New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The 10 quick points of Robinson set the tone for the 4th. An erstwhile unused player through 3 quarters. That's how Spo plays the game. I can't even say it's a gameplan. He just picks somebody to be the catalyst.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
as the saying goes it's not over until the fat lady sings. What a game

Nuggs go on an 11-2 run to close within 3

Bam is fouled and makes 2

11-106 with 48 seconds left

a real nail biter
Jokic make 2 and again a 3 point Heat lead

Final Heat 111-108

• Wow
Reactions: christoph

Steve Williams

truly one of the bet games I've seen in a long time. Butler came alive as did Bam in the 4th

I would never have be the Heat at the end of the Half

It becomes a best of 5 series as Heat steal home court advantage.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
That's how Miami beat the Bucks and the Celtics. Claw in. 10 point lead is nothing to them. Duncan alone can wipe it out. Vincent kept them in the game. And when they took the lead, Butler and Bam just did what they do. They will always scrap against a more talented team, with their supreme effort. This is not man to man basketball or first 5 against first 5 in the traditional way. Opponents are left thinking about what they did wrong after these kinds of losses. And it's not because Denver didn't play well. It's because Miami always scrapes and whittle a big lead with outside shots. It's like playing with nothing to lose when they are trailing. That has been their formula. 17 3 balls drained in at almost 50% accuracy. Nuggets had 11 out of 28.

Reactions: Steve Williams

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Suprised that Malone did not call time out for the last shot. I almost typed Mazulla. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
It seems the Heat always steals home court advantage. How they do in Miami will determine the series outcome I believe
The underdog tag seems to rile them up. Play in, 8th seed, no home court advantage for the ENTIRE playoffs. It's no surprise that Vegas will not favor them, even at home for Game 3 where Nuggets is a 2.5 point favorite to win. For them it's simply winning anywhere. But of note is that they lost 2 of their 3 home games to Boston. Again, which can sound so simple and yet like a broken record, if their outside shots go in, they have a very good chance of winning and history shows that. I cannot think of any of the 29 teams in the league that was constructed as 10 deep and all 8 can shoot 3s. 12 deep will include Herro and Ola (who are injured) so there are as many as 10 long bomb shooters whom Spo can call on at any point of the game. Game 2, the magic man was of course Duncan Robinson who had little playing time in 3 quarters but came in to start the 4th and wiped out an 8 point Nuggets lead by himself, scoring 10. From there , he was yanked out to let the 'normal' rotation take care of things.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Malone seemed to be apoplectic on the sidelines
He was quite mad too at the post game interview. Citing the lack of effort of his players. But, the way I see it, when there are 4 out of 5 Heat players running around looking for a good spot to receive the ball and slight opening, it is not easy to have a defense for that. 35 out of 78 Miami shots were from the 3 point range. That is their game.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Steve Williams

The Duping of KD PART 2. All New Cast. Same Director. :D
Precisely. He worked the same routine with KD however Jokic plus those two would be interesting and I bet Cuban would pay the money

• Wow
Reactions: christoph and jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Precisely. He worked the same routine with KD however Jokic plus those two would be interesting and I bet Cuban would pay the money
You mean Doncic. Then they will have 3 ball hoggers who needs to dribble the ball to make things happen. Imagine 3 point guards. Kidd has to alternate them for each play. :eek:

Steve Williams

You mean Doncic. Then they will have 3 ball hoggers who needs to dribble the ball to make things happen. Imagine 3 point guards. Kidd has to alternate them for each play. :eek:
My bad. I can’t believe I said that

• Haha
Reactions: jadis

jerrybj

Feb 27, 2022
New Zealand
I would love to say, I knew the Heat were going to win Game 2.
But with a rollercoaster score, you know it could just as easily have gone the other way.
And one make away from OT.
Change that to, "I hoped..."

Why do I want them to win?
They certainly are not my franchise.

It comes down to rewards.
Rewarding them for:
Player development
Retaining their coach in down years
Not bowing to star pressure to fire a coach
Drafting/adding according to their beliefs
Disagreeing, and improving from that
Loyalty to players
Trust in players
No-one trying to win with Hero Ball (which differs from Herro Ball)

Last edited:
Reactions: christoph

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
A no-brainer for the Lakers. :D

But Cuban giving up Luka will the be stupidest move ever not only in the history of Dallas but also in the NBA. :D

The Athletic's Jovan Buha reported that the Lakers will only entertain trade offers that involve them getting Doncic:

"If Dallas is offering Luka Doncic for James, then yes, one would assume the Lakers will listen." Buha wrote.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
In a year where the small 10 dominates the playoffs, who needs a big 3? :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing