New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

And now it's off again...

By Chad Ford and Marc Stein
ESPN.com
Howard Off Trade Market?
Sources: Magic center Dwight Howard is no longer on the trade market.Tags: NBA, Dwight Howard, trade market, Chris Broussard

The Orlando Magic have begun informing teams that Dwight Howard is no longer on the trade market, two sources told ESPN.com.

The Magic have decided that none of the various offers they've received, most notably from the New Jersey Nets and Los Angeles Lakers, is worth executing, according to sources.

To avoid any more drama, the team is no longer taking calls on Howard, sources said.

Earlier Wednesday, ESPN.com reported that the Nets and Magic were in "serious talks" on a deal that would make Portland Trail Blazers swingman Gerald Wallace and Nets center Brook Lopez two of the main pieces Orlando would receive in exchange for Howard.

Chad Ford is an ESPN NBA Insider. Marc Stein is a senior NBA writer for ESPN.com.

wow it looks like he lost half a person

my feelings too, steve. it seems he was criticized in boston for lack of elevation. he might have that now...;)

According to this the Hornets got Gordon and Minny's #1

If so, with the league's help the Hornets did well.

Yeah, I read from cnnsi.com that CP3 goes to the Clippers who will in turn give up Eric Gordon, Kaman, Aminu, and Minny's #1. Hornets got a lot of goodies for 1 man. And it's high time somebody buys the Hornets from the League/Stern.

Too bad Vinny's not coaching the Wolves and Adelman the Clips

Clips got the pick in the Sam Cassell trade of some years ago.

After the 2004–05 season, the Timberwolves traded him and a conditional first-round pick to the Los Angeles Clippers in exchange for Marko Jaric and Lionel Chalmers.

Supposed to be a strong draft class coming up btw.

2012 is supposed to be the biggest in years

What are the chances that CP3 won't resign with the Clipps and sign with the Lakers or any other team for that matter. There is no way that the NBA could intervene at that point

What are the chances that CP3 won't resign with the Clipps and sign with the Lakers or any other team for that matter. There is no way that the NBA could intervene at that point

Yeah, I think the league cannot stop that. But I am guessing CP3 must be happy going to the Clips and join Blake for those 'lob and dunk' plays. If he is happy there, then I guess too that he will sign an extension, and the Clips GM will be pushing him to sign to play a few years there.

And the Bulls had added Rip. While Rip's play skidded in Detroit these past few years, he may still do a Grant Hill and perform well and help the Bulls, specially since he has playoff experience. The C's and the Lakers still have not added anyone significant. And the Lakers have hurt themselves by shipping Odom without getting a big name back. More bad news for C's is that Jeff Green failed his physical and has an undisclosed 'red flag' medical problem. Oh boy, the guy they got for a now-trimmed up Perkins.

Last edited:
It's high time that the Clippers 'get their act together'. In their history, they have drafted real good young talents like Danny Manning, Lamar Odom, Michael Olowojandi and even Elton Brand played for them. But they just couldn't produce a winning team and other rebuilding teams fared better than them through the years. I don't know if their problem is their owner. ;) At any rate, CP3 teaming with Blake Griffin promises to be a good tandem, maybe going after the Stockton and Malone pattern. Hopefully DeAndre Jordon will bloom, and they can still trade for a few seasoned veterans and who knows they will be a contender.

DeAndre Jordan (center), Blake Griffin & Caron Butler (forwards), CP3 and Chauncey (guards). Not bad if they can get some chemistry.

DeAndre Jordan (center), Blake Griffin & Caron Butler (forwards), CP3 and Chauncey (guards). Not bad if they can get some chemistry.

Oh yeah, I forgot Butler and Billups. Very good on paper. If they can get Phil Jackson to come back... ;)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu