New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

What a blow to the Clipps with Billups out with season ending injury (achilles) and possibly career ending

devastating for the clippers indeed. what a loss.

i personally have reservations about the hype dwight howard gets. true, he's a great center, can score points, but i still see him as an unreliable go-to guy when you're down by one with 5 seconds to go. i too feel that a howard for bynum trade is not really that advantageous to the lakers. bynum's long arms is his big plus. like the mchale of old when he would stretch those long arms for a rebound and a short pop shot. good fg percentage too. lakers need a younger pg and a 6th man. seems like the loss of odom is showing.
I would trade Bynum for Howard in a heartbeat. I'd throw Gasol in as well if that's what it took.

Lakers need a PG, but just as important is that they need team speed. They are the slowest team in the league. It bears its ugly head on defense, and neither Bynum nor Gasol can defend against the pick and roll. No matter how much they try to work with Bynum on that deficiency, he never will be able to properly defend against the pick and roll. He lacks the lateral mobility and foot speed. The NBA is increasingly becoming a point guard dominated league and a team must be able to defend against it. The Lakers not only need a PG, they need a legitimate small forward, i.e., one who can defend (which necessarily means quick foot speed and reaction time) and who can create his own shot. They also need someone who can come off the bench and provide instant offense. The long and short of it is the Lakers have numerous deficiencies. Unless they can lure both Howard and D. Will., the Lakers will not return to the championships for many, many years (and, most likely, not until well after Kobe retires).

Just read an article about one Jeremy Lin helping NY in the point guard position. Harvard player who was even sent to the D-league and yesterday scored 28 points against Utah. NY's prayers might be answered.

I would trade Bynum for Howard in a heartbeat. I'd throw Gasol in as well if that's what it took.

Lakers need a PG, but just as important is that they need team speed. They are the slowest team in the league. It bears its ugly head on defense, and neither Bynum nor Gasol can defend against the pick and roll. No matter how much they try to work with Bynum on that deficiency, he never will be able to properly defend against the pick and roll. He lacks the lateral mobility and foot speed. The NBA is increasingly becoming a point guard dominated league and a team must be able to defend against it. The Lakers not only need a PG, they need a legitimate small forward, i.e., one who can defend (which necessarily means quick foot speed and reaction time) and who can create his own shot. They also need someone who can come off the bench and provide instant offense. The long and short of it is the Lakers have numerous deficiencies. Unless they can lure both Howard and D. Will., the Lakers will not return to the championships for many, many years (and, most likely, not until well after Kobe retires).

Ron

you should be a coach or a sports writer cuz you're right on. Gasol IMO has peaked and is soft on D

Who is D.Will

Hi
\
I wouldn't mind the kid at all ... For some (obscure) reasons , Ainge doesn't like him and it shows . This guy Rondo has an immense Basketball IQ is feisty and handle the ball extremely well .. He is a poor shooter, so what? He rebounds , he dishes passes, penetrates.. Drop him in the Lakers lineup right now and see the Lakers what would happen. I doubt however that the Celtics will deal straight with the Lakers however .. what is sure is that Rondo won't be a Celtics for long . The team who acquires him will get a great point Guard.

Hi
\
I wouldn't mind the kid at all ... For some (obscure) reasons , Ainge doesn't like him and it shows . This guy Rondo has an immense Basketball IQ is feisty and handle the ball extremely well .. He is a poor shooter, so what? He rebounds , he dishes passes, penetrates.. Drop him in the Lakers lineup right now and see the Lakers what would happen. I doubt however that the Celtics will deal straight with the Lakers however .. what is sure is that Rondo won't be a Celtics for long . The team who acquires him will get a great point Guard.

I agree Frantz. He would be a sure catalyst for the Lakers

I guess the Celts are stinging having given up Perkins to OKC

and boston is playing l.a. tonight....

Perfect time for a trade . Do it before the game though and have Rondo a Laker.

But you get Gasol Phil :)

My only problem with him is he is very soft on D and rarely attacks the basket. Why do you have a 7 footer making outside jumpers

yeah steve, we get gasol if the trade pushes through. initially, that seems like a good and fair trade to me. but where gasol fits, i cannot see clearly. he would be starting with garnett on the forward positions while jermaine plays center. pierce and allen plays guard positions. that looks strange to me. and definitely, rondo running the show for la is really a good thing. young and assist minded, perfect for those lob plays to bynum and even kobe.

Perfect time for a trade . Do it before the game though and have Rondo a Laker.

But you get Gasol Phil :)

My only problem with him is he is very soft on D and rarely attacks the basket. Why do you have a 7 footer making outside jumpers
Of course that essentially sums up the offensive game of Dirk & K.G. Dirk is a far better shooter, of course, and occasionally drives through the paint (but much less than does Gasol), and K.G. was a much better defensive player.

those 2 years that l.a. won the title, i felt gasol played his best. those time he was effective mostly as a scrappy big man, hungry for loose balls, and putting in the follow up shots. his outside shooting, 3 feet or more, i noticed has deteriorated these last 2 years and his energy seems to have waned too. oh, well, i'd still prefer keeping rondo. boston threw away a young chauncey billups for a seasoned kenny anderson back in the pitino days, and chauncey developed into a very well poised guard en route to winning a title in detroit. the loss of perkins was aggravated by the fact that the 2 players to took in are totally gone - krystic and jeff green.

I still don't understand the Perkins trade. As for Gasol, he may need a change of scenery to revive his carreer... Heck the way LA is playing right now they need an infusion of new players.. I would trade the whole team but Kobe and Bynum ... Give up the year and rebuild around these 2 . I believe Kobe has one or two more years to give at an elevated level

from what i read, perkins was to become a free agent at the end of the season before the trade. ainge offered him an extension but apparently perk did not want to sign and want to test the free agency market after the season. so ainge chose to trade him mid season than lose him for nothing at the end of the season. it's only a year later that it turns out that ainge really got nothing in trading away perk when green was diagnosed with a heart problem. oh well, chalk that up as another bummer dating back from the len bias, reggie lewis loss.

boston has a good team here as far as roles are concerned. they just have to step up a little and be consistently fluid on offense and stingy on defense. i will be baffled if rondo gets traded away to any team.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu