New Pilium Gear!!!!

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
What are the specs & price for the Theseus, this unit is not even listed on their web site! Thanks
The US price for the Pilium Audio Theseus stereo amp is $29,900. 200 Watts into 8ohms, 400W/4ohm, 800W/2 ohm and stable at 1ohm. The Pilium site will be updated shortly with a few of the latest models. They were waiting for the photography work to be done.

Last edited:

Forte

Feb 16, 2017
I think there are smaller versions of Hercules monos in the works (Poseidon, Apollon?).
Heavy weight lineup:
2 integrateds
3 stereo amps
3 monoblocks
1 dac
1 streamer?

Last edited:

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
I think there are smaller versions of Hercules monos in the works (Poseidon, Apollon?).
Heavy weight lineup:
2 integrateds
3 stereo amps
3 monoblocks
1 dac
1 streamer?
We are shipping a pair of Poseidons in the next few days to the DFW RLR. This is the Poseidon, little brother to the Hercules mono amps.

1625789402506.png

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
We are shipping a pair of Poseidons in the next few days to the DFW RLR. This is the Poseidon, little brother to the Hercules mono amps.

View attachment 79950
This is the official listing of the Pilium models that are currently available for order in the US.

Pilium US 2021 Retail Price List

January 2021

PILIUM AUDIO – DIVINE SERIES

MODEL TYPE RETAIL PRICE

ALEXANDER PREAMP Double Chassis $49,900usd

ARES PREAMP Single Chassis $34,9000usd

ACHILLES STEREO AMP 300W - 8ohm $49,900usd

IASONAS STEREO AMP 250W - 8ohm $39,900usd

THESEUS STEREO AMP 200W - 8ohm $29,900usd

POSEIDON Monos 250W-8ohm $79,900 usd

HERCULES Monos 350W - 8ohm $99,900usd

ODYSSEUS INTEG AMP 200W -8ohm $29,900usd

LEONIDAS INTEG AMP 200W - 8ohm $39,900usd

ELEKTRA Digital to Analog Converter $39,900usd

Last edited:
Reactions: Hyperion

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio

Hyperion

Oct 3, 2011
Stockholm/Sweden
Congrats Marcus,

Really looking for your updates as you move forward! My experience is that the Leo sounds pretty good right out of the case, but it takes about 200 hours to fully open up.

I'm afraid that the Leonidas went directly to a client for a home loan. It seems like I will only get it back as he prefers a black unit instead of this one in silver which is supposed to become our demo unit...:)

/ Marcus, www.perfect-sense.se

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
This is the official listing of the Pilium models that are currently available for order in the US.

Pilium US 2021 Retail Price List

January 2021

PILIUM AUDIO – DIVINE SERIES

MODEL TYPE RETAIL PRICE

ARES PREAMP Single Chassis $34,9000usd

ACHILLES STEREO AMP 300W - 8ohm $49,900usd

IASONAS STEREO AMP 250W - 8ohm $39,900usd

THESEUS STEREO AMP 200W - 8ohm $29,900usd

POSEIDON Monos 250W-8ohm $79,900 usd

HERCULES Monos 350W - 8ohm $99,900usd

ODYSSEUS INTEG AMP 200W -8ohm $29,900usd

LEONIDAS INTEG AMP 200W - 8ohm $39,900usd

ELEKTRA Digital to Analog Converter $39,900usd
Feels way too expensive for a newcomer with no established reputation

Reactions: Lagonda

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Absolutely, in the good old days a brand would have to build up a reputation, starting out moderately priced, increasing price as they had made a name for themselves. These days even unknown brands from unexpected places charge top dollar right from the get go, who knowns if the maker of your 80K speaker, or 100K amp will be around in 5 years. I guess a large chunk of that money is spent on marketing to find customers willing to take that chance. All the dealers posting about the products, indicate that the strategy is working ! ;)

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Absolutely, in the good old days a brand would have to build up a reputation, starting out moderately priced, increasing price as they had made a name for themselves. These days even unknown brands from unexpected places charge top dollar right from the get go, who knowns if the maker of your 80K speaker, or 100K amp will be around in 5 years. I guess a large chunk of that money is spent on marketing to find customers willing to take that chance. All the dealers posting about the products, indicate that the strategy is working ! ;)
Example: How long did it take Pass to have a two-chassis preamp stratospherically priced; compare with:

Forte

Feb 16, 2017
Totally true. With Covid and no shows over the past 1.5 years, forum goer's just have to sit on the sidelines or visit dealers (if any) when they open.

Once Pilium starts attending shows, people with similar priced gear may start jumping onboard.
If you have a chance to listen, you might be surprised what you hear.

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
But then again, Alon Wolf of Magico is using Pilium Alexander pre- and two pair of Hercules amps to drive the M9s in his showroom. While the Pilium brand may not have the long, established history of Wilson, ARC, Macintosh, etc., the quality of the sound is clearly high enough for the likes of Alon @ Magico.

We can only dream of low price audio gear, sadly with inflation looming prices won't be going down.

To be transparent, I have only heard the Pilium with the M9s, though that is going to change in the next few weeks when I'll have a chance to hear Pilium with Alsyvox, Diesis, and Bayz in my own room. <insert anxiously waiting emoticon!>

Forte

Feb 16, 2017
I'm afraid that the Leonidas went directly to a client for a home loan. It seems like I will only get it back as he prefers a black unit instead of this one in silver which is supposed to become our demo unit...:)

/ Marcus, www.perfect-sense.se

The only thing I wish Pilium did was make the lower shipping crate more accessible to the powercord outlets, so that one can just plug powercords into amps while in crate to listen, while waiting for an army of spartans to lift out!

Forte

Feb 16, 2017
But then again, Alon Wolf of Magico is using Pilium Alexander pre- and two pair of Hercules amps to drive the M9s in his showroom. While the Pilium brand may not have the long, established history of Wilson, ARC, Macintosh, etc., the quality of the sound is clearly high enough for the likes of Alon @ Magico.

We can only dream of low price audio gear, sadly with inflation looming prices won't be going down.

(And, to be transparent, I have only heard the Pilium with the M9s, though that is going to change in the next few weeks when I'll have a chance to hear Pilium with Alsyvox, Diesis, and Bayz.)
And Magico used Vitus and Constellation and those prices are just as astronomical or more than Pilium.

Reactions: Hyperion

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
The only thing I wish Pilium did was make the lower shipping crate more accessible to the powercord outlets, so that one can just plug powercords into amps while in crate to listen, while waiting for an army of spartans to lift out!
I have cargo lifting straps incoming! Hopefully my audio buddies are in training.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing