New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

I just checked....Morant has a labral tear which is very painful and restricts full range of movement. So it needs to be repaired and immobilized in a position of rest for the remainder of the season to allow healing

• Sad
Reactions: christoph
Stumbled into this clip and firstly, I was shocked to see ML Carr as a contestant let alone a finalist against Kareem. Secondly, I wonder where Doctor J and David Thompson were and third, I had to make sure my son does not see this or he might be laughing to his bed as he has always ridiculed vintage players for their lack of athleticism. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: Steve Williams
I just checked....Morant has a labral tear which is very painful and restricts full range of movement. So it needs to be repaired and immobilized in a position of rest for the remainder of the season to allow healing
Sad development

Lakers beat the Raptors last night in a game that had so many ties and lead changes that the game was utterly exciting in the last 2 minutes of play. lakers ket taking gnats 5-6 point lead only to have the Raptors sink 3's from everywhere to either tie or go ahead. Lakers went up by 5 and they closed to within 2. The Lakers won the game at the FT line as the raptors kept fouling, even with under 5 seconds to play they closed again and ultimately the Lakers won 132-131.

A fun game to watch as so may teams now play on a par or better the the Lakers. I have to admit that the final few minutes of the game had me on the edge of my seat

Reactions: jadis
Lakers beat the Raptors last night in a game that had so many ties and lead changes that the game was utterly exciting in the last 2 minutes of play. lakers ket taking gnats 5-6 point lead only to have the Raptors sink 3's from everywhere to either tie or go ahead. Lakers went up by 5 and they closed to within 2. The Lakers won the game at the FT line as the raptors kept fouling, even with under 5 seconds to play they closed again and ultimately the Lakers won 132-131.

A fun game to watch as so may teams now play on a par or better the the Lakers. I have to admit that the final few minutes of the game had me on the edge of my seat
Great ending. Raptors had the game tying 3 points erased due to a moving screen, costly turnover.

Lakers are beating teams they had problem beating in the past season.. Clippers and Raptors.

Coach Darko was really mad with the refs, he had a few harsh words after the game… will he be fined?

he was complaining about the disparity in free throw shots, but there were lot’s of intentional fouls towards the end of the game. too bad for them AD and AR were making their free throws last night

might be a missed call on Barnes for an +1 towards the closing minute, but I think there were also some non calls that went their way.

Great ending. Raptors had the game tying 3 points erased due to a moving screen, costly turnover.
That foul was the determining factor in the outcome of the game. The Lakers got lucky IMO

Lakers are beating teams they had problem beating in the past season.. Clippers and Raptors.

Coach Darko was really mad with the refs, he had a few harsh words after the game… will he be fined?

he was complaining about the disparity in free throw shots, but there were lot’s of intentional fouls towards the end of the game. too bad for them AD and AR were making their free throws last night

might be a missed call on Barnes for an +1 towards the closing minute, but I think there were also some non calls that went their way.
as I said a few days ago, I see the Lakers role as mere spoilers. They have a lot of improving to do to be playoff contenders

Lakers are back to being a .500 team.

The good news is they host the Suns tomorrow night and my son and I have great seats for the game. Look for us behind the Lakers bench

• Love
Reactions: christoph and jadis
Celtics beat Wolves to stay unbeaten at home. Edwards is a bull-strong and can create his own shots. Tatum once again missed a go ahead shot at the end of regulation but redeemed himself with big plays in OT. Wolves didn't have Gobert and the C's missed Unicorn. Great game.

Looks like Kawhi feels the Clippers are his home as he re ups for two more years.

The Athletic’s Shams Charania reports the extension is a three-year, $152.4 million deal that goes through the 2026-27 season.

“We’re thrilled to continue our relationship with Kawhi. He is an elite player, a terrific partner and a relentless worker who knows how to win and makes it his first priority,” Clippers president of basketball operations Lawrence Frank said in a statement. “He elevated our franchise from the moment he arrived. We feel fortunate that Kawhi chose to join the Clippers five years ago, and excited to keep building with him.”

Leonard had a player option for next season, but his new deal secures his future with the team as it prepares to move into the Intuit Dome in Inglewood later this year. Paul George, the other part of the Clippers’ star tandem, has a player option this summer. Per ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski, the Clippers are in extension talks with George as well and, to sign the extension, Leonard must decline his option and do a new deal.

Leonard’s impact: After injuries limited Leonard to 52 games last season and two playoff games, he is fully healthy and performing well in 2023-24. He’s averaging 23.8 points, 6.1 rebounds, 3.4 assists and 1.8 steals per game while also shooting 51.6% overall and 43% on 3-pointers.

Leonard’s season hasn’t been without injuries, though. He missed four games in late December because of a hip contusion. However, the Clippers held things down during his absence, going 2-2 during that stretch.

The Clippers have also recovered from a slow start as a team. LA began the season 8-10 and struggled, at times, to integrate James Harden into the team after trading for him in early November. Since that start, the Clippers are 15-3 and are No. 4 in the Western Conference. They lead the Pacific Division and trail the No. 1-seeded Minnesota Timberwolves by just three games.

Leonard is one of 12 players in NBA history with multiple Finals MVPs, appearing in 137 postseason games while averaging 21.4 ppg, 7.8 rpg, 2.9 apg and 1.8 spg. He is one of the NBA’s best two-way players and has been selected to seven All-Defensive Teams (2014-17, 2019-21) and is one of three players in NBA history to win a Finals MVP, Defensive Player of the Year Award and All-Star Game MVP (2020).

Reactions: christoph and jadis
Looks like Kawhi feels the Clippers are his home as he re ups for two more years.

The Athletic’s Shams Charania reports the extension is a three-year, $152.4 million deal that goes through the 2026-27 season.

“We’re thrilled to continue our relationship with Kawhi. He is an elite player, a terrific partner and a relentless worker who knows how to win and makes it his first priority,” Clippers president of basketball operations Lawrence Frank said in a statement. “He elevated our franchise from the moment he arrived. We feel fortunate that Kawhi chose to join the Clippers five years ago, and excited to keep building with him.”

Leonard had a player option for next season, but his new deal secures his future with the team as it prepares to move into the Intuit Dome in Inglewood later this year. Paul George, the other part of the Clippers’ star tandem, has a player option this summer. Per ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski, the Clippers are in extension talks with George as well and, to sign the extension, Leonard must decline his option and do a new deal.

Leonard’s impact: After injuries limited Leonard to 52 games last season and two playoff games, he is fully healthy and performing well in 2023-24. He’s averaging 23.8 points, 6.1 rebounds, 3.4 assists and 1.8 steals per game while also shooting 51.6% overall and 43% on 3-pointers.

Leonard’s season hasn’t been without injuries, though. He missed four games in late December because of a hip contusion. However, the Clippers held things down during his absence, going 2-2 during that stretch.

The Clippers have also recovered from a slow start as a team. LA began the season 8-10 and struggled, at times, to integrate James Harden into the team after trading for him in early November. Since that start, the Clippers are 15-3 and are No. 4 in the Western Conference. They lead the Pacific Division and trail the No. 1-seeded Minnesota Timberwolves by just three games.

Leonard is one of 12 players in NBA history with multiple Finals MVPs, appearing in 137 postseason games while averaging 21.4 ppg, 7.8 rpg, 2.9 apg and 1.8 spg. He is one of the NBA’s best two-way players and has been selected to seven All-Defensive Teams (2014-17, 2019-21) and is one of three players in NBA history to win a Finals MVP, Defensive Player of the Year Award and All-Star Game MVP (2020).
Looks like Clippers are banking on Kawhi for the near term. It's not easy to shop for super players these days.

Looks like Clippers are banking on Kawhi for the near term. It's not easy to shop for super players these days.
They should pay a luxury tax as the Clipps have 3 1/2 superstars :oops:

They should pay a luxury tax as the Clipps have 3 1/2 superstars :oops:
Surely, they're number 2 in total salaries just behind the Warriors. Big .5 star Westbrook is making just $11m now and has a player option for the same amount next season. Maybe Balmer is calling that a value for money deal. :D

Reactions: christoph
Interestingly, the Pacers have the lowest total salaries. And they can get some good free agents soon.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Steve Williams
AS for the WC, the Wolves are a strong team but IMO not good enough to beat the Nuggs. IMO the Cinderella team in the WC that I see beating Denver and facing the Celtics is OKC. As long as SGA stays healthy they are a young, fast and very talented team
OKC is really fun to watch :cool:

so here is the latest news that I heard today. I cannot verify it BUT news out of Phoenix is KD is unhappy and wants out....if that were the case that would be the 3rd time KD wants out. I love him as a player but if indeed this is correct, it is another case of the tail wagging the dog

• Wow
Reactions: jadis and christoph

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing