Rhapsody.Audio Listening Rooms

Rhapsody.Audio- Listening Rooms (RLRs)

Rhapsody.Audio would like to announce that within the next 3-4 months there will be multiple new locations where several of the product lines that Rhapsody.Audio represents will be available to audition via Rhapsody.Audio Listening Rooms (RLRs).

Initially, the RLR’s will have the products available for demonstration mentioned below. Upon opening, the DFW RLR will have a very similar product offering as that available at Rhapsody.Audio in Manhattan.

Over time, all locations will be expanding their portfolio to a comparable scale as that of NYC/DFW.

The RLRs will be available to host auditions by appointment. All product ordering and delivery logistics will be processed and supported from the Rhapsody.Audio NYC location.

Product assistance and installation will be supported by Rhapsody.Audio NYC along with the RLRs depending on customer location.

The RLR locations are:

Portland - Rhapsody.Audio RLR

Products available to audition (coming soon)

-Pilium

-Alsyvox

-Diesis

-Bayz Audio

Dallas/Fort Worth Rhapsody.Audio DFW

Products available to audition:

-Alsyvox

-Diesis

-Bayz Audio

-Pilium

-VYGER

-Kondo

-Taiko Audio

-VYDA

West Palm Beach & Miami (2 Florida locations) Rhapsody.Audio WPB/Miami

West Palm Beach will open initially. Miami will follow when the RLR is ready to host customers.

Products available to audition (initially):

-Alsyvox

-Pilium

-Aurender

-TelluriumQ

Chicago, IL Rhapsody.Audio Chicago

Products available to audition (initially):

-Alsyvox

-Pilium

-Aurender

-TelluriumQ

Long Island, NY Rhapsody.Audio Long Island

-Kondo

-Alsyvox

Dallas-RLR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I must say I love seeing your selection of music. I just built me a playlist and will do some listening.
awesome, enjoy! i listen to almost everything but these days most of my listening is in the UK rap sphere which i think has developed it's own sound and has started influcing american rap. I love thinking about the relationship between different styles of music and i analyze patterns for a living so for me, the history of the past 20 years of hip hop from a sound perspective is fascinating and really can be distilled down to one album and one track:

1. The album is Kanye West's 808 and Heartbreaks. I'm not a huge fan of Kanye but over time I have learned to see the genius behind the noise. 808's basically popularized the 808 synthesizer which had been a stable of 80's hip hop and then fallen off.
2. The track is Lil Wayne's I Feel Like Dying - an introspective track where weezy reflects on his relationship with drugs and his need to escape and the suicidal ideations he has as he realizes that while this is killing him it's also his moments of peace.

The two together created the foundation of modern hip hop with big bass lines and music that tackles the consequences of addiction and drug use. It's an interesting social shift from hip hop prior to that which focused more on the reality of having little options other than selling drugs than to get out to the community you both love and see as a prison. Jay Z put it best: we made music about selling drugs in the hood and now kids make music about using drugs.

The 808 sound mixed with the warbles and distortion of dubstep and garage became the foundation of modern UK Hip Hop which was then exported to Brooklyn NYC.

What I really get a kick out of is word play and intertrack refrences. Many people in the audiophile community and society at large denegrate hip hop as "not art". I get where it's coming from, I just think it's not true. I love the intellectual aspect of deciphering lyrics. Check this video out: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/PSRcFlQTMFM

Reactions: cmarin and bryans
Thanks for the tracks @Skanda! While my musical taste runs more in the realm of Americana (Little Feat w/ Lowell George, Lyle Lovett, Keb Mo, John Hiatt, Bonnie Raitt), and Afro Cuban ( Harold Lopez-Nussa, Gonzalo Rubalcaba, Chucho Valdez, Horacio Hernandez, Omar Sosa), I appreciate what some styles deliver across the frequency spectrum and atmospherically speaking. As my system has become more revealing I find myself sometimes listening to music I might not otherwise…I love how you are “haunted” by the system you heard at Bob’s. Not that you need my advice but I’d pay attention to that! Vicarious joy hearing about your journey!

This is press release that was released yesterday regarding Alsyvox in the US -

ALSYVOX S.L.
Calle Doctor JJ Domine, 4/2 46011 Valencia - Spain
VAT: ES-B98888217
+34 697 454 945
For Immediate release-

We are pleased to announce that we have entered into a strategic U.S. exclusive distribution agreement with Rhapsody.Audio. Effective from December 1, 2022, Rhapsody.Audio is appointed as the Alsyvox- audio design exclusive distributor for the United States of America for all sales and support activities which involve Alsyvox-Audio products.

We are confident that our partnership with Rhapsody.Audio will provide our customers with outstanding quality and exceptional customer service, allowing Alsyvox to continue on its growth path in the US.

Rhapsody.Audio has five US locations, including Portland, Chicago, West Palm Beach, Dallas/Fort Worth and its home office in Brooklyn, New York. Rhapsody.Audio has Alsyvox products available for demonstration purposes in all of its US locations.

The company AlsyvoxTMaudio design
Our designer is an Italian Aerospace Engineer, so Italian Design is a natural consequence.
Our speakers are made by hand with love, using exclusive and patented design. All critical parts are made by us, the other parts are sourced from the best worldwide suppliers, typically aesthetical parts are made in Italy, electrical parts are made in Germany, everything is assembled, carefully tested and signed by our chief engineer in our laboratories in Spain.

You can learn more about Alsyvox-audio design at https://alsyvox.com/

Information for Rhapsody.Audio is available at https://rhapsody.audio/

How’s the Dallas one? Set up w the magicos?
The new Dallas showroom is under final construction. Walls are painted, carpet is installed, room treatments will be added in the next week or two. I'm guess another 4-5 weeks prior to installing speaker/electronics, then sorting things out.

There will be two listening rooms.

One room will have M9s, Vyger Atlantis, Taiko Extreme, Pilium Olympus and two Zeus stereo amps.

The second room will Pilium and Kondo electronics driving Diesis Roma Triode, Alsyvox Botticelli X and Bayz Counterpoints.

I am used to seeing spokes in the tape reels, so I can’t tell if those are spinning fast for a blur effect, or if those reels are solid-sided? Either way I look forward to visiting the only audio-dungeon I’ve ever seen. :cool:

I am used to seeing spokes in the tape reels, so I can’t tell if those are spinning fast for a blur effect, or if those reels are solid-sided? Either way I look forward to visiting the only audio-dungeon I’ve ever seen. :cool:
The tape was rolling when the pic was taken.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing