New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

And now Howard says he'd like to stay with the Magic, and win a title. Hmmmm....

or go the way of Patrick Ewing and never win an NBA championship ... We shall see

If he is hell bent on the Nets, he'd be a fool to demand a trade now. Instead just walk at season's end and sign with the Nets. This way the Nets do not have to give up anything in trade, i.e., they can keep Brook Lopez or use him as trade bait.

If he is hell bent on the Nets, he'd be a fool to demand a trade now. Instead just walk at season's end and sign with the Nets. This way the Nets do not have to give up anything in trade, i.e., they can keep Brook Lopez or use him as trade bait.

According to the report, Howard is under contract for next year, with an opt out clause this year. He reportedly won't invoke that opt out clause so he could be with the Magic next year.

Agreed. That's his best bet. Nets has most to gain if that happens, and Magic loses him and get nothing like the Shaq case (a repeat), or the Lebron case in Cleveland. It would be better for the Magic to trade him now and get a few players back, but that destination team has to agree with Howard to sign at least a mid term contract.

According to the report, Howard is under contract for next year, with an opt out clause this year. He reportedly won't invoke that opt out clause so he could be with the Magic next year.

The ball is in his hands, really. Depends on what is mood for the day is. He can wake up and change his mind as he pleases - depending on HOW his team is doing, in the playoffs or even the Finals if they get there. If ORL actually wins the title this year, I would bet he won't opt out. So many factors to change his mind. The luxury is his. Hope he just doesn't call ESPN to do a THE DECISION PART II. :D

NY up by 29 over Portland with 6 min left.

FINAL: a 42 point win after D'Antoni leaves. Emphatic.

Last edited:
Last edited:
yeah, supposedly to refine or improve howard. ewing is one great center who didn't in a title. :(

I think he has. Howard was raw he's become arguaably the best pure center in the league... Ewing was a pure center with extremely good fundamental and great work ethics. As for centers Bynum is somewhat of puzzle.. he has the talent but seem to lack that last ounce of fundamentals to make of him a great center.. mind you he's good but not the type of game changer Howard presently is. He seems to be a few millimeters from greatness .. Durability (Weak knees) tend to break his apprenticeship ...
Still on the Lakers front I heard on espn tht the Lakers rejected a Rondo for Gasol trade. I would have liked it but I actually like Gasol a lot and think that if he gets his mind back in the game he can be the best power forward in the league .. The more I look at the lakers the more I am lost .. They are not that bad, bynum and gasol are very difficult even impossibe to defend for most teams, Kobe is his usual excellent .. Metta is playing poorly though. It seems the Mental is shot, the loss of Odom is felt in the team chemistry and the trade rumors and other stuffs are affecting Gasol play ... They may need point guard but it doesn't need to be a superstar . I wouldn't mind a kid like Sheldon or a return to the Triangle thereby making of a point guard less glaring.. I am not sure it all a "speed" thing .. Some team were slumbering with basically no speed but would simply kill you in a half court game (80's Celtics for example) .. True the league is a PG league but when come playoff time slow can still burn the speedsters and the Lakers are not that slow ...

Question is can they keep it up? Portland's another team that's underachieving considering how well they performed in the playoffs last year. If I'm not mistaken, they had the Mavs down 2-1.

Last edited:
Question is can they keep it up?

i would like to believe they can. knicks have good material. if you tell me boston can have 2 or 3 of their starters, i'd be happy. :) they just need to jell and play offense and defense within a good set system, which can only come with a great coach in the mold of phil jackson, pat riley, among others. look at what riley did to the 90s knicks with starks, mason, oakley, ewing, et al. interestingly, riley was known for showtime offense but with that knicks team, a choking defense was their trademark play. amare, melo, chandler all came from different teams under different systems. they need to have a superior coach to play what they are capable of playing. hopefully, woodson can do a better job.

I would be surprised to see Lakers make a move before trade line

me too, steve. by and large, they are cohesive, specially these past few games after the all-star game. down the line though, the stamina factor will weigh in. can their first 5 play 40 plus minutes a game? when they rest, who will keep them up? championship teams always have 2 or 3 guys off the bench who can help the team keep and defend a lead. last season, i felt miami and chicago's benches did not produce consistently. dallas' did. and they won.

Mmm, wonder if Phil Jackson can still work miracles?

i doubt at this point he would enter the fray. and if he still has the fire and energy to holler at the players at practice and gametime. i'm sure his patented 2 finger whistle still works fine. :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu