4. Tyson Chandler's knee injury if serious could make them another lottery candidate. Such a huge payroll with little success, the Knicks.

Saw the Clippers-Magic game and what a game. Clippers came down 19 to take the lead in the 3rd but fall short due the great plays by Vucevic, who is playing very well early on. 30 points and 20 boards. Clips fall on set offensive patterns, and it looked like Orlando had better set plays tonight. Despite having 23 points, Blake still fails on the clutch, specially on isolation low post plays.

And after an almost winless preseason, the Pacers are 5-0, beating the Bulls tonight.

Saw the Clippers-Magic game and what a game. Clippers came down 19 to take the lead in the 3rd but fall short due the great plays by Vucevic, who is playing very well early on. 30 points and 20 boards. Clips fall on set offensive patterns, and it looked like Orlando had better set plays tonight. Despite having 23 points, Blake still fails on the clutch, specially on isolation low post plays.

Was at this game and don't recall Griffin posting up even once. Lots of jumpers. Vucevic ate up Doc's hoped for defensive player of the year DeAndre Jordan.

Clips are playing about as well as the Bulls right now.

Was at this game and don't recall Griffin posting up even once. Lots of jumpers. Vucevic ate up Doc's hoped for defensive player of the year DeAndre Jordan.

Clips are playing about as well as the Bulls right now.

I noticed too that Blake tends to jump at anywhere near the shaded lane and then start to think of his shot or how he should shoot the ball rather than having a natural flow to the basket ala Kevin McHale for example. At one point Blake was in front of the basket, but seeing many hands up on him, he kinda just flipped the ball up and seeing how he threw up the ball, you know it's not gonna fall in. Still amazing though how he chalked up 23 points which is still a lot of points in the NBA. Meaning, if only he had a smooth and deadly go to move, he would have averaged 30 plus a game easily, given his power and athleticism. I like the guy really, and he's a hard worker, and I'd like to see him get better.

Now Doc will have the pressure of matching Vinnie's record last season of 56 wins. There is so much optimism I know with Doc's hiring. It's still early, and he needs to experiment the right combinations too.

And tomorrow, Clippers visit Miami.

I noticed too that Blake tends to jump at anywhere near the shaded lane and then start to think of his shot or how he should shoot the ball rather than having a natural flow to the basket ala Kevin McHale for example. At one point Blake was in front of the basket, but seeing many hands up on him, he kinda just flipped the ball up and seeing how he threw up the ball, you know it's not gonna fall in. Still amazing though how he chalked up 23 points which is still a lot of points in the NBA. Meaning, if only he had a smooth and deadly go to move, he would have averaged 30 plus a game easily, given his power and athleticism. I like the guy really, and he's a hard worker, and I'd like to see him get better.

Now Doc will have the pressure of matching Vinnie's record last season of 56 wins. There is so much optimism I know with Doc's hiring. It's still early, and he needs to experiment the right combinations too.

And tomorrow, Clippers visit Miami.

and Lakers are at Houston

Celtic's win. Ben should perform more often!!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu