QSA : My take on their expensive products

Maril555

Jun 26, 2014

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Now come to power receptacles.
The dealer lent us Red ; Black-Red ; Ultra Black-Red models.
I only joined one of the three (last) gatherings to audition the receptacles but my friends commented that the sonic character and hierarchy of the models of fuses and receptacles are very similar.

I listened to the Black-Red receptacle. It was installed on a MYSTJ powerstrip (a Taiwan brand). The IEC was Furutech rhodium and hookup wires of the Triple-C copper variety.

I like the powerstrips made by MYSTJ a lot. They are CNCed from solid aluminium and with excellent external finishing :
View attachment 84497

The Furutec IEC :
View attachment 84498

Simple internal connection :
View attachment 84499

Very interesting to discover that there were two minute gemstones installed on the posterior aspect of the receptacle. One red & one blue. Are they ruby & sapphire?
View attachment 84500

I was again very very intrigued by the Musicality and Naturalness of this Black-Red receptacle.
It resembled its sibling the Black-Red fuse almost completely.
I think some of you who know me understand that I treasure these two audio virtues/characters most.
Have you ever compared with Jodelica?

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Reactions: wil and howiebrou

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Just in case anyone interested. Every single one of them gives different sound.

Attachments

• B7941D1A-9D20-49EC-B4FD-61F8C227E250.jpeg
    B7941D1A-9D20-49EC-B4FD-61F8C227E250.jpeg
    347.7 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Reactions: PhoenixRising

Mikem53

Oct 1, 2020
Thanks for reporting on these meetings.

You made a choice very much in line with my current interests. Thoughts after weeks of use will be appreciated

Highly interesting! Hecho en México Pass & Syemour is far... very far outside what upstanding audiophiles in the US are into. :D

The magic must Be in those little colored stickers.. nice find, a 10 pack too !

Drpie

Feb 22, 2019
I changed more than half of the SR Orange fuses in the system to QSA Yellow/Violet with a big improvement. They are worth the price. It is very economical than replacing the power cable. To my ears, replacing SR Orange -> QSA Violet gives possibly more improvements than replacing SR Euphoria AC -> SR Galileo SX.
Now I'm trying QSA Red for the regenerator.
Your experience with power sockets will help me a lot, as it is not convenient for me to test them.

rando

Sep 22, 2019
The magic must Be in those little colored stickers.. nice find, a 10 pack too !

Thank you for reminding me I'd meant to find a smaller image!

By no means do I think CKKeung is being taken anymore than he claims. Piquant is the term that comes to mind in regards to QSA choosing to use a (Hubbell>Leviton>Legrand/P&S) third tier brand's product to add their dubious enhancements. I can only hope the humor depicting my delightful response to this unexpected twist survived translation.

Best guess is they are using a commercial process some combination of events prevents others from seizing use of (cash grab before larger slower company releases arrive?) . What I really wish to learn from someone using it daily is if the effects wear off over time or, more interesting by far, from lack of heavy use daily. There are numerous possible hints offered.

Last edited:
Reactions: cmarin and Mikem53

Maril555

Jun 26, 2014

By no means do I think CKKeung is being taken anymore than he claims. Piquant is the term that comes to mind in regards to QSA choosing to use a (Hubbell>Leviton>Legrand/P&S) third tier brand's product to add their dubious enhancements. I can only hope the humor depicting my delightful response to this unexpected twist survived translation.

Best guess is they are using a commercial process some combination of events prevents others from seizing use of (cash grab before larger slower company releases arrive?) . What I really wish to learn from someone using it daily is if the effects wear off over time or, more interesting by far, from lack of heavy use daily. There are numerous possible hints offered.
Just what I said, “cash grab”. There is no better explanation exists, that can be even remotely plausible

Mikem53

Oct 1, 2020

I applaud @CKKeung for him being open minded and always trying new things and sharing his experiences with the community ! I don’t venture out as far as many do on here when it comes to this level of esoteric devices. Always learning and being amazed at what’s out there..

rando

Sep 22, 2019
Just what I said, “cash grab”. There is no better explanation exists, that can be even remotely plausible

I would say there is higher than average chance of plausible reasons that don't exist in many other high end products.

wil

Jul 22, 2015
No offense to anyone using/buying these Uber fuses, but really, common sense has to scream that this is a cash grab scheme. The little jewels inserted in the outlet say it all for me.
Expectation bias can have a powerful influence on our perceptions. Unless these are listened to under some kind of un-sighted /controlled conditions, I wouldn’t trust a fuse listening shootout!

TDX

Jan 14, 2020
No offense to anyone using/buying these Uber fuses, but really, common sense has to scream that this is a cash grab scheme. The little jewels inserted in the outlet say it all for me.
Expectation bias can have a powerful influence on our perceptions. Unless these are listened to under some kind of un-sighted /controlled conditions, I wouldn’t trust a fuse listening shootout!
Then simply no need to come into this thread.

Maril555

Jun 26, 2014
couldn’t have said it better myself

Maril555

Jun 26, 2014
I would say there is higher than average chance of plausible reasons that don't exist in many other high end products.
Could you provide a few examples?

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
I bought 4 of the blue. My amps take 2 each. A 3A and a 500mA. Unfortunately my amps blew both the 500mA. Worst part, the small fuse is to the heaters and more integrated in the circuit. Able to influence more.

I did not do any sort of back to back listen. I just put them in. I don't know it made my long term impression to me of better or worse.

I was intrigued by the comments of power cords and what people spend on them. Members seem to faun all over themselves and friends when they spend $5K to $14K for a power cord. I'm not an engineer. I think I'm an open minded electrician/consultant. In my mind, why couldn't a fuse have as much impact as a power cord? And really, show me where power cord manufacturer provide scientific basis for a $8k cord sounding "better" than an $800 one.

I personally find most accessory prices high. Footers, racking, cord, interconnect and speaker cables, receptacles. Even equipment has gone stratospheric. Yet people buy the stuff and seem to find it a benefit. So why not enjoy a $6k fuse if your income allows it. That's great in my mind. Because, come on, my family and friends look at my modest system and shake their heads. To them their Sonos system brings just as much enjoyment to them. And my god, why did one of my friends spend $12k on a bicycle. Whats that all about. He got taken, right.

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
He has no interest in fuse, and did not bother to try any. So the comment is no use. If he tried it and told us these fuse are not useful, then it’s a valid opinion and it will be appreciated.
And you have chosen to ignore it for the reasons you have explained … It matters Not … He has as much right to post in this thread as you or I.

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK
I bought 4 of the blue. My amps take 2 each. A 3A and a 500mA. Unfortunately my amps blew both the 500mA. Worst part, the small fuse is to the heaters and more integrated in the circuit. Able to influence more.

I did not do any sort of back to back listen. I just put them in. I don't know it made my long term impression to me of better or worse.

I was intrigued by the comments of power cords and what people spend on them. Members seem to faun all over themselves and friends when they spend $5K to $14K for a power cord. I'm not an engineer. I think I'm an open minded electrician/consultant. In my mind, why couldn't a fuse have as much impact as a power cord? And really, show me where power cord manufacturer provide scientific basis for a $8k cord sounding "better" than an $800 one.

I personally find most accessory prices high. Footers, racking, cord, interconnect and speaker cables, receptacles. Even equipment has gone stratospheric. Yet people buy the stuff and seem to find it a benefit. So why not enjoy a $6k fuse if your income allows it. That's great in my mind. Because, come on, my family and friends look at my modest system and shake their heads. To them their Sonos system brings just as much enjoyment to them. And my god, why did one of my friends spend $12k on a bicycle. Whats that all about. He got taken, right.
500ma fuse for the 845s that have 3.25A heaters?

Reactions: Argonaut

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK
Those are deffo not fitting in my fuse holders.
And his look is the look of a guy who was told red was best, then blue...and now it's purple.
Purple is the colour of your nuts that the dealers got you by.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing