Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
  • Haha
Reactions: howiebrou

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Howie, is that a odometer showing the actual mileage of the speaker ! :oops:
I've often thought customers should get a t-shirt with their pricey purchase emblazoned with the slogan
"I helped sponsor *their* world tour"

Sammy T

Aug 30, 2012
I own the same tonearm on that turntable seen in the picture . Can anybody guess what it is?

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Very interesting english review of Lincoln Cheng from Audiotechnique.
Click on picture…
View attachment 80968
Interesting review. “ The outlines of the acoustical images were super fine and vivid”. And later “The acoustical outlines are sharp and clear.”

Stereophonic, is this what you hear from this DAC and also in real life?

Last edited:

plasmod3

Aug 28, 2020
Interesting review. “ The outlines of the acoustical images were super fine and vivid”. Stereophonic, is this what you hear from this DAC and also in real life?
somehow i dont think stereophonic will give an independent view on this Peter, he's probably a dealer or distributor

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
Interesting review. “ The outlines of the acoustical images were super fine and vivid”. And later “The acoustical outlines are sharp and clear.”

Stereophonic, is this what you hear from this DAC and also in real life?
I’m sorry Peter.
I’ve never listened Ref Dac or Server…but having Atlantis ones i can imagine what Lincoln is talking about…

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
nevertheless the response will be fascinating. This would tell me very much about the sound of the unit.
I doubt it. I would be completely hopeless in describing the sound of my system which is a reason why I appreciate the videos you post. Lincoln's review is also a translation, I believe, which is second best. If you really want to know what Lincoln thinks, watch this

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
nevertheless the response will be fascinating. This would tell me very much about the sound of the unit.

Not really. Imo it is silly to think we can understand the sound of the unit from a writer you have no familiarity listening with, no matter what his description of the component

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Not really. Imo it is silly to think we can understand the sound of the unit from a writer you have no familiarity listening with, no matter what his description of the component

I agree it would be more helpful if he describes the quality of the images relative to other DAC’s or his turntable. The language is interesting though.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I agree it would be more helpful if he describes the quality of the images relative to other DAC’s or his turntable. The language is interesting though.

You are getting too hung up on that language. People will use that to describe many types of components, both which you agree with and don't agree with. We will never know how much disconnect lies between what the person hears and what he describes until we know that person. The disconnect varies person to person

Reactions: ddk and wil

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing