New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Didn't you wonder with all the coaches out there, Brown was the best choice? Or was it an example of the Lakers trying to cut costs?

I thought Brian Shaw was my best choice

the "get rid of Mike Brown" voices are raising up as is a call to "return to the triangle"

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/03/08/pjax-is-not-walking-through-the-door/?ls=iref:nbahpt2

Mike Brown hiring was strange... When one pauses and thinks the thing that has most changed in the Lakers who won the ring is the coach .. The team is essentially the same ... Management is the same ..True, players have aged but not to the extent of such dysfunction... Bring Bryan Shaw give him the chance to show his stuff. I believe he deserves at least that much...

Mavs lose again 2/8 in their last 10 and 0/3 this week. Number 8 in the west with Minn breathing down their backs

So much for the Knicks....drop fifth in a row to Sixers :( Amare and Carmelo are lost in space.

How did Lin Play?

Let's put it this way: Car-Mellow didn't score for three quarters. If he doesn't produce, the Knicks can forget it.

Lakers sqeek out a 3 point win with Allen missing at the buzzer. They were lucky having dropped a 15 point lead with many lead changes

Phil, you must have been on the edge of your seat watching this one

Lakers sqeek out a 3 point win with Allen missing at the buzzer. They were lucky having dropped a 15 point lead with many lead changes

Phil, you must have been on the edge of your seat watching this one

Yeah, Steve. I caught the 4th quarter as it was like 5am local time. I heard C's came back from 15 down and I felt it was a hard fought game where everyone gave their all. The fans got their money's worth and I thought Kobe is still the main money man for the Lakers as he drained clutch buckets down the last few minutes. Taking over. The problem for both teams though in this league is age, speed, and lack of depth.

I was just thinking the Knicks ought to learn and play the Sixers' type of defense. Doug Collins has formed a great D ala Heat and the 08 Celtics. Knicks need to get back to the 90s Riley era sort of D. I hate to repeat it, their coach is just not cut out for a solid D. I would have wanted to see a strong, competing Knicks this season.

Last edited:
And I've been waiting the last week for big trades but so far none.

This one could be BIG if it happens.

Report: Bulls ‘Could Offer’ Luol Deng, Carlos Boozer In Dwight Howard Blockbuster
Carlos Boozer, Chicago Bulls, Dwight Howard, Luol Deng, NBA, Orlando Magic |

With the NBA trade deadline approaching, the Los Angeles Lakers, New Jersey Nets and Dallas Mavericks remain the leading candidates to pry Dwight Howard away from the Orlando Magic in the next four days. But according to Ken Berger of CBS, the Magic have been unimpressed with those three teams’ offers and are beginning to consider other trade options — most notably, a blockbuster with the Chicago Bulls.

Berger reports that Chicago “could offer” Omer Asik, Luol Deng and Carlos Boozer for Howard and Hedo Turkoglu. The Bulls also own a Charlotte Bobcats draft pick that could be used to sweeten the pot.

The big hangup, of course, is that Chicago is not on Howard’s uber-exclusive list of landing spots where he’d sign an extension, and the Bulls are obviously thus reluctant to dismantle their team for him. Sources tell Berger that Chicago and Orlando have spoken, but there’s “no type of serious discussions” going on.

Nevertheless, this blockbuster possibility is something to keep an eye on in the coming days — if nothing else, it raises the stakes and forces the three frontrunners to up their offers for the superstar big man.

The trade deadline is at 3 p.m. Eastern on Thursday.

http://tracking.si.com/2012/03/12/r...-in-dwight-howard-blockbuster/?sct=nba_t2_a16

Bad break for Minny and fans in general, Rubio's out for the year with a torn ACL. His tremendous feel for the game was fun to watch.

Bad break for Minny and fans in general, Rubio's out for the year with a torn ACL. His tremendous feel for the game was fun to watch.

And with all due respect to Jeremy Lin fans, in a different class altogether, simply a natural pure point guard. He's got that natural instinct of pass first, shoot later of old school point guards.

Injuries are a real killer in pro sports. Rubio's ACL injury was the same Perkins had in Game 6 of the '09 Finals. Lucky are the greats who were able to escape major injuries in their careers, like Kareem and MJ, to name a few.

two days to go

Any bets where Dwight will sign? In fact the Magic are doing everything to re-sign him including saying he can get rid of the coach and GM at the end of the season if he doesn't like them

SVG is a good coach but such is the NBA world these days. Otis Smith would not be missed however.

Pretty much the only request they won't grant Dwight is getting rid of Disneyworld.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu