New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Lillard goes Milwaukee as part of a 3-team deal with Jrue Holiday, Deandre Ayton, Toumani Camara, a 2029 unprotected MIL 1st, and unprotected MIL swap rights in 2028 and 2030 to Blazers. Phoenix lands Jusuf Nurkic, Grayson Allen, Nassir Little and Keon Johnson.

Suns give up Ayton

Monster trade, a great grab by Milwaukee. Go Bucks!

Reactions: christoph
This looks serious Phil. It now looks like the EC might go through Milwaukee rather than Boston. Bucks suddenly have to be considered a favorite to win it all
Big addition for the Bucks but the silver lining to me is that Damon didn't go to Miami. I am not a fan of players demanding to land in a particular team in a trade scenario and at least there is no precedent. Safe to say too that there won't be any round 1 upset by the Heat over the Bucks next season. I consider Miami a more intense rival than Milwaukee. Boston and Milwaukee will be a battle of the richest duos in the league, that's the sideshow. :D Let the games begin. We have a Unicorn.

Big addition for the Bucks but the silver lining to me is that Damon didn't go to Miami. I am not a fan of players demanding to land in a particular team in a trade scenario and at least there is no precedent. Safe to say too that there won't be any round 1 upset by the Heat over the Bucks next season. I consider Miami a more intense rival than Milwaukee. Boston and Milwaukee will be a battle of the richest duos in the league, that's the sideshow. :D Let the games begin. We have a Unicorn.
well said Phil. I totally agree about demanding where you go in a trade and I also agree that Miami for some reason is a bigger rival than the Bucks with whom the Celts have little problem

Reactions: christoph and jadis
Looking at the deals, Portland got a great haul with two 1st rd picks and 2 pick swaps from the Bucks plus big man Ayton who could have a more comfortable time playing with the Blazers.

Phoenix is just happy to get rid of Ayton , and got big man Nurkic and Grayson Allen, but they are in some rebuilding mode so these moves won't really matter.

Bucks will need a reboot of their chemistry. Adding a superstar is always great on paper, ie. Melo to NY, Westbrook to LAL, PG to LAC, but actual role playing is another thing. The rookie Bucks' coach is in for the some rough ride. A fantasy playoff matchup is indeed between the Bucks and the Heat, as Lillard have to beat the team that he really wanted to play for. And the Heat will take double pleasure in beating a team that snatched their fantasy player. :) Another thing is how Lillard will respond to the late rounds in the playoffs as he's never been there yet. He has to share the scoring chores with Giannis, who might become the 2nd option. :eek:

All great thoughts but imo when push comes to shove Lillard will be there at the end assuming he’s healthy. I agree also about Blazers getting draft picks but for Giannis and Dame winning time is now. Plus if Dame gets that far I’m betting he’ll be a star. I’ve always liked him.
Ayton is the one which surprised me. He’s young and tall and reasonably good. Suns soured on him

And in addition, Dame is IMO even better off with the Bucks than with the Heat :cool:

Reactions: jadis
All great thoughts but imo when push comes to shove Lillard will be there at the end assuming he’s healthy. I agree also about Blazers getting draft picks but for Giannis and Dame winning time is now. Plus if Dame gets that far I’m betting he’ll be a star. I’ve always liked him.
Ayton is the one which surprised me. He’s young and tall and reasonably good. Suns soured on him
Full agreement from me on everything you said about Lillard :cool:

Reactions: Steve Williams
I love Steph He is one of a kind but that big bronze statue of Magic out front of Crypto.com arena is there for a reason ......Magic was indeed IMO as well the greatest PG of all time. Steph is unique in so many different ways to score but at the end of the day magic was a force to contend with. Plus when Kareem was tired or injured, Magic became an adept Center

Reactions: christoph

30 teams in 30 days: Celtics aim to move forward after bittersweet season

With eyes on an 18th title, Boston undergoes a mini-shakeup that brings in big man Kristaps Porzingis.

I'm going to miss Smart, Phil, but if Porzingis stays healthy the Celts will be a better team

the recurring theme at the beginning of each new season...............great read. What a bust Zion has been

Can the Pelicans count on Zion Williamson in 2023-24?

In four seasons, he's played in just 114 of a possible 317 games (308 regular-season games, three play-in games and a six-game playoff series in 2022) for New Orleans, none in the postseason. His injury-driven absences have regularly extended far beyond the time frames the team has initially given for potential returns.

When he's been on the court, Williamson has played like a generational talent, averaging 25.8 points on 60.5% shooting while earning two All-Star nods. The problem is he hasn't been on the court enough. As he begins playing on his five-year, $194 million extension he signed in July 2022, Williamson and the Pelicans are at a crossroads.

• Haha
season is less than 4 weeks away and Draymond is the first casualty .....

Warriors' Draymond Green (ankle) expects to miss 4-6 weeks

SAN FRANCISCO -- Golden State Warriors forward Draymond Green suffered a left ankle sprain and expects to miss four to six weeks, he told Andscape's Marc Spears on Saturday.

The injury -- which sources said is not a high ankle sprain -- happened earlier in the week during a pickup game at Chase Center"I dodged a bullet and learned that today by the way it's [positively] reacting," Green told Spears. "Even with an MRI you don't see the trend of it immediately. The swelling is down."

Green will meet with reporters on Monday at the Warriors' media day. Training camp will begin the following day, with Golden State's first preseason game set for Oct. 7. The Warriors open their regular season on Oct. 24 against the Phoenix Suns.

The 33-year-old Green is entering his 12th season in the NBA with a new four-year, $100 million contract extension under his belt. Last season, Green played in 73 games, working through a number of nagging injuries, including to his back, neck, foot and knee. Two seasons ago, he missed one month because of a back injury.

Celts get Jrue Holiday for Brogdon, Robert Williams and picks. Big move. Get some toughness back after moving Smart, and a lot more. Porzingas is the rim protector now.

Celts get Jrue Holiday for Brogdon, Robert Williams and picks. Big move. Get some toughness back after moving Smart, and a lot more. Porzingas is the rim protector now.
Celts seem well positioned this year although I must admit I’ll miss Smart

Wow, while I like Jrue coming in for us, I am saddened by the departure of Robert Williams. I've always liked him but he was injury prone. This is quite a bold move by Brad. But we C's fans have to trust him. So far so good. :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing