New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Steve, what I feel is that the Pelicans are mystified at what a Boston offered package can look like past July 1. That may be the only reason for yawning at the Lakers all out offer.

but does it really matter if he says all he will be is a rental player until he can join the Lakers

but does it really matter if he says all he will be is a rental player until he can joint Lakers

I think in the Pelicans point of view, Davis being a one year rental Is not their concern. Assuming the agree with Boston past July 1 to ship Davis to the Celtics, then that 1 year rental Is Boston's concern, not the Pelicans. SO the Pelicans have all the leverage and time in their favor.

Reactions: christoph
Assuming the Pelicans are able to pry Tatum and 3 players and 2 first round picks from Boston, they would have hit more pay dirt than they would do now with the Lakers total bus load of players, that is their view, imo.

Donn't be too surprised to see Kristap play very soon. Word is that the Knicks have been sitting him for trade purposes.

Reactions: jadis
Davis Sr. doesn't want son in Boston
The father of Pelicans star forward Anthony Davis says he never hopes to see his son play a game for the Boston Celtics, a franchise he labels as disloyal.

"I would never want my son to play for Boston after what they done to Isaiah Thomas," Anthony Davis Sr. said, per ESPN. "No loyalty. Guy gives his heart and soul and they traded him."

Davis Sr. is referencing how Boston dealt Thomas -- a two-time All-Star who played through both injuries and tragedies for the Celtics -- to Cleveland in exchange for Kyrie Irving.

"This is just my opinion, not Anthony's," he added. "I've just seen things over the years with Boston, and there's no loyalty."

Earlier in the day, Shams Charania of The Athletic reported the Celtics are not a preferred destination for Davis the player either.

Since Shaq called this whole Davis thing a business, then there is no loyalty up or down there. I don't recall people praising Bird, Magic and Jordan for their loyalty. Ainge went out to say Auerbach should have traded Bird in his waning years, and Magic was one of the first to demand Paul Westhead be fired or trade him. So James wasn't the first but he still keeps doing it. :D The thing about Davis is a trade request while he is under contract till June 2020 does not give him any leverage as to where he is traded to, if ever. And he can ask PG and Kawhi about it. In a shocking case, he may be even traded to Memphis for Gasol and Conley, that can happen before the end of next season - then can Davis (or his dad) choose his team.

Reactions: christoph
Well Phil

I said here a few months ago that I felt Lebron was now like Kobe in his waning years. Certainly a superstar but now obviously lacking some things he used to have. He played 82 ages last year and missed 16 before he played a few nights ago. Well he's out again tonight in Oakland vs the GSW. Lakers need to bring in seasoned veterans to help him preserve hie legacy and get them a championship

I don't believe it's going to happen. He's in his 16th year And Magic is prepared to give away his entire young roster to get AD

Here's what I would do and this is just me

I would keep my entire young team and trade LeBron for AD. I feel this gives Lakers a better chance at a championship going forward.

Reactions: christoph and jadis
Well Phil

I said here a few months ago that I felt Lebron was now like Kobe in his waning years. Certainly a superstar but now obviously lacking some things he used to have. He played 82 ages last year and missed 16 before he played a few nights ago. Well he's out again tonight in Oakland vs the GSW. Lakers need to bring in seasoned veterans to help him preserve hie legacy and get them a championship

I don't believe it's going to happen. He's in his 16th year And Magic is prepared to give away his entire young roster to get AD

Here's what I would do and this is just me

I would keep my entire young team and trade LeBron for AD. I feel this gives Lakers a better chance at a championship going forward.

I agree with everything you said, Steve. In the storied career of Magic Johnson, I do not feel he should kowtow to the whims of LeBron just because he as hyped himself up with the media since The Decision. Before the decision, what was Lebron? A loser for 8 years. And Magic, a CHAMPION in his rookie year, and carrying the brunt of the scoring and playing center in the title clinching game, scoring 42 points, ON THE ROAD. So why should Magic listen to him now and torch the team, including the head coach who has done well and in fact, done nothing wrong. So I fully agree with the idea of trading LeBron for AD. If that happens, we will see if AD still wants to sign a max contract with LAL given that he will have a lot of young talents around him.

Another one -year rental?

Pelicans leaning towards completing Anthony Davis trade with Celtics

https://celticswire.usatoday.com/20...pleting-anthony-davis-trade-with-celtics/amp/

Per ESPN‘s Adrian Wojnaroski, the New Orleans Pelicans are leaning towards waiting until the offseason to strike a potential trade deal centered around superstar center Anthony Davis with the Boston Celtics as their preferred trade partner. Wojnarowski’s report comes on the heels of Davis’ father sending a strongly-worded text to ESPN that made disparaging remarks about the Celtics organization and his own report that that Boston in undeterred by the elder Davis’ comments (per MassLive‘s Tom Westerholm).
New Orleans has been leaning toward waiting until the end of the season to negotiate with the Boston Celtics, who have a larger pool of draft and player assets.​
It makes sense for the Pelicans to want to strike a deal with the Celtics considering their highly-touted collection of potential first-round draft picks and talented (as well as young) players.

Congrats Phil! Marcus Smart was making shots! Great nail biter vs OKC!

Congrats Phil! Marcus Smart was making shots! Great nail biter vs OKC!

Yeah Jack. Every time Smart heaves the ball up I gotta wince. :D

Brown has regained some shooting touch too. It's Rozier who is suffering due to Irving's 30+ minutes. Brown and Smart can be good alternates. Great game. Down to the wire. PG is like 110% since his injury. Hayward needs to talk to him. :)

Breaks my heart to think some or all of these young kids might get traded as well as more draft picks.

You're throwing out the baby with the bath water

Groin injuries are very serious and for LeBron to return at full throttle is a stretch

I still think they should do a straight up trade AD for LBJ but I am being whimsical even though I would love it to happen

I hate the way he manipulate players, coaches and management. He isn't as great as he used to be and unless some trade is made this year the playoffs are out

When he hurt himself on Christmas day the Lakers ad an 82% chance of making the playoffs. Today they have an 18% chance. IMO the only thing James has on his mind is preserving his legacy and Luke Walton or Magic Johnson be damned

8 for 1 !

Brad Turner
? @BA_Turner

Landed in Indy; update on Lakers-Pelicans talks. Magic Johnson, Dell Demps talked twice today, per source. Lakers willing to give Pelicans cap relief for Anthony Davis by taking Solomon Hill for Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma, Ingram, Rondo, Lance Stephenson, Beasley, 2 1st round picks.

4:36 AM - Feb 5, 2019

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-lakers-offering-lonzo-ball-205737825.html

That would beat Ainge's KG trade of 7 for 1. And I personally think the Pelicans would be seriously thinking about this. It's the whole LA bus, minus their 'star'.

Breaks my heart to think some or all of these young kids might get traded as well as more draft picks.

You're throwing out the baby with the bath water

Groin injuries are very serious and for LeBron to return at full throttle is a stretch

I still think they should do a straight up trade AD for LBJ but I am being whimsical even though I would love it to happen

I hate the way he manipulate players, coaches and management. He isn't as great as he used to be and unless some trade is made this year the playoffs are out

When he hurt himself on Christmas day the Lakers ad an 82% chance of making the playoffs. Today they have an 18% chance. IMO the only thing James has on his mind is preserving his legacy and Luke Walton or Magic Johnson be damned

I would feel the same way, Steve, re the young talents being possibly lost. What would LAL do with 2 star players (assuming it happens) after the trade deadline, pick up waived players as the rules allow on that after the TD. And I can't imagine Magic was given this task to do this, and if he indeed replaces Walton with Kidd, that would be the icing of a really bad cake.

Reactions: Steve Williams

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing