New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Still no big trades with 2 days left till trade deadline. Boston and LAL seem to be getting some of its chemistry back so a big trade there might actually be a bad thing. All eyes of Howard. NJ seems to be his desired destination, but the GMs need to burn the midnight oil fast.

two days to go

Any bets where Dwight will sign? In fact the Magic are doing everything to re-sign him including saying he can get rid of the coach and GM at the end of the season if he doesn't like them

WTF? And what if after a year, he gets into a spat with his new coach. History too???? Pretty soon every superstar will bring their own coach with them. Ridiculous.

WTF? And what if after a year, he gets into a spat with his new coach. History too???? Pretty soon every superstar will bring their own coach with them. Ridiculous.

Greed... I can understand the demand for a better supporting cast but just getting rid of a good coach to accommodate a player, who albeit good is no MJ, Kobe, Magic or Bird, the kind of Payer you see once in a lifetime, doesn't seem to me like a great recipe to sell tickets...

Greed... I can understand the demand for a better supporting cast but just getting rid of a good coach to accommodate a player, who albeit good is no MJ, Kobe, Magic or Bird, the kind of Payer you see once in a lifetime, doesn't seem to me like a great recipe to sell tickets...

Plus it casts Howard in a bad light! Do you think the Magic thought they'd keep this under wraps?

Wow Kwame Brown is still in the NBA? :)? :( One of the biggest stiffs this side of Eddy Curry. Wonder if he has an expiring contract?

And on top of my head, one of the the top draft busts in the NBA. In this list, he was in the top 10, and I'm not surprised. :D And interesting to see who the drafting team would have drafted instead of them. Like Kwame was No.1 and Pau Gasol was No. 3.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/nba-draft-biggest-draft-busts-gallery-1.60176

Funny thing is, Kwame Brown was playing absolutely phenomenal for the W's before he tore his pectoral. Udoh had been playing very well too. Now we get to watch Biedrins, the sorriest excuse for a basketball player in the entire league, for the rest of the season. Good grief.

watching the Lakers beat the Grizzlies in Memphis to me once again showed that the Grizzlies are a formidable team

As trade deadline approaches I would definitely keep bynum rather than trade for Howard. Gasol is apparently available only for a pointguard. We shall see

Aside from a young, fast and first string PG, the Lakers are solid on the starting five lineup, imo. Their weak link would be in the bench. In the '09 title run, they had Odom, Farmar, Shannon Brown and Vujacic contributing. Presently they have McRoberts, Troy Murphy, Blake and Barnes. Hard to imagine that Odom's physical play would deteriorate because of some 'mental' problem caused by trade attempts and an actual trade but with a normal Odom in LA, they would have been much better off.

'09 lineup had Trevor Ariza too, or was that 2010?

I should have said '09-'10 title run when they beat the Celtics, they did not have Trevor Ariza. Ariza was in the '08-'09 team the beat the Magic.

Jim Buss is suggesting the Lakers are going to stand pat at trade deadline.....

Lakers Unwilling to Trade Andrew Bynum and Pau Gasol for Dwight Howard

Jim Buss tells the LA Times that both Bynum and Gasol is too steep a price to pay for Dwight Howard, and that he believes the Lakers could win a title with the current squad: “I’m not as worried about this team making a run for the championship as maybe everybody else is,’ he says. ‘I know people are shook up and especially after Lamar left, but give it time.’ He’s got 66 games. And that’s possibly with a slow start, what with three straight games to open, Andrew Bynum suspended for four, some pup named Devin Ebanks to start and a new coach still teaching. ‘I don’t know what our record will be during the first half, but I believe over the last 33 games going into the playoffs we will have the best record in the West.’ He must be counting on the arrival of Howard. But he shakes his head, no. ‘I don’t understand the thinking that we need saving as a franchise,’ Buss says. ‘We have three All-Stars, and we need saving?’ There’s an Internet report suggesting Orlando was willing to trade Howard for Bynum and Pau Gasol, but now he’s shaking his head as if in pain. ‘Where does this stuff come from?’ he says. ‘You’d have to be kind of silly to give up two All-Stars like that for Howard. Zero truth to it. We have never been asked for Andrew and Pau and we’ve never offered them. I think they know we’d either say no or they would sound crazy for asking.’ There are some who contend Buss is so enamored with Bynum he would be blind to all trades with Bynum’s name mentioned. ‘Let’s just say this,’ he says. ‘You have to give up something to get something. And I’m willing to give up something to get something.’ But nothing is happening. ‘We’ve done everything within the rules that we could to explore this situation until we were just spinning our wheels,’ he says. ‘The player is still in control of his own destiny; he can block a trade just by saying I’m not going to sign a new deal and stay where he is. I personally believe now that we have the team that we will be playing with all season long.’”

Whoa!!!!! D'Antoni axed. Mike Woodson, former coach of the Hawks, takes over. What do our Knicks' fans here at WBF think?

Just got the news. Am a Bulls fan (Chicago native), but 25 yrs in NYC and surrounds. D'Antoni didn't want Carmelo because he's a ball movement guy (Melo's a black hole), and his offense needs a PG -- Felton was actually doing OK before trade. Wrong coach for the talent, but Melo's a jerk and this is the result.

D'Antoni's been kicking himself for the last couple of years about turning down the Bulls job.

Easier to get rid of the coach than the big, griping contracts.

George Karl was thrilled with Knicks trade btw.

Interesting comment yesterday on the Knicks collapse. Before Amare and Melo returned, the Knicks were playing D'Antoni's normal spread offense and that allowed Lin to penetrate. They came back [Melo and Amare ] and now the Knicks are standing around allowing the opponents to pack their defenses.

From Adrian Woj of Yahoo Sports: We now wonder if the problem was with D'Antoni or the Melo.

"D’Antoni had clashed with Carmelo Anthony after the trade brought the All-Star forward to the Knicks a year ago, and he could never get Anthony to buy into his system.

The Knicks have lost six consecutive games to nearly drop out of the Eastern Conference playoff race.

Assistant Mike Woodson, who formerly coached the Atlanta Hawks, will take over as the interim coach.

The Knicks enjoyed a brief revival this season after D’Antoni moved Jeremy Lin into the rotation and made him the starting point guard. The Knicks won seven consecutive games from Feb. 4-15, a stretch that almost entirely coincided with Anthony’s absence from the lineup because of a groin injury.

The Knicks have gone just 2-8 since Anthony’s return, losing any of the momentum they gained while he was sidelined. While fans at Madison Square Garden have taken to recently booing Anthony, he told reporters Wednesday he doesn’t want to be traded.

“Dolan is blaming the coach,” said a source with knowledge of the Knicks’ locker-room dynamics. “Tyson [Chandler], Baron [Davis], A’mare [Stoudemire] – guys who came to play for Mike – or that system – are pissed. Lin isn’t happy either.”

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu