Psvane Acme Series (new flagship series)

Lowrider75

Dec 4, 2019
I had a good email exchange with Cheryl last night regarding Linlai. I said a lot of us were misled and bought the E-6SN7 Chinese version. I then asked about the Global HIFI compared to the Global Elite. She wouldn't comment on sonic characteristics due to the many different component designs and circuits not to mention individual system setups. She did, however, state that the HIFI series are entry-level and are a good choice to replace stock tubes. The Global Elite are premium tubes which undergo additional testing. I didn't need to read between the lines to catch her drift.

Reactions: Golum

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013
Thanks for the update. Is Cheryl a typo, as GF/Premium Tubes is Rachel Grant (don't recall her Chinese name).

Reactions: Lowrider75

Phantom-Audio

Apr 23, 2017
Jakarta
www.phantom-audio.com
Has anyone tried the Rectifier tubes? 5U4G and the 274B? Various versions are available the higher end ones are about 200-250 dollars each much higher than most of the good NOS

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013
Did you search here on "rectifier?" You might also check out the threads "274B choices?", "LampizatOr Golden Atlantic + TRP" and "Lampizator / Tube Rolling Thread."

It's a matter of sound taste and budget. After going through a bunch of rectis, including ones from the 1940's-1960's, I ended up with the Sophia Electric 274B Aqua, which a lot of people in the U.S. have liked, but Europeans seem not to have tried. There's also now a II version (Sophia often discounts seconds and demos from their Special tab). Note that when older tubes are spotted as particularly good and mentioned on forums, the prices jump a bunch. Sellers are watching...

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
I have just put back the psvane acme 300b tubes and took out the original western electric 300b tubes. I think the acme has better highs and more 45 tube type sound. I will keep them for some time and then will put back WE’s again to differentiate better. I had WE for a year and acme for a few months before that…

Reactions: christoph

Nuforce

Jan 5, 2021
I've been reading this thread with interest. I currently enjoy 45s in my DAC very much but have a strong urge to try the Acme 300B. Just wondering who has directly can compared these ?

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013
Has anyone tried the Rectifier tubes? 5U4G and the 274B? Various versions are available the higher end ones are about 200-250 dollars each much higher than most of the good NOS

Haven't been actively in the market for a good year or two, but $200-250 was a very good price for better NOS. Of course, lots of cheap stuff out there and maybe a diamond in the rough somewhere. I've been using the Sophia 274B and am currently burning in/auditioning a Telefunken AG1 in a Lampi Golden Gate 3. Suggest taking a look at the Lampi related threads on WBF, where tubes are discussed a lot.

Blake

Jun 28, 2018
Recently put a pair of Psvane ACME 2A3 in the power supply unit to my preamp. Open, very natural, clear, detailed and large sound. Very good "presence" factor. Have not compared to exotic $$$ 2A3 NOS tubes, but for the price, this seems to be a keeper. To my ears, it is a better tube than the typical NOS 2A3 variants or new production 2A3 from other brands.

Psvane ACME.jpg

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Recently put a pair of Psvane ACME 2A3 in the power supply unit to my preamp. Open, very natural, clear, detailed and large sound. Very good "presence" factor. Have not compared to exotic $$$ 2A3 NOS tubes, but for the price, this seems to be a keeper. To my ears, it is a better tube than the typical NOS 2A3 variants or new production 2A3 from other brands.

View attachment 116589

so you tried Fivre, AVVT, KR?

Blake

Jun 28, 2018
KR, but not Fivre or AVVT. I'd love to try them, but super pricey.

Edit: pricey comment was referring to Fivre mono plate.

Reactions: bonzo75

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Recently put a pair of Psvane ACME 2A3 in the power supply unit to my preamp.
How does 2a3 work in the power supply unit? I know they work as output tubes and driver tubes to some bigger bottles but never heard in the power supply.

Reactions: acousticsguru

Blake

Jun 28, 2018
How does 2a3 work in the power supply unit? I know they work as output tubes and driver tubes to some bigger bottles but never heard in the power supply.

see below

Blake

Jun 28, 2018
so you tried Fivre, AVVT, KR?

I was able to finally source some nice AVVT mesh, mono plate 2A3. Just put them in the preamp power supply unit.

AVVT-10.jpg

These AVVT 2A3 are quite large (Philips PT14 in comparison):
AVVT-7.jpg

AVVT-8.jpg

Reactions: adamaley

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I was able to finally source some nice AVVT mesh, mono plate 2A3. Just put them in the preamp power supply unit.

View attachment 121947

These AVVT 2A3 are quite large (Philips PT14 in comparison):

thanks let us know impressions

Blake

Jun 28, 2018
Will do. These AVVT's will definitely need a fair amount of burn in, then I'll compare and report back.

Initial impression, cold out of the box... loads of detail and a high degree of transparency.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Will do. These AVVT's will definitely need a fair amount of burn in, then I'll compare and report back.

Initial impression, cold out of the box... loads of detail and a high degree of transparency.
Could you also plunk them in your Lampis?
I'm not sure 2A3 work with modern Lamp is?

Blake

Jun 28, 2018
Could you also plunk them in your Lampis?
I'm not sure 2A3 work with modern Lamp is?

I'd love to try it. On this point, I don't recall ever reading any impressions of 2A3 tubes in the various Lampi threads (at least, not for GG2/3 or Pac), so I am not sure they are compatible?

I seem to recall some older DHT Lampi models using 2A3. I'll check with Andy at Lampi.

Last edited:

Blake

Jun 28, 2018
Andy confirmed 2A3 is 2.5A, 2.5V filament, and therefore it won't work.

• Sad

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing