Psvane Acme Series (new flagship series)

BLitz

Mar 7, 2013
I am looking forward to your review...and is the 300B as the driver not as important ? ;-)

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
It is very important and I am using Psvane's best 300b, the we replica 300b plus. The Acme was not out yet, if 845 brings a real difference, I will not hesitate to change the 300b to acme series as well.

BLitz

Mar 7, 2013
Looking forward to your review...a little off topic, but could you compare the WE 300B plus to anything else like Elrog, Gold Lion, Eml or the old version ? What have they done differently with the PLUS ?

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
I had the Psvane WE300b (not the plus) and FullMusic 300b mesh and briefly put on a Gold Lion and take it off on this amp. I preferred the Psvane again. Fullmusic was better than Gold Lion. I nearly got a Takatsuki 300b but the dealer had some problems and I couldn't wait, so I went ahead and bought the WE300b plus from Psvane. There were some other tubes in between the we replica plus and the standard we replica so my comparisons would be off. 300b also not being the main tube has influence on the sound but not so definitive on my amp. Once I have the Acme, I will try and compare Takatsuki 300b (now my dealer friend has it) and we300b+ as a driver for acme 845. I wish someone around me got the acme 300b so we could try acme, we replica and takatsukis...

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
Here are the first non-commercial photos of ACME 845's in the wild. They are being sent to me now, I asked for a test and a photo before the shipment :)

Attachments

• HTB1SrTIX2vsK1RjSspdq6AZepXah.jpg
    HTB1SrTIX2vsK1RjSspdq6AZepXah.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 62

BLitz

Mar 7, 2013
You know how to feed appetite for more...

By the way: Was the Plus in the WE plus notable compared to the normal version ?

Best Regards

freesole

Dec 11, 2018
Hi @kodomo would love to hear your thoughts here! I have a Line Magnetic 805 which uses both 805's and 300B's and the new PSvane ACME sounds like it could be promising..

Reactions: kodomo

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
I’ve been txting with a guy in Singapore who has just tried both the Acme 805s and Acme 300Bs on his Line Magnetic SET and horn setup. He has a lot of experience with valves and he seems really impressed.

His first impressions on the Acmes... that the tone was very right, they have a great expressive way of communicating the emotional content in music, the force of plucked instruments was easily discernible, vocals were vivid and expressive, bass was authoritative and controlled and the valves exhibited a low noise floor.

Very much looking forward to hearing about your experiences Kodomo with your new Acmes.

freesole

Dec 11, 2018
I’ve been txting with a guy in Singapore who has just tried both the Acme 805s and Acme 300Bs on his Line Magnetic SET and horn setup. He has a lot of experience with valves and he seems really impressed.

His first impressions on the Acmes... that the tone was very right, they have a great expressive way of communicating the emotional content in music, the force of plucked instruments was easily discernible, vocals were vivid and expressive, bass was authoritative and controlled and the valves exhibited a low noise floor.

Very much looking forward to hearing about your experiences Kodomo with your new Acmes.

Sounds like the exact example I was hoping for. I wonder what he was comparing the Acme's to? I haven't changed any of the stock 300b and 805 tubes yet but am very curious about the impact of a change, that's for sure. It sounds like there are numerous options for the 300b's but not as many for the 805's. Some other 300b comparatives would be the EML XLS, Sophia Princess, Elrog's, etc.

BLitz

Mar 7, 2013
I would be interested to hear if transparency was traded in for tone...which is a classic. Its extremely rare that you get both transparency and a nice, full tone, which together makes a real liquid, flowing music....and a comparisonto Elrog would be very intersting, I agree...its TT filament should have the lead on transparency I would guess...

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Blitz, what amp do you have, and what speakers?

adamaley

Apr 15, 2016
Minnetonka, MN
I would be interested to hear if transparency was traded in for tone...which is a classic. Its extremely rare that you get both transparency and a nice, full tone, which together makes a real liquid, flowing music....and a comparisonto Elrog would be very intersting, I agree...its TT filament should have the lead on transparency I would guess...
I have the same amp in question, and from a 300b standpoint, the Elrogs do what you are talking about - transparency without sacrificing tone. Hopefully the Acme 805 straddles that line successfully. Does anyone have experience with the Psvane CNE 805 tubes. They are in the same ballpark price wise and an eventual comparison with their new Acme series will be helpful.

BLitz

Mar 7, 2013
Blitz, what amp do you have, and what speakers?

It is all DIY.

Speakers are 2.2 meter high Line Sources with 12 Ribbon Fountek FT2 (each14 cm) and 18 4" Eton Kevlar chassis. Wall-Corner-bass-horns.

Amp is a two-Stage 300B-Push-Pull currently, fixed bias, IT-coupled, 6k-OPT running at 450V, 60mA. Two 6sn7 in parallel together at 20mA running the IT, which is an amorphous Monolith ITA-02. Next will be DHT EML20 as drivers.

The whole thing driven by My DAC with Differential TUbe Stage 801A and OPT. No caps in the signal path, PSUs all with 866 mercury. No lytics anywhere. DC-Heated with Coleman Regs.

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
Tubes have arrived but sadly one of them (one on the left) is leaky so it wont work. I am sending them back. It looks much better quality than their usual stuff but unlucky me...

ps. I wrote to company I bought from and they told me not to worry as these have 2 years warranty. Will update on the situation. The company is GD Parts, China.

Attachments

• acme5.jpeg
    acme5.jpeg
    64.6 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

BLitz

Mar 7, 2013
Tubes have arrived but sadly one of them (one on the left) is leaky so it wont work. I am sending them back. It looks much better quality than their usual stuff but unlucky me...

ps. I wrote to company I bought from and they told me not to worry as these have 2 years warranty. Will update on the situation. The company is GD Parts, China.

What a pity... but it will be interesting to see how they handle the case now...I was considering to buy from GD myself...

adamaley

Apr 15, 2016
Minnetonka, MN
When I ordered Psvane 805ATs through Grant Fidelity, one tube was DOA. This was a known issue, and required sending them both back and they were promptly replaced.

Reactions: Stump

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland

It seems that our friend Shakti experienced already twice the same.
Still waiting for the report from WBF member , preferably in comparison with RK 300B.

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014

That’s a bit of a bummer Kodomo, hope they get you a replacement pair ASAP for the New Year. It would be really great to have these fulfill the promise of a new top end choice in the big end of valves.

Also hope that GD look after you, I’m definitely considering both these and the Acme 805s as well and am also watching and listening for early signs in terms of both performance and reliability.

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US
Last edited:
Reactions: the sound of Tao

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
It is all DIY.

Speakers are 2.2 meter high Line Sources with 12 Ribbon Fountek FT2 (each14 cm) and 18 4" Eton Kevlar chassis. Wall-Corner-bass-horns.

Amp is a two-Stage 300B-Push-Pull currently, fixed bias, IT-coupled, 6k-OPT running at 450V, 60mA. Two 6sn7 in parallel together at 20mA running the IT, which is an amorphous Monolith ITA-02. Next will be DHT EML20 as drivers.

The whole thing driven by My DAC with Differential TUbe Stage 801A and OPT. No caps in the signal path, PSUs all with 866 mercury. No lytics anywhere. DC-Heated with Coleman Regs.

I'd really like to see pictures of this system.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing