New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

and gasol played like he didn't like to be traded away. big game plus crucial block on the last second.

The way Rondo slips between players to go to the basket is always impressive

Trading deadline ~4 weeks away

yeah, the kid can slash and penetrate. i would question seriously ainge's gm skills if he makes this trade. he not only will ruin the chemistry as he did with the perkins trade but will actually ruin the basic position play of the C's. boston practically does not have a stable backup point guard now.

Ha ha....Lin has already put 18 on the board against the Lakers :) Who wooda thunk? In D-Ball one week and looking like going have his fourth 20 pt game in a row. And his salary for the year is now guaranteed :) All 600K of it ;) Still it's probably better than any job he could have landed out of Harvard :D

Ha ha....Lin has already put 18 on the board against the Lakers :) Who wooda thunk? In D-Ball one week and looking like going have his fourth 20 pt game in a row. And his salary for the year is now guaranteed :) All 600K of it ;) Still it's probably better than any job he could have landed out of Harvard :D

haha..unless he invents a new social network, maybe in 3-D. :D

haha..unless he invents a new social network, maybe in 3-D. :D

I was wondering if Artest changed his name so he can have two lines in the box score????

27 pts at the end of the third quarter.

it's a bit early, but lin's prodigious output these past 2 weeks might make him the most meaningful nba player of chinese descent, which includes bateer, wang, yao and yi, who kinda typify the mainland china ball. lin daredevil play looks exciting considering his lean build and 6'3" height. golden state's loss, but then again, gs has many good guards already.

Lakers had an Asian player a few years ago but his name escapes me

Sun Yue. 6-9 guard from mainland China. The thing about the mainland players are they tend to be stiff in their movements, not like the US bred players, where basketball skills are very flexible and free-style. I never enjoy watching mainland basketball tournaments. I must have seen this Sun Yue player only once in LA and I almost forgot he existed had you not brought him up, Steve.

Lin's performance that led to NY's win was even without Melo and Amare. Maybe the D-league did some good to Lin's confidence.:)

Or maybe even a slow point guard without hops still can drive the paint with ease against the slow footed sieve of a defense the Lakers possess. Seriously, name one quick footed player on the Lakers who actually gets any minutes.

Too early to tell. Let's see how he fares when defenses start adjusting to his play. There is no doubt he has talent but in this days of powerful computer, cheap storage, high defintion and widely available statistics software, the other teams are going to analyze his plays, his tendencies and his weaknesses then we will know how good he really is .. So far, very good

Now they're calling it 'Linsanity'. :D He's showing shades of a daredevil Manu Ginobili type of play. And man, I didn't know he possesses a 3 point range. And what he has definitely now is confidence. With a coach like D'Antoni, shoot out at OK Coral is the name of the game, and Lin fits well in this kind of atmosphere, it seems.

Too early to tell. Let's see how he fares when defenses start adjusting to his play. There is no doubt he has talent but in this days of powerful computer, cheap storage, high defintion and widely available statistics software, the other teams are going to analyze his plays, his tendencies and his weaknesses then we will know how good he really is .. So far, very good

Totally agree with you here which is why the return of Amare and Melo can only help his development as defenses slack on him to cover the two superstars. Besides, it seems he's also a good passer and if he can consistently create plays for his teammates and sow cohesion to the Knicks individualistic offense, he'd have earned his minutes as a starting point guard in the NBA, a distinction that still escapes players with Asian pedigree.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu