New refurbished Apogee Diva

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
The arrival of the Tympani, a year ago, has radically changed my way of listening to music.
Planar speakers have become my must.
This is why, after so many thoughts, I let go of my beloved Avalon Eidolons, replacing them with the Apogee Diva.
I had the opportunity to find them practically new (all panels have been replaced by new ones), at Audioantiquary.com (by the way he has a couple of perfect Calipers and the great Full Range).
Just installed without any type of right location finding, but positioned as indicated in the user manual.
The first impression was the "disarming sense of truth".
The bass is extended, deep, controlled ... true.
Thousands of harmonics have invaded the room.

image3.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image0.jpeg

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Paolo, please also visit Henk in Holland now that you are into apogees.

Reactions: christoph

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I guess he's an Apogee collector (I'm starting to figure that out

he is the best restorer. And he has the apogee grands which sound magnificent in his room. He also restored an excellent scintilla which Christoph’s neighbour has in the principality of Liechtenstein.

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
he is the best restorer. And he has the apogee grands which sound magnificent in his room. He also restored an excellent scintilla which Christoph’s neighbour has in the principality of Liechtenstein.
Even my Divas are completely restored. All panels were replaced following the original Apogee design. For more details on who restored them, if you are interested, you may speak with Valerio of Audioantiquary.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Even my Divas are completely restored. All panels were replaced following the original Apogee design. For more details on who restored them, if you are interested, you may speak with Valerio of Audioantiquary.
Do you know who installed the new panels and ribbons and from whom are the parts (Graz in Australia?)?

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
I really can not speak highly enough about Henk.
He is a real magician and an artist when it comes to Apogees :cool:

Reactions: French Fred

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
The arrival of the Tympani, a year ago, has radically changed my way of listening to music.
This is why, after so many thoughts, I let go of my beloved Avalon Eidolons, replacing them with the Apogee Diva.
I had the opportunity to find them practically new (all panels have been replaced by new ones), at Audioantiquary.com (by the way he has a couple of perfect Calipers and the great Full Range).
Just installed without any type of right location finding, but positioned as indicated in the user manual.

View attachment 100181

View attachment 100183

View attachment 100184
Congrats on your Divas :cool:
They look majestic, yet elegant in your beautiful room :eek:

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Reactions: caliaripaolo

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
thank you .
yes it is true they are majestic and sound "Divinely" good.
I guess your (clear) SMT wings behind the speakers now work even better with the Apogees being Dipoles.

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
I guess your (clear) SMT wings behind the speakers now work even better with the Apogees being Dipoles.
I really don't understand yet. I have just received the Divas and I have not yet started the part concerning the environment correction.
With the Eidolons they were very efficient indeed.

Reactions: christoph

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
With the Diva the problem of the low output of the Totaldac DAC stands out. It has a class A stage as a preamplifier part, the output of which has been kept non-invasive by Vincent to achieve that naturalness that Todaldac has distinctive.
I am obliged to go below -10 dB of attenuation to get a good sound impact. The fact that I am inclined to increase the volume is however a clear indication of the low distortion and naturalness of the Divas.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
I really don't understand yet. I have just received the Divas and I have not yet started the part concerning the environment correction.
With the Eidolons they were very efficient indeed.
They will be even much more effective with the Dipole Apogees :p

Reactions: caliaripaolo

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
Welcome to the insanity.

And they literally are insane speakers.

Over time, you should realise just how insane they are.

They simply aren't normal and present music in a completely different way to most transducers.

Love them or hate them, and I do both hate and love mine from time to time, they do things in a way nothing else can.

The brutality of truth can be scary. But living in denial is probably worse.

The real love comes in with the best recordings.

They should be installed in far more studios than they are.

Reactions: infinitely baffled

MRJAZZ

Industry Expert
Jan 20, 2014

View attachment 100181

View attachment 100183

View attachment 100184
Great speaker, great room and environment......Enjoy....

Cheers....

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015

View attachment 100181

View attachment 100183

View attachment 100184
Congratulations, what an amazing room!

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
Welcome to the insanity.

And they literally are insane speakers.

Over time, you should realise just how insane they are.

They simply aren't normal and present music in a completely different way to most transducers.

Love them or hate them, and I do both hate and love mine from time to time, they do things in a way nothing else can.

The brutality of truth can be scary. But living in denial is probably worse.

The real love comes in with the best recordings.

They should be installed in far more studios than they are.
Thank you
I really love them and I do not understand why can be hated.
they do nothing but bring out the goodness of the upstream chain, if any.

Reactions: rad and christoph

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing