Not too many Acoustic Signature owners here?

hogen

May 15, 2018
Oslo, Norway
Thank you hogen,
If you did refer to my Ascona Neo, so yes and no…
Arm 1; TA-9000 12”
Arm 2; Kuzma 4point 11”
Arm 3; TA-5000 9”

All the best / Johan
Very nice. What is your experience with the HRS platform under the Ascona?

Johan K

Dec 27, 2022
Sweden
Very nice. What is your experience with the HRS platform under the Ascona?
The HRS M3X2 plattform was custom made, regarding the weight for the Ascona Neo with three arm bases and the three diffrent arms, and the experience is magic..!!

Before when I had the Typhoon and the Montana i did not use any platform att all.
That was okay I tought… With the platform it’s a hole diffrent game.

The Ascona performs on a hole diffrent level.
It is so ineffected of vibrations from the floor, from the rooms atmosphere and from sound preasure, so it is almost scary.
The zero vibrations out on the stylus and cantilever, due to the platform interaction with the turntable - makes the background dead quiet. Sometimes I really have to see if the platter actually is turning, because it’s so quiet. At the same time, it’s helps the Ascona to come alive and give the music that superkick of power that just leaves you with a smile on your face… it’s hard to describe in words… ( if you know what I mean ).. it has to be heard… It is over 70+ parts in the platform.. hard to beleave, but it’s a fact. It is truly an amazing piece of component, and it makes a huge part in the overall performance of the turntable. Sooo … -the experience is magic!

/ Jk

theaudiogeek

Apr 4, 2018
Recent AS Ascona owner. Question for you all. Do any of you use included CARBON FIBER mat while playing records?

Reactions: Johan K

Johan K

Dec 27, 2022
Sweden
Thank you for the quick response. Do you see any difference between using and not using the mat?
No, because I like the mat and has not ever taken the mat away. I think there is a big potential that you might scratch your records when you lay them directly on the metal platter. On the Typhoon and the Montana, there was lether mat’s. I did not like them so much - this one is beautiful + it sounds good an performs perfect.

/ Jk

Johan K

Dec 27, 2022
Sweden
At least tonight, Donna Summer is VERY hot, laying on this beautiful carbon mat right now? :p ! She wispered very quiet in my ear - that she didn’t want any other mat in the world..

There you go… Donna Summer says - Donna Summer do..?;)!

Carbon it is !!! Hahaha !

/ Jk 870B79A8-3353-4EED-9CA3-7CCF6BD10435.jpeg D9371E83-F8C3-4271-BB9F-21B5B8241CAC.jpeg

theaudiogeek

Apr 4, 2018
No, because I like the mat and has not ever taken the mat away. I think there is a big potential that you might scratch your records when you lay them directly on the metal platter. On the Typhoon and the Montana, there was lether mat’s. I did not like them so much - this one is beautiful + it sounds good an performs perfect.

/ Jk
Thank you!

Johan K

Dec 27, 2022
Sweden
Are you concidering an Ascona Neo (or higher up on the scale), or do you already have one? Regarding your question about the carbon mat? I’m just curious…

/ Jk

theaudiogeek

Apr 4, 2018
Are you concidering an Ascona Neo (or higher up on the scale), or do you already have one? Regarding your question about the carbon mat? I’m just curious…

/ Jk
I just got the Ascona delivered the day before yesterday. I literally unboxed and noticed the carbon mat and hence the question. I still have to set it up this weekend.

Johan K

Dec 27, 2022
Sweden
I just got the Ascona delivered the day before yesterday. I literally unboxed and noticed the carbon mat and hence the question. I still have to set it up this weekend.
Whaaoo lucky you!! Congratulations ! Very good.. lets stay in touch and let us know of your progress. Where do you live? The USA? I (almost) get a little bit jealous because I know how fun it was setting it up? ;)

Good luck to you..

All the best

/ Jk

Reactions: theaudiogeek

theaudiogeek

Apr 4, 2018
Whaaoo lucky you!! Congratulations ! Very good.. lets stay in touch and let us know of your progress. Where do you live? The USA? I (almost) get a little bit jealous because I know how fun it was setting it up? ;)

Good luck to you..

All the best

/ Jk
Thank you! Sure will let you know the progress. I live in Michigan, USA. Not sure if I will be able to lift them without breaking my back. I will have to get creative lifting the plinth on to the base plate without scratching/denting the baseplate.

BillK

Aug 25, 2015
I tried the stock mat but much preferred the sound of the Synergistic Research UEF Record Mat #1.

I also use the SR UEF Record Weight, usually with the red tuning module.

Johan K

Dec 27, 2022
Sweden
Thank you! Sure will let you know the progress. I live in Michigan, USA. Not sure if I will be able to lift them without breaking my back. I will have to get creative lifting the plinth on to the base plate without scratching/denting the baseplate.
Whaaoo, that sounds awesome!
Yes Sir, it is a heavy beast, but take it slow, one step at the time, then I’m sure you will do great. Which platter did you choose? The orginal or the Invictus platter? Small tip though…. Be very very careful when you mount the platter onto the bearing - smooth and slowly… You will do find!

All the best

/ Johan 93ED4707-9577-4A47-B2D2-B84838C68A63.jpeg E66DDBDE-02B2-4025-A010-92BFE9B9711E.jpeg 6B7E69DC-C645-4715-BAB1-A0C84620BBE3.jpeg

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Not sure if I will be able to lift them without breaking my back. I will have to get creative lifting the plinth on to the base plate without scratching/denting the baseplate.

A friend helps you move a turntable. A best friend helps you move . . . a body.

You only need a regular friend. Get some help!

Johan K

Dec 27, 2022
Sweden
I tried the stock mat but much preferred the sound of the Synergistic Research UEF Record Mat #1.

I also use the SR UEF Record Weight, usually with the red tuning module.
Great input, BillK? ;) ! Maybe something worth trying. Thank you.

All the best

/ Jk

Johan K

Dec 27, 2022
Sweden
A friend helps you move a turntable. A best friend helps you move . . . a body.

You only need a regular friend. Get some help!
Dear Ron,

I did it by myself because I was so exited, but I tell you? - I had to 109% on the bodys SSME’s (space shuttle main engines) :p , but I did manage! But a good friend to help, is not a bad idea ;)
Btw: How’s everything fall into place with the Pandragons? Any progress?

All the best

/ Jk

theaudiogeek

Apr 4, 2018
Yes Sir, it is a heavy beast, but take it slow, one step at the time, then I’m sure you will do great. Which platter did you choose? The orginal or the Invictus platter? Small tip though…. Be very very careful when you mount the platter onto the bearing - smooth and slowly… You will do find!

All the best

/ Johan View attachment 103569 View attachment 103570 View attachment 103571
I got the standard platter. This is just the picture I took when it was delivered. It was too cold outside. 1674835107795.png

• Love

theaudiogeek

Apr 4, 2018

All the best

/ Johan View attachment 103569 View attachment 103570 View attachment 103571
Thank you for heads up. I can imagine how heavy it will be. I had to struggle when I had the Montana. That table with the platform looks awesome ! That platform has to be a beast to hold this table.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing