New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

I was watching and thought the Sixers were going to smoke the Mavs

Nonetheless the 76ers are a darn good team and could be a surprise in the east

i see that too, steve. the 76ers are now enjoying the fruits of the past rebuilding stages and now, with doug running the team and taking care of the young ones, the sixers's play have gone a level up.

i still feel dallas is the team to beat in the west. i hope they have a rematch with okc and i feel okc will give dallas a very good fight. but somehow, with this tweaked lineup of the mavs that now includes vince carter, delonte west and odom, i feel come may and june they will be as tough as they were last season. their engine is still dirk, and the guy is coasting along in his consistent play. and dallas has as deep a bench as they had last year. imagine, yi, who was a starter in milwaukee is just relegated to the 12th spot in the lineup.

anyone watching the Mavs v Knicks

End of 3, it's all Lin with 22 points and 8 assists but still 4 TO's

He brought them back to within 3 at the end of 3. Not only is he a very good basket ball player but given he has a lot to learn, I believe the Knicks scored an Ace with him signing for the minimum $600K. The big question is whether he'll stay cuz no surprise other teams would love to land him. Hint Mitch Kupchak ;)

anyone watching the Mavs v Knicks

End of 3, it's all Lin with 22 points and 8 assists but still 4 TO's

He brought them back to within 3 at the end of 3. Not only is he a very good basket ball player but given he has a lot to learn, I believe the Knicks scored an Ace with him signing for the minimum $600K. The big question is whether he'll stay cuz no surprise other teams would love to land him. Hint Mitch Kupchak ;)

Knicks win by seven!

How the hell did the Knicks manage to fit JR Smith into their salary cap? He's a great addition! Knicks have a lot of legs.

Amazing game and an amazing Cinderella story in sports in a long time

Lin brings them back to win 107-97

If this is 15 minutes of fame it has lasted several hours. His playing minutes are way up at the top of the league

Great kid. Great story. Imagine when Melo is back, the East will be far from forgone re Bulls Vs Heat

Amazing game and an amazing Cinderella story in sports in a long time

Lin brings them back to win 107-97

If this is 15 minutes of fame it has lasted several hours. His playing minutes are way up at the top of the league

Great kid. Great story. Imagine when Melo is back, the East will be far from forgone re Bulls Vs Heat

'Twill be interesting! I think as he begins to know the job is his, he'll also settle down and cut down on the TO. Now he has to work on his free throw shooting. It's in Shaq range.

Hard to watch basketball anymore, since Larry Bird left.

it's a different game now than it was then but agree about Bird but let's not forget Magic

Hey, I was a big Celtic's fan (well Bruins/Redsox, but maybe not a Redsox fan anymore after last year) LA/Boston games were some great rivalries. Yes, Johnson was a great player.

it's a different game now than it was then but agree about Bird but let's not forget Magic

Yes in many ways. It's definitely a guard oriented league now. But c'mon guys! We say that when every gen retires! There are some really outstanding players today too. You're going to see Kevin Durant break a lot of records before he retires. Think the same goes for Blake Griffin. And what about Derek Rose, Nowitzki, Paul, James, Anthony, Kobe, etc.? :)

What about this?

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7116977/nba-player-rankings-1

Yes in many ways. It's definitely a guard oriented league now. But c'mon guys! We say that when every gen retires! There are some really outstanding players today too. You're going to see Kevin Durant break a lot of records before he retires. Think the same goes for Blake Griffin. And what about Derek Rose, Nowitzki, Paul, James, Anthony, Kobe, etc.? :)

What about this?

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7116977/nba-player-rankings-1

Kobe at # 7!!??? That's what irks me about ESPN these days .. I do however think That Lebron is #1 forllowed by Kobe, Howard and Dwayne Wade

The Knicks are making it very interesting for the year .. They are peaking and I would like Melo to come right now ... Too late and the chemistry to win Chmpionship won't be there .. Heneeds to find pace and flow with Lin .. Interesting season ..

Knicks win by seven!

How the hell did the Knicks manage to fit JR Smith into their salary cap? He's a great addition! Knicks have a lot of legs.

I think JR came back from a stint in China and should have signed a veteran's minimum with NY, with thoughts of winning a title in the Big Apple.

Hey, I was a big Celtic's fan (well Bruins/Redsox, but maybe not a Redsox fan anymore after last year) LA/Boston games were some great rivalries. Yes, Johnson was a great player.

Hi Wasatch,

I'm a big Celtic fan myself and I missed those great games in the Bird era. At least they won on in 2008. :)

I think JR came back from a stint in China and should have signed a veteran's minimum with NY, with thoughts of winning a title in the Big Apple.

Think he signed to a mid-level cap exemption but not positive.

Hi Wasatch,

I'm a big Celtic fan myself and I missed those great games in the Bird era. At least they won on in 2008. :)

Cool. I miss those days, lol

Amazing how this Linsanity has even driven a word war between Taiwan and China who both now want to 'claim' him for his 'roots'. :D And I read too that Lin's relative in Taipeh are being hounded by media there amidst privacy and security concerns.

And what do we have here, Boston and NY are fighting for the 7th & 8th playoff spot, if the season would end today.

Last edited:
If that were the case Phil, for sheer enjoyment I would have to go with the Knicks (not because you're a Celts fan) because of how Linfused the game is with him in

Yeah, Steve. The C's are poised for rebuilding. Too many oldies and injuries plaqued them the last 3 years. I would like to see another serious banger to the Heat and the Bull's position up there - and I like the Knicks' chances now. And I like Melo even when he was a Nugget and I'd like to see him win something big. As for Lin, the guy is now a real thing, and I think he needs to find a good agent to up his salary come next season. :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu