New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Wow..playoff atmosphere and what a game. A close friend who isn't exactly a Lakers fan has always told me that as long as Kobe is there, LAL will always be dangerous - that is after all the up and down games this season. Last 2 minutes of the 2nd OT, it was Kobe just making those step back shots and nobody really could stop those. And Kobe love those situations as he has proven countless times. OKC is not going to have a cake walk in the west it seems. SAS and LAL are big obstables -teams with championship pedigree with a lot of pride, and they know their basketball.

Wow..playoff atmosphere and what a game. A close friend who isn't exactly a Lakers fan has always told me that as long as Kobe is there, LAL will always be dangerous - that is after all the up and down games this season. Last 2 minutes of the 2nd OT, it was Kobe just making those step back shots and nobody really could stop those. And Kobe love those situations as he has proven countless times. OKC is not going to have a cake walk in the west it seems. SAS and LAL are big obstables -teams with championship pedigree with a lot of pride, and they know their basketball.

Phil

Agreed... You love Magenpan and you love basketball.. but really , reaLLY did you have to be a Celtics fan? :) Guess nobody's perfect :D

When it all said and done Basketball people will have a touh time explaining how come Kobe only have one MVP? The guy has been consistently phenomenal for years and it is all taken for granted ... The closest we have had to MJ ... One of the best ever .. top 5 definitely..

When it all said and done Basketball people will have a touh time explaining how come Kobe only have one MVP? The guy has been consistently phenomenal for years and it is all taken for granted ... The closest we have had to MJ ... One of the best ever .. top 5 definitely..
Ooooooooooh! Can't let that one pass.

MJ, Kareem, Wilt, Russell, Bird, Magic, Big O, The Logo. Top 5? Not in my book, unless we're limiting it to top 5 guards.

Ron

I'll take Kobe over Jerry West after a long debate but I would ... I got carried away no way to leave Bird, Magic (IMHO the second best ever) and the Big O out but I would take Kobe over The Logo ...
What amazes about Magic is how he changed his game after his knees problem ... He could dunk and ump like anyone .. but after his second season his knees were shot and his ganme became more cerebral .. less vertical if you wil. What a player he was !!

Phil

Agreed... You love Magenpan and you love basketball.. but really , reaLLY did you have to be a Celtics fan? :) Guess nobody's perfect :D

Frantz,

Haha...Over here in the P.I., lots of people I know are Celtics fans. :D An old buddy in college visited me and saw my Boston Celtics bumper sticker in my garage was surprised that I was a Celtics fan and told me he has always been a big Celtics fan himself. We ended up chatting about the Celtics for a couple of hours when in fact his visit was to listen to my Maggies. :D

About Kobe, as hard it is for me to admit it, and I hear this from other Kobe 'dislikers' as well, Kobe is a great one, and yeah, top 5, for me - the 5th. :D He was a scoring machine even in the Shaq 3-peat era and has proven he can win without Shaq, (this time with Gasol) :D and most definitely, a 'money-man'. If I'm a coach and down the last few seconds with the game on the line, Kobe is the only option, even if the other team knows it, he still will drain it. MVP? Somehow that weighs little on me personally. It's the rings that counts. :)

Btw, in this country, a Celtics-Lakers Finals is always BIG. I know some office workers and bank executives who suddenly call in sick when there's such a Finals, or file for vacation leaves! :D

Ooooooooooh! Can't let that one pass.

MJ, Kareem, Wilt, Russell, Bird, Magic, Big O, The Logo. Top 5? Not in my book, unless we're limiting it to top 5 guards.

Ooops, I missed Kareem and MJ in my count. I'll have Wilt, Bill, Kareem, MJ, Magic and Bird. So Kobe is 7th. :D

One of the best games I have seen in years. Kobe continues to be, well, Kobe :)

This game truly exposed the deficiencies of OKC but it is all a game of what if's and second guesses but yes Ron, a lot of misses by KD and Westbrook

Frantz, you may be clairvoyant after all for all we Laker fans

Lakers win in double OT. 114-106

Now how many games will MWP be suspended for?

Should be life! How.many chances does he get? Until he mails or kills somebody? A lot will depend on how badly hurt Harden is. WMP is the worst kind of thug. Delude has issues!

Ron

I'll take Kobe over Jerry West after a long debate but I would ... I got carried away no way to leave Bird, Magic (IMHO the second best ever) and the Big O out but I would take Kobe over The Logo ...
What amazes about Magic is how he changed his game after his knees problem ... He could dunk and ump like anyone .. but after his second season his knees were shot and his ganme became more cerebral .. less vertical if you wil. What a player he was !!

I'd take Kobe over JW too. He's the fiercest competitor in the era since MJ, and it's a joke that LBJ and such get MVPs and he's got only one after five championships.

Should be life! How.many chances does he get?

Agreed. Constant potential for something like that -- he's not well. Nice to see you at the show btw, Myles -- didn't really get a chance to say hi as I was swapping some cables at the time.

it is a joke re only one MVP but as Jeff Van Gundy said yesterday when he picked LBJ to win, it should be renamed the Most Outstanding Player and with all of the glitz he certainly catches eyes but I think everyone would give Kobe the final shot over LBJ when the game is on the line

For at least one team, the season isn't short enough. Anyone betting on whether Charlotte sets the record for least wins in a season? Odds are in their favor when you look at the teams they finish up with.

....and change his name back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting article. Looks like Jordan Hill is going to get a lot of playing time, with Barnes and Ebanks possibly out. Heck, Kobe might even have to move over to small forward.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu