Pimped out Premier or Lampi Pacific?

Status
Not open for further replies.

djsina2

May 30, 2019
i agree he is an open minded dealer but margins on the two products are radically different. The dacs and the tubes for servicing for the lower margin product are from across the continent. How many dealers are there in the US? At least based on the forum, the large sales come from the distributor, which is what I would expect for a product that has lower margins to the dealer.

I certainly think dCS and MSB are much more lucrative for dealers to sell.

There are tons of people on all forums who have had great service. Some of them had issues, but they stayed because of the sonics and the service. I had a couple of friends who were furious when the dac failed, yet it was serviced free, and when it came back, they were in love. And then it stayed without issues

Never mentioned the service. I’ve heard it’s great. However, shouldn’t the point be to not ever need repair service?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Never mentioned the service. I’ve heard it’s great. However, shouldn’t the point be to not ever need repair service?

Almost Everything needs repairs. The best thing you can have in hifi is great service and upgradability. I have heard of many famed brands like techdas, kronos, constellation, dagostino, Krell, aesthetix, Allnic, audio research, NAT, CJ, jadis, vdh, etc needing service. It all comes down to how easy and low cost it is to get it fixed.

Reactions: wil

djsina2

May 30, 2019
Almost Everything needs repairs. The best thing you can have in hifi is great service and upgradability. I have heard of many famed brands like techdas, kronos, constellation, dagostino, Krell, aesthetix, Allnic, audio research, NAT, CJ, jadis, vdh, etc needing service. It all comes down to how easy and low cost it is to get it fixed.

Yes, anything can break. Some a lot more than others.

Reactions: KeithR

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Damn why does it have to go back to LAMPI. I don’t get why non LAMPI owners have try to make happy LAMPI owners get abused. let it go already please.

wil

Jul 22, 2015
Mine has worked flawlessly for almost 2 years now. The sound is spacious and gorgeous. The Golden Atlantic before that also worked flawlessly. And, Lampi has a 5 year warranty which is better than most in the industry isn't it?

From my experience, it's not particularly unusual for audio gear to need servicing. My Luxman amp, in contrast to my Lampis, has had to go the shop twice in 2 years. My Mastersound amp also had issues.

I have my Pacific up for sale, not out of any dissatisfaction. In fact, sometimes I break into a cold sweat thinking about parting with it! I don't have any reason to sell other than audio-restlessness and eventually wanting to try a Bakoon amp/dac combo.

PM me if anyone is interested in talking about a sale.

Macattack

VIP/Donor
Aug 21, 2014
SC Low country
No I am saying those who make judgements without exposure to a component are stupid or lazy. That is correct
I don’t think you can paint those of us who would like to audition these products with such broad brush. I have tried to audition many of these products in my system but have been unable to for a variety of reasons.

I am neither lazy nor stupid. You don’t Know me, you don’t know where I live, you don’t know about the lack of dealers within a reasonable distance.

I have flown around the world too many times to remember and have the ‘miles’ to prove it. I choose not to fly the world to hear products companies should be making it easy for me to audition.

This is a world of have and have nots and I guess I am a have not because I can’t fly across the country/globe to hear a product in a system I don’t understand and make a purchase decision.

Reactions: PeterA and KeithR

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Reactions: bonzo75 and KeithR

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
. . . I am saying those who make judgements without exposure to a component are stupid or lazy. . . .

I ordered an American Sound AS-2000 without hearing it or even seeing it in person.

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I don’t think you can paint those of us who would like to audition these products with such broad brush. I have tried to audition many of these products in my system but have been unable to for a variety of reasons.

I am neither lazy nor stupid. You don’t Know me, you don’t know where I live, you don’t know about the lack of dealers within a reasonable distance.

I have flown around the world too many times to remember and have the ‘miles’ to prove it. I choose not to fly the world to hear products companies should be making it easy for me to audition.

This is a world of have and have nots and I guess I am a have not because I can’t fly across the country/globe to hear a product in a system I don’t understand and make a purchase decision.

Sorry, do you comment on those you did not audition? Or did you only read part of my post

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I ordered an American Sound AS-2000 without hearing it or even seeing it in person.

Nor have I seen you comment that AS is better than Vyger, techdas, basis, etc.. You made your reasons for purchase very clear for all of your products, and that primary was local service as well

Macattack

VIP/Donor
Aug 21, 2014
SC Low country
Sorry, do you comment on those you did not audition? Or did you only read part of my post
Of course not. That would be stupid. ;)

Reactions: bonzo75

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
I have had 8 lampis pass thru my home and never a problem.

Mike is a great dealer and a very nice guy, but he changes brands very often for various reasons. Its business, so don't read to much into it.

He is carrying Boulder and MBL for now. Apertura, AvGarde and Kef are either gone or on the back burner.

Reactions: KeithR

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
I have had 8 lampis pass thru my home and never a problem.

Mike is a great dealer and a very nice guy, but he changes brands very often for various reasons. Its business, so don't read to much into it.

He is carrying Boulder and MBL for now. Apertura, AvGarde and Kef are either gone or on the back burner.

Be careful Norman:) two years ago someone sent me a PM on AS asking about a brand that Mike had once carried but no longer carried. He asked my opinion in a PM about the brand/product.

Before I answered the question I made a snide remark something to effect of wait for a few months and Mike will probably drop his latest new line in a matter of time as that's the norm. (I must say that being a dealer I get this and understand that it makes sense to drop a line if you can't sell it) but anyway, it was a one sentence snide remark.

The next morning when I went to log on to AS I had been banned for life from AS. It did not bother me as I would NOT want to be associated with a site where EITHER the owner of moderators read PM's and worse than that imho was ACTING on information in the PM that they did not like.

Of course I would never be able to prove that they read and acted on my PM but why after me hosting two annual AS get togethers and being an active participant on the forum since it's conception would I be banned for life immediately after answering this PM question?

It is what it is.....

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Be careful Norman:) two years ago someone sent me a PM on AS asking about a brand that Mike had once carried but no longer carried. He asked my opinion in a PM about the brand/product.

Before I answered the question I made a snide remark something to effect of wait for a few months and Mike will probably drop his latest new line in a matter of time as that's the norm. (I must say that being a dealer I get this and understand that it makes sense to drop a line if you can't sell it) but anyway, it was a one sentence snide remark.

The next morning when I went to log on to AS I had been banned for life from AS. It did not bother me as I would NOT want to be associated with a site where EITHER the owner of moderators read PM's and worse than that imho was ACTING on information in the PM that they did not like.

It is what it is.....
It’s a well known fact

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
He was registered here under three different aliases and was soliciting members here to buy from him under the guise of someone else

payback Norman and Bob as he has been banned from here forever as well.

Reactions: Golum and Rhapsody

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
He was registered here under three different aliases and was soliciting members here to buy from him under the guise of someone else

payback Norman as he has been banned from here forever as well.

Interesting, so the other person saying Lampi causes 100 percent issues is a MSB dealer as well. But hey I get told off for using the word donkeys, when I try to warn the sheep (quoting micro) from the wolves (quoting micro)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing