New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Too early to tell. Let's see how he fares when defenses start adjusting to his play. There is no doubt he has talent but in this days of powerful computer, cheap storage, high defintion and widely available statistics software, the other teams are going to analyze his plays, his tendencies and his weaknesses then we will know how good he really is .. So far, very good

I don't know Frantz. I watched him get 20 tonight to lead the Knicks and edge out the Wolves

And yes he is fast and deceptive to the basket

As I sit here watching the Blazers vs Mavs in double OT I again have to wonder what Mitch Kupchak was thinking when he traded Lamar

I also noticed an Asian player on the Mavs bench

Isn't that Yi? He was the number one pick by the Bucks and has bounced around the league since.

Or maybe even a slow point guard without hops still can drive the paint with ease against the slow footed sieve of a defense the Lakers possess. Seriously, name one quick footed player on the Lakers who actually gets any minutes.

That's for sure. Lin blew by Fisher whenever he wanted to. Left Fisher flatfooted on one spin move. OTOH, Lin is fast and penetrates defenses, yet can hit the jump shot. Deadly combo. Also is a smart player though will need to cut down on his TO and improve his FT%. Don't know what that number was tonight but had six vs the Lakers. Way to much for a PG. Also PG is going to get fouled so he better shoot better from the charity stripe!

I don't know Frantz. I watched him get 20 tonight to lead the Knicks and edge out the Wolves

And yes he is fast and deceptive to the basket

Seems to have a great first step.

The other thing is that he had a great college coach at Harvard in Tommy Ammaker!

That's 7 foot Yi, star small forward of the Chinese National Team and formerly with the Bucks and Nets.

5 games and 5 wins for New York since Lin made his presence felt. And suddenly NY is close to .500. He's not just a sparkplug but a gas pedal now. And let's see if Melo and Amare's return will make them stronger. I can see the NY fans cheering like they're in a frenzy these days. Lin has fire and emotion, something I rarely or never see in the mainland Chinese NBA players.

5 games and 5 wins for New York since Lin made his presence felt. And suddenly NY is close to .500. He's not just a sparkplug but a gas pedal now. And let's see if Melo and Amare's return will make them stronger. I can see the NY fans cheering like they're in a frenzy these days. Lin has fire and emotion, something I rarely or never see in the mainland Chinese NBA players.

whatever it is, IMO he is a great catalyst to spark the game in an otherwise strike shortened season

As I watched the Lakers play the Raptors today, I thought after the 1st period with the Lakers ahead by 18 that the Lakes were back in old form. How wrong was I. The Lakers were out classed, out played and out hustled by the Raptors especially Calderon. The raptors won the next 3 periods but the Lakers squeezed out a win when Raptors blew a 5 second throw in from the sidelines with the Lakers up by one

Final 94-92 Lakers

Ron is so right when he talks about their lack of speed and finesse and man do they need a PG and someone to replace Odom otherwise IF they make the playoffs IMO they will be lucky to get out of the first round

Anyone believe the Lakers will pick up Arenas. Kobe apparently is for the deal

His recent injuries could be a worry for the Lakers. And his last stint with ORL is not that impressive, not like his days with the Wizards. But if can stay healthy, he'll be good for about 8-10 points a game.

The lakers need a PG .. Arenas is the kind of player who could have been good. This level of game (NBA, NFL, Major leagues Baseball, NHL) requires a mental toughness. focus and/or discipline that Arenas seems to lack. I am not sure he will ever be the player he was with the Wizards... What would he bring to the Lakers? Not much except a few points here and there .. Seems the Lakers Front Office needs to think hard and fast before Kobe is no longer the supreme player he presently is. The team is at best mediocre...

Well, being a GM is not that easy. To fix a team at the beginning of the season and during the season. One has to deal with team chemistry and emotions, of dealing out players like goods on ebay. Then there is the salary cap and all the complexities of NBA rules on exceptions and whatever small print there is. I can think of Boston, LAL, and San Antonio in this regard, with players that are not young and hard to trade, and franchise players that you don't wanna trade. That's where the GM gets his hands tied up. Dumars did a good job in the Detroit run towards the title in 2004 but that was it. Ainge did the trick too once in '08 and now is basically looking at a stone wall. Kupchak, ditto. Contrast that with other teams with loaded stars like Heat with James, Wade and Bosh; OKC with Durant and Westbrook, these younger teams have yet to win the big event and make their GMs look good.

6th game of Lin and he has 19 points with 5 minutes left game hanging on the line. I read some businessman is applying to TM 'Linsanity'. Oh boy.

And Lin hits the game winning shot. 27 points. Lincredible. :D NY fans must be in heaven. Just winning a Super Bowl and now this newly unearthed phenom. 23 teams missed him, and for a salary that is like pennies compared to their 'all-stars'.

And Lin hits the game winning shot. 27 points. Lincredible. :D NY fans must be in heaven. Just winning a Super Bowl and now this newly unearthed phenom. 23 teams missed him, and for a salary that is like pennies compared to their 'all-stars'.

Not for long .. If he continues to be that good they better offer more much more and quickly... The interesting thing is that it makes NY more attractive for other players.. If NY finds a decent real center .. The league better beware, the East better beware.. What the Giants did in the Superbowl is not limited to the NFL.. When a team peaks at the right moment it becomes very, very dangerous... The Knicks with Linsanity have that potential right now .. They need someone to solidify their middle though it is vacuous from a defense standpoint. Come playoff time the game will be played more in the middle than the regular season...

Give the scout who spotted Lin a big fat bonus.

Not for long .. If he continues to be that good they better offer more much more and quickly... The interesting thing is that it makes NY more attractive for other players.. If NY finds a decent real center .. The league better beware, the East better beware.. What the Giants did in the Superbowl is not limited to the NFL.. When a team peaks at the right moment it becomes very, very dangerous... The Knicks with Linsanity have that potential right now .. They need someone to solidify their middle though it is vacuous from a defense standpoint. Come playoff time the game will be played more in the middle than the regular season...

Actually Lin through the pecularities of how the Knicks obtained him, can become a free agent at the end of the season--and the Knicks are hamstrung by the salary cap and the elimination of certain cap exemptions. So Lin could be playing elsewhere next year.

BTW, I assume you're talking about the Giants, not the Knicks, center. Chandler is perfect for the Knicks IMHO.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu