New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Zion went 8-18. I can't believe he missed 10 shots.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I thought last night's game was one of the best of the year to watch.. Zion on LeBron was terrific as Zion drove hard in the lane against LeBron and was able to draw a few fouls.

I think the Pels are a terrific team with great potential and now with Zion finally in the lineup the Pels are winning and are in th 10 spot only 3.5 games out of the 8th and final playoff spot. Can they do it? If so it will be a good series against the Lakers

Reactions: christoph and jadis

Steve Williams

Lakers, Dion Waiters reportedly to talk March 2

It has always been easy to connect the dots that would bring Dion Waiters to the Lakers. Waiters’ former agent is Rob Pelinka, who is now the Lakers’ GM. Waiters’ current agent is Rich Paul, who reps both LeBron James and Anthony Davis. That gets your foot in the door.

After Memphis bought out Waiters, it was rumored he and the Lakers would talk. That is now set to happen on March 2, next week, something Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports reported Tuesday night on TNT during the Lakers win against New Orleans.

The Lakers have been active in the buyout market — they signed Markieff Morris, who made his debut for the team Tuesday night — looking to add playmaking and shooting. Waiters can shoot — 37.7 percent from three last season and 38.6 percent on catch-and-shoot threes — but is not much of a playmaker (he can put the ball on the floor but only to create for himself). The Lakers need to decide if he’s a fit, they have Avery Bradley and Kentavious Caldwell-Pope at the two-guard spot already. Waiters has played a fair amount at the point in Miami, but he’s not the kind of playmaker the Lakers are seeking to go with Rajon Rondo.

Waiters clashed with coaches and management in Miami, but with a strong, LeBron-led locker room culture the Lakers aren’t worried about that impact.

Waiters is available because Miami used his salary to balance out the money in the Justise Winslow to Memphis/Andre Iguodala trade. Memphis did not want a distraction, plus they are deep at the two-guard spot with the just extended Dillon Brooks, De'Anthony Melton, and Grayson Allen. So the Grizzlies waived Waiters, as was expected.

The only question is does he upgrade the Lakers roster?

What we do know is he has the connections to at least get in the building and make his case.

Reactions: christoph

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
I hate to see the Lakers lose but they better pay attention to the Pels as they could be facing them in the first round and all bets would be off

This is where I disagree with you, Steve.
During the regular season, almost any team can and some even have beaten the Lakers in one game, but certainly not in a best of 7 series!
So far they have been the most consistant team, at least in the Western Conference, by far :eek:

You tend to be overmodest when it comes to the chances of your Lakers ;)

Steve Williams

This is where I disagree with you, Steve.
During the regular season, almost any team can and some even have beaten the Lakers in one game, but certainly not in a best of 7 series!
So far they have been the most consistant team, at least in the Western Conference, by far :eek:

You tend to be overmodest when it comes to the chances of your Lakers ;)
I do tend to underestimate them as I still don't think they can beat the Bucks in a game series. The Pels really gave the Lakers a scare last night IMO. Zion is the real deal

Steve Williams

Reactions: christoph and jadis

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
We are back from the game in Phoenix and I am happy to report that the Clippers beat the Suns 102-92.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Steve Ballmer was at the game - we had better seats than him. ;)

Found out that we were two rows behind Robert Sarver, the Suns owner, when the security guard who was posted near us kept walking down a section before he took up his position on the court during game breaks.

He said Sarver didn't like any security guards walking by his seat so he had to take the long way around.

Reactions: jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The Clippers have good time left to jell. The first 5 is formidable even with Zubac at 5, they can easily put the monster there anytime. Marcus is definitely a battle weary warrior at 4, and KL and PG can do their stuffs, as well as Beverly. Off the bench will see the microwaves of Lou and Reggie and even Shamet (with a Barea killer shot role maybe). As Christoph and I would wish, just demolish LeBron in the West and we're OK. :D

Reactions: WLVCA and christoph

Steve Williams

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Steve Williams

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Something is very wrong with the Adam Silver era.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
That’s absolute bogus. Clipps can do it with Kawhi and call it load management and no big deal.

That's interesting. Wonder how the NBA can justify that. Lots of teams are doing more load management now but Kawhi is the king of it.

Superstars get away with more it looks like.

Perhaps it is a warning shot to other teams.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing