New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Anyone see the end of the Bulls-Heat game. Bulls down 1 with Rose at the line and misses both free throws. LBJ gets fouled and misses both. Score still 94-93. Chalmers makes 1 of 2. Scvore 95-93

Rose is given the ball for final play and blows the shot.

Final Heat 97 Bulls 93

Yep, crazy finish. And that inadvertent whistle couldn't have been at a worse time.

Read the Jack Ramsay, who was covering the game for ESPN radio, said that Rose was the best penetrator he's ever seen.

OKC just got walloped by the Clippers. I sense a lack of toughness on OKC's games against strong teams. Dallas, on the other hand, after losing so many games at the beginning has toughened up and now is leading their division. That's the kind of team, Dallas, that I'd expect to give anyone a hard time come June. Vince seems to be blending in these days. Check out his behind the waist shot plus foul. The Mavs will be tough to beat if he plays like this in the playoffs.

I thought Mike Brown was an incredibly unimaginative coach with the Cavs. What's the word on him among LA fans and writers?

This is got to be the most powerful dunk that I have ever seen, just from last night's game. Goodness.

Last edited:
kobe3.jpg

kobe1.jpg

Somebody posted these pics on Celticlife.com though I am not sure if they are authentic as Kobe looked like the Kobe of only a few years ago; though the fact was in1996 when Boston had the 6th pick and could have chosen Kobe who ended up being drafted at number 13 by the Charlotte Hornets who in turn had a pre-arranged deal to trade this draft (Kobe) to the Lakers for Vlade Divac. ML Carr wasn't a Jerry West, these pics would prove. Had Carr picked Kobe at the 6th spot instead of Antoine Walker, Kobe would probably still be a Celtic to this day, and the C's would have had 20 banners. :) Oh Life...

Last edited:
kobe3.jpg

kobe1.jpg

Somebody posted these pics on Celticlife.com though I am not sure if they are authentic as Kobe looked like the Kobe of only a few years ago; though the fact was in1996 when Boston had the 6th pick and could have chosen Kobe who ended up being drafted at number 13 by the Charlotte Hornets who in turn had a pre-arranged deal to trade this draft (Kobe) to the Lakers for Vlade Divac. ML Carr wasn't a Jerry West, these pics would prove. Had Carr picked Kobe at the 6th spot instead of Antoine Walker, Kobe would probably still be a Celtic to this day, and the C's would have had 20 banners. :) Oh Life...

:D ...Got to meet you IRL and have some games together Man! Could be swinging by Asia this summer ...

:D ...Got to meet you IRL and have some games together Man! Could be swinging by Asia this summer ...

That would be cool if you get to visit our country. I've retired myself a few years after college, though. LOL Haven't played real ball in decades, only some shoot-around. :)

that game wasn't featured here but as i read, the sixers won are proving to be real tough opponents for the elite teams. the rebuilding of the sixers is moving on well.

Not sure about you guys but I have been very impressed with the play of Andrew Bynum, so much so that I would put him right up there beside Dwight Howard. In fact he's a better FT shooter than Howard. I say this only because with the recent trade rumors re Chris Paul and then Dwight Howard to the Lakers that Bynum has risen to the occasion and shown himself to be a true Laker

There is no doubt in my mind that unless the Lakers make a trade before the deadline for a point guard or someone to help Kobe, they won't make it out of the first round of the playoffs if, indeed they even make the playoffs

I like this new kid Goudelock. He shows some real bursts and can shoot, including making 3 pointers

i personally have reservations about the hype dwight howard gets. true, he's a great center, can score points, but i still see him as an unreliable go-to guy when you're down by one with 5 seconds to go. i too feel that a howard for bynum trade is not really that advantageous to the lakers. bynum's long arms is his big plus. like the mchale of old when he would stretch those long arms for a rebound and a short pop shot. good fg percentage too. lakers need a younger pg and a 6th man. seems like the loss of odom is showing.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu