New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Very close game. Dirk missed the final shot, just like Pierce missed the final shot in the Boston series. You live and die with your leader. Miami is very good in close games, they come out winning these a lot.

OK gentlemen

Its down to a best of 3 series and the Mavs are at home on Thursday

This series is so close. One to two possessions a game decides it on the last shot in too many games. What a nail biter.

What a game...what a series

What a series, you can say that again.

And how bout those Mavs keep coming back, this time down 9 down the homestretch and surging back on Dirk's layup.

And how bout Dirk playing with Fever? Winning time. Ain't got time to be sick. Heroes are made.

One thing with the Heat, down the stretch they got the Big 3, but there's only 1 ball. This time the ending wasn't so perfect as Wade fumbled the inbound pass.

And finally, Chandler shows up with big numbers. I had been waiting for him to show up in this series just like the LA series. They need to use him to the max as Anthony is 6-9 but so far was actually dominating him till now. And Terry showed up too. These were 2 missing people who are now found. :)

Best of 3, but Dallas needs Game 5 more than Miami. Being up 3-2 heading to Miami isn't all that encouraging, more so at 2-3.

We get our money's worth in these games.

One thing with the Heat, down the stretch they got the Big 3, but there's only 1 ball.

I love this! Can I quote you Indiana? :)

I love this! Can I quote you Indiana? :)

Sure thing, Jack. I got this insight too in the course of discussions amongst NBA fanatics in my loop. :)

A couple of things have greatly surprised me in the Finals. I would have thought that the Bigs of the Mavs will lord it over the Heat frontline like they did against LAL and OKC. Surprisingly, I have seen so many times Tyson Chandler being blocked cleanly by Joel Anthony and Dwyane Wade. Now Joel is listed as 6-9 and clearly is a lot smaller than Chandler, he had been pesterting Chandler until tonight when Chandler finally showed up and got the shots he normally makes. Another surprise is Wade's energy and intensity. He clearly has upped both at this point. In the Celtics series, Wade can be seen as panting and really tired, but here, the guy is flying all over, making incredible scoop shots and tonight, just blocked 7-0 Chandler's dunk, cleanly. Man. The guy has heart too. Like Dirk. And it would be sad to see someone lose here by next week.

Last edited:
Hi
Great series! The Keys to the Mavericks winning are Jason Terry and Tyson Chandler. These guys have been erratic in the series .. Both offensively and defensively. Miami is rebounding as if there were no front line ... The Mavericks are boxing out no one ... Joel Anthony is playing like an All NBA defensive, Mario Chalmers shots are not contested ... Lebron had a so-so game , and I am being generous .. If All 3 guys start playing the way they can and the rest of the Mavs don't wake up to go to the boards chasing rebounds it is Miami in 6 games.. Game 5 is a must-win for the Mavs.

While I was very turned off by Miami and their beginning of the season, tasteless and tacky welcome of LBJ and CB, on the court, they have definitely earned my respect. Coach Spo, is half Filipino so that makes me a bit conflicted in this series. Still, I'm rooting for the Mavs because of all the heart they've shown this season. That and because they're the only ones left flying the flag for us oldies ;) ;) ;)

LBJ IMO got the most meaningless Triple Double in a playoff game

TOo harsh Steve

. He didn't score and appeared almost hesitant but he played well. He facilitated, did play good defense and got some very important rebounds .. The lack of interior defense is what did Miami in these games ... Question where was Joel Anthony tonight? I do think that for Miami to win LBJ has to elevate his game .. it remains that when Dallas gets jason Terry and Barrea going there is not much one can do. BTW Tyson Chandler was visible tonight and he is one of the reasons why they won ...

Home court advantage is not to be underestimated. That charging call that Chandler took at the end of the game would have been (correctly called) blocking in Miami.

. it remains that when Dallas gets jason Terry and Barrea going there is not much one can do. BTW Tyson Chandler was visible tonight and he is one of the reasons why they won ...

When it rains 3s for the Mavs, that is their style and that is their winning way. Against LAL and OKC they were loose and easy in their outside shots and they were sinking them. This is the game I had been waiting for for Dallas. And if they can play this way in Game 6, they have a pretty good chance to get the title. Miami will use their will, though it seems that they had flushed all their cards out in the table already in the past 5 games, and Dallas only did theirs just about tonight. So Miami needs more than their old ways, and Dallas needs just a little bit more to do one more win, which will be their last this season. Chandler mowing the lane is the sight I expected to see, and Joel Anthony may have his work cut out for him next game, or 2.

The series can rival any of the last 2 Boston-LA Finals. Basketball at its finest, with storyline and dramatics to spice it up. A lockout will be a shame.

Home court advantage is not to be underestimated. That charging call that Chandler took at the end of the game would have been (correctly called) blocking in Miami.
That's why it was charging in Dallas

Maybe too harsh Frantz but to my eyes although he played well D-Wayde and Chalmers made some spectacular plays

The call they gave Wade went he went into Cardinal was beyond questionable too .. It evens out, there wereseveral that could have gone either way ...

The foul called on Cardinal on the perimeter, whether correct or not was a bonehead play in that situation.

Can't believe they missed the double dribble. Entirely changes the way you defend if you think the guy can't move.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu