Pass XS-150's

I'm confident my Alexandria's are going to sound grand when I purchase XS-150's tomorrow. The decision has been made. Should have them toward the end of next week...then I'm done !!!! save for a possible digital front end upgrade next year....

I am behind you on this one, Rockitman! I am confident they are going to sound grand as well. Now as for possible digital front end upgrade next year...i would appreciate getting your latest thoughts on that front (pun intended) when you get some time!

Your username suits you Christian. You've been upgrading like a rocket! Congratulations once again on your new pieces :D

Thanks Jack...looking forward to the day when upgrades will no longer be necessary. I'm getting close. The house is getting in order. ;)

When do you take delivery Christian? I am getting excited for you.

So the XS-150's are in da house rather the garage. Too bad I'm in the hospital after deeply lacerating my leg this past Sunday night and won't be going home until Sunday....hopefully. Even then, I still haven't figured out how I am going to get them too my listening room....when I'm on crutches...great timing for an injury...ugh !!! :mad:

OMG! I am so sorry to read this. It's too bad it did not happen after the amps were installed :p (sorry, bad joke). Please get well soon. If I was not tied up this weekend, I'd take a ride to help you out, seriously. Feel better.

Rockitman

It is worth hiring two strong guys to get them to your listening room. You can always dress the cables later. Music will sooth you and help in the recovery, of that I am certain ... May sound like a joke. It is adding insult to injury to have such serious music repoducer and foregoing while it is most needed .. Get the amps running they only need to be plugged and that is not a delicate job

Quick recovery!

Rest up...... You'll be up and at 'em sooner than later......

Like Frantz suggested..... have some strong help navigate them into your room and supervise the process. This way you can have therapeutic tunes while convalescing!

Feel better soon!

Guess my thought was what type of audiophile are you Christian? Letting a little thing like a deep laceration stop you? Turn in your audiophile card immediately! :)

Last edited:
Man up.... stop being a little b*tch.... That's what drugs are for! (Speaking as a true Anesthetist!)

Man up.... stop being a little b*tch.... That's what drugs are for! (Speaking as a true Anesthetist!)

Morphine and Oxycodone are making my stay away from home bearable for now. Good sound will be happening soon. I'm sure I will find help installing them when I get home. I need to be more careful when camping...lol

At least I can still do eBay lp auctions from my hospital bed. iPad's rule.

Morphine and Oxycodone are making my stay away from home bearable for now. Good sound will be happening soon. I'm sure I will find help installing them when I get home. I need to be more careful when camping...lol

At least I can still do eBay lp auctions from my hospital bed. iPad's rule.

Hope you feel better. Internet in the hospitals seems to make the stays much better. I had one guy I was admitting ask me if he could go home to get his ipad :)

Hi Rockitman, Sorry to hear of your injury and delay. You can pass (pun) some time by searching for a YouTube video of the Pass Xs150 amps driving their own speakers. There is a close up of the bias needle bouncing all over the place. Curious because i thought these Pass speakers (SR-1) were pretty efficient. I have the XA160.5 driving Magico Mini 2 (86dB, 4 ohm) and the only way I can get the needles to move slightly is when I blast the Sheffield Drum track LP at full volume on my XP-20. I look forward to reading your impressions and seeing some photos of these monsters. Lucky you!

Thanks Peter. They are still boxed up in the garage. Hopefully I will be ready physically to install them this weekend with some assistance.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing