Pimped out Premier or Lampi Pacific?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
Hello all.

I just wanted to chime in and thank everyone for their feedback in this thread so far. While we may not be perfect (no brand is) it is wonderful to be a part of a brand which inspires such passion in the hobby!

While we would certainly prefer the OP to hold on to his Pacific as an end game source, the important take away should be that he absolutely loves the piece and it's functioned perfectly since it's delivery.

All that said, we definitely appreciate the support and praise many of our customers have offered, but it may be a good idea for us all to take a step back and breathe as I'm not sure the direction this debate is heading is benefical to the brands discussed or the comradery of this wonderful forum.

We love the passion and enthusiasm, but let's try and keep it fun guys. :)

Happy listening!

Fred A.

djsina2

May 30, 2019
So why do you care about this thread?

As I said early I don’t at all. bonzo said nobody had ever compared the Lampizator to MSB and preferred the MSB. I simply pointed out an example I was familiar with. As usual per WBF it starts a battle. I will heed yours and Rhapsody’s advice and only participate in analog threads.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
As I said early I don’t at all. bonzo said nobody had ever compared the Lampizator to MSB and preferred the MSB. I simply pointed out an example I was familiar with. As usual per WBF it starts a battle. I will heed yours and Rhapsody’s advice and only participate in analog threads.

I was not and am not knocking your participation, I was just curious that if you don't do digital, why even bother entering in the Digital discussion? Again it's an open forum and I am not saying don't participate, just asking why it would be of interest if you don't do digital. It just struck me as let's say different?

Please no offense intended.

Reactions: bonzo75 and wisnon

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
I dont think he had both at the same time. In any case, how do you separate the SQ opinion from the business perspective. MikeB is pretty honest re SQ...but consider the huge business bias and most here would act similarly. Human nature.

Reactions: Golum

djsina2

May 30, 2019
I dont think he had both at the same time. In any case, how do you separate the SQ opinion from the business perspective. MikeB is pretty honest re SQ...but consider the huge business bias and most here would act similarly. Human nature.

I want to sincerely apologize to all lovers of digital for intruding on your sacred space. I admit I was not intimately familiar with the situation with Mike. I spoke to him once years ago for his opinion on the lower end Lampizator and MSB models when I was having a severe lapse of judgement and thinking of going digital. He said he preferred the MSB. He didn’t say anything negative about the Lampizator at all.

Reactions: Rhapsody and wisnon

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio

Agreed Norman and trust me "I know". I try, as a dealer, NOT to compare products, especially products that I represent now against products that I have represented in the past but no longer do.

I've done it in the past and it's not the right thing to do as a dealer.

No matter how honest a dealer might be, as you say Norman, it's human nature to "possibly" show a bias, possibly without even realizing it, and this is not helpful to someone that might be reading about products and trying to get an understanding of this vs. that.

djsina2, my rub with your comment was that if you had done a comparison then it's very valuable to all. But to point to anyone else that has done a comparison, especially a dealer, that does have business interests in their equation, even if they are brutally honest, I do not believe that that pointed out comparison is valuable.

None of it's a big deal.....1st world problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing