New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

DeAndre Jordan (center), Blake Griffin & Caron Butler (forwards), CP3 and Chauncey (guards). Not bad if they can get some chemistry.

CP3 is a chemist. If Vinny is smart, he'll turn of the reins on that end and just coach defense. Vinny has far less imagination on O than CP.

so Kobe is a single man again and Celts lose Jeff Green for the season as he must undergo surgical repair of an aortic aneurysm (this would make me think about retiring).

Bad news again for the Celts. They didn't get any big guns in the free agency and to top it all lose a young back up for the season at least. Biggest problem is the C's do not have a reliable starting center yet. The C's won't be title contenders this year, imo.

Milwaukee 96 at Minnesota 117

Rubio impresses in debut for Timberwolves
By JON KRAWCZYNSKI, AP Sports Writer 9 hours, 27 minutes ago

MINNEAPOLIS (AP)—Ricky Rubio wowed an eager crowd with some slick passing in his NBA debut and Kevin Love had 21 points and 15 rebounds to lead the Minnesota Timberwolves to a 117-96 victory over the Milwaukee Bucks in their preseason opener on Saturday night.
Minnesota Timberwolves guard Ricky Rubio , left, drives past Milwaukee Bucks guard Shaun Livingston in the first half of an NBA preseason basketball game, Saturday, Dec. 17, 2011, in Minneapolis.
Minnesota Timberwolves guard R…
AP - Dec 17, 11:50 pm EST

Rubio had six points, seven assists and six rebounds in 23 minutes, eliciting chants of “Ole! Ole! Ole! Ole!” in the fourth quarter in homage to his Spanish roots. Michael Beasley scored 21 points and No. 2 overall pick Derrick Williams had 14 points for Minnesota in coach Rick Adelman’s debut.

Timberwolves looking good on paper. Love, Rubio, Beasley and Derrick Williams. Adelman needs a good defensive coach beside him though, if he hasn't hired one yet.

Adelman's the right guy for a passer of Rubio's caliber if he pans out.

Knicks added Baron Davis to their roster. If Baron stays healthy and contributes his average of around 13 points a game, that would be a plus for NY, now with Carmelo, Amare and Chandler, which is a very formidable frontline. D'Antoni now has to focus on how to create a strong defense among these guys and they will be hard to beat.

Watching the Clippers-Lakers pre season game now. I get a kick each time the announcer said 'Metta World Peace has the ball'. :)

Last edited:
Clips got a solid 'first 4' on their lineup in Billups, Paul, Butler and Blake. If only they get some center like Perkins they would be a complete team. Shannon Brown will be missed by the Lakers...

Niners doing great with another win. I did see a their game against the Ravens on Thanksgiving Night, Too bad they lost that one. But they are looking good. Hope they win another. I miss those Joe Montana days.

Lakers are a year older and slower. Barring a major trade, they will not make it to the Western Conf Finals.

Lakers are a year older and slower. Barring a major trade, they will not make it to the Western Conf Finals.

Being a Celtic fan, I should say the same thing about the C's and to add that the C's are even in worse state than the Lakers. Older, slower, plus no good center (unless JO shocks us), just lost a promising forward Green to heart surgery, and has a bench full of young untested players. The Knicks and the Clippers are big winners in these early trades and signings. Good to have new would-be contenders moving up. So far, the SA Spurs are in the same boat as the C's and the L's in the older and slower category.

Yep. Bulls & Heat in the East, Thunder and Mavs in the West. Injuries and trades are the only things that may change the identity of the conference finalists.

Just tuned in to the last few minutes of the Clippers/Lakers game with the Clips playing home white. Their fans are very much alive and why shouldn't they? Their hopes are up. Crowd seems to be divided between Clippers and Lakers fan. Can a person there be a fan of both? ;)

Hamilton looks good for the Bulls. In his first quarter, he had the speed to get out ahead of Rose on two fast breaks then finished, grabbed a rebound and threw a perfect full court outlet pass to Deng for a hoop, had two nice interior passes off drives for assists and hit a couple midrange jumpers. None of these thing could any of the other Bulls SGs do last year.

I think the Thunder can take out the Mavs too this year. Perkins losing 20lbs bodes well. Hard for me to see Kobe not getting the Lakers to the playoffs, but I think moving away from the triangle to a Mike Brown 'offense' will put more burden on him, more iso in a compressed season that already will be no help to older knees.

I think the sleeper fun team to watch will be the Wolves. Love, Rubio, Barea, Derrick Williams, Beasley (maybe) with Adelman coaching -- good ball movement + running.

If the Mavs face the Thunders in the West Finals, I'll still bet on the Mavs. The experience of Dirk, Kidd, Terry plus Coach Carlisle would weigh in against Durant, Westbrook and Coach Skiles. Not to mention the addition of a championship caliber player in Lamar Odom. The guy seems to be hungry all the time and gives his best though at times not that consistent game to game. Vince Carter may be their Stackhouse-like guy in the past, veteran who could chip in 8-10 key points as sub. And who's this 5'10" guy Jerome Randall? Filling the void left by Barea? ;)

Hi

From a Lakers' fan. Color me biased :)

... It sounds as if the Lakers are a weak team with "just" Kobe (one of the best ever), Pau Gasol (Likely of of the two best power forwards in the game) and Bynum one of the best centers in the game ... How many Superstars does a team need to win? .. Not many according to the Mavs, just one and a good supporting cast... So let's wait and see... I am not ready to anoint the Clippers or the Heat or the Knicks, NBA champions they need to prove it to me..
I would have loved to get Dwight Howard though :)

I would have loved to get Dwight Howard though

It's only over when the fat lady sings Frantz

You know I am an ardent Laker fan but sadly I am agreeing with Ron Party that unless the Lakers make a big trade they won't make the playoffs

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu