Reasonably priced 300b

loki1957

Sep 19, 2012
Santa Fe NM
Hi. I just got a set of Allnic A5000 amps. They came with Gold Lion 300b tubes. I'd like some opinions for 300b tubes costing under 500.00. Thanks in advance.
John

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Hi I run Takatsukis but the Factory Electro Harmonix were really excellent for very reasonable outlay .

Can't say I'm fan of the Gold Lions --I had a Quad set for the price they came in behind the EH's

Good luck,
BruceD

ketcham

Industry Expert
Feb 29, 2016
Kron are some of my favorite. Elrog and I just received an email today about WE reboot now available $700 ea. While a stretch, I would anticipate them lasting their warranty length. Kron sound great but sometimes fail prematurely.

"Electron tubes carry a Limited Warranty of ninety (90) days to the end user. The Limited Warranty period may be extended to five (5) years upon return of warranty card included with your electron tube purchase."

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
A good Tube is the TJ Premium 300b,
terms of build quality these valves are easily the best for money.
offers that clarity, directness and openness like a good 45’s but adds
power and even more resolution.
The tonal balance is very even-handed, the soundstage is really good.
Give that tube a chance you will not regret it.
I have just seen that they have become very expensive ..:oops:

Last edited:

matakana

Aug 26, 2020
UK
A good Tube is the TJ Premium 300b,
terms of build quality these valves are easily the best for money.
offers that clarity, directness and openness like a good 45’s but adds
power and even more resolution.
The tonal balance is very even-handed, the soundstage is really good.
Give that tube a chance you will not regret it.
I have just seen that they have become very expensive ..:oops:
They are on Amazon at $930 pair!

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
They are on Amazon at $930 pair!
Yes..too much 5-6years ago 500- 600$
then you go for wingend "C"Svetlana 300b's with light gray font manufactured before the year 2000. robust tube never had any failures regardless of whether 300b, el34 or kt 88. Real good resolution, deep bass.

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
So much for reasonably priced 300b's. Just pulled the trigger on a pair of Tacatsukis.
I've run a Quad set of Taka's since 011 not one skerick nor whisper of problem--no bias adjustment needed with my situ .
Such a joy to run trouble free product with superb Amtrans Jp backup if needed.
Sonically 100% recommended --enjoy them they are a wondrous tube :) !

BruceD

Reactions: christoph

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing