Preamp for Luxman m900u (c900u or Mola Mola Makua+DAC)

yyzSB

New Member
May 14, 2017
21
1
3
#1
I am hoping to get some feedback from anyone who has heard a Mola Mola Makua preamp with the Luxman m900u amp. The obvious choice for me would be to get the Luxman c900u preamp but I am trying to save on the number of components since this will be an office system is a smallish room. I can squeeze in the c900u + an additional DAC box but aesthetically it would be better if I could consolidate the preamp and DAC into 1 component, such as the Mola Mola Makus w/DAC..

I have considered the Luxman 509x integrated and after an audition it was not preferred compared to the Luxman 900 series separates. I have not heard the Mola Mola Makua with the Luxman gear. I have heard Mola Mola Makua with the Mola Mola amps. I am not interested in those amps and want to get the Luxman m900u amp., which I liked a lot.

I was told by one person that Luxman m900u sounds better with the Makua preamp over Luxman's c900u. However, there are some biases in that persons evaluation. So I am looking for some more feedback from anyone who may have tried this combo.
 

asiufy

Member Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
3,252
303
83
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
#2
Is that system digital-only, analog-only or both?
 

yyzSB

New Member
May 14, 2017
21
1
3
#3
2 analog sources which I use 25% of the time and digital streaming and local FLAC files are the other 75% of listening.
 

asiufy

Member Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
3,252
303
83
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
#4
Seems like the Mola Mola is a good choice indeed, as it does have phono and DAC built-in. I don't have experience with it with the Luxman, but it's very good value on its own. And it's compact :)
 

About us

  • What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio convertors (DACS), turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing