RMAF 2013..whose going??

NMMark1962

Jun 29, 2013
Santa Fe, NM
Okay all, anyone have any concrete plans on attending this year? I have a room booked at the RMAF rate and am planning on going, so it would be nice to see who else is likely to attend....for sure, drinks in the Atrium Bar!!!!

Cheers,

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
It would be cool if somebody could get a list of the hotels that are close and a price list, as well as ease of transport and general experiences for those of us who have never been. I would like to make my reservations soon. I don't need fancy, but convenient is nice.

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
It would be cool if somebody could get a list of the hotels that are close and a price list, as well as ease of transport and general experiences for those of us who have never been. I would like to make my reservations soon. I don't need fancy, but convenient is nice.

The RAMF website usually has some convenient ones listed. Also, the last two years it has been easy to find free parking just across the street.

NMMark1962

Jun 29, 2013
Santa Fe, NM
RMAF Hotels.jpg

There are numerous hotels along the exits south of the exit for the Marriott Tech Center. If you have Google Earth, you can find the Tech Center then travel south on IH-25 with the Hotel feature turned on. There are at least two exits south of the Marriott that have hotels and restaurants...I bet the rates are cheaper but since I will likely be flying into Denver (as opposed to driving in 2006) I wanted to stay at the Marriott as I will likely not have a car this time.....btw, how far away is the Bent Fork from the Marriott?? Maybe I will look at renting a car this time...

On the image I attached you can see the small icons of beds along IH-25...these are the numerous hotels...

Cheers,

trh8654

May 29, 2010
Virginia
My wife and I go every year.

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
So, how do all the WBF folks recognize each other?? Is there a secret hand gesture?? Secret signals?? LOL

Cheers,

Steven puts "slowGEEZR" on his name tag, so just keep your eyes out ;)

And there are photos in previous RAMF topics.

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
I'd love to go this year but other commitments will probably take precedence. Maybe I'll do Newport Beach and RAMF next year!

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I'm planning on going and I always have a rental car and end up hauling people to the dinner so it makes it a literal "first come, first served" deal.

mmatuva

Oct 26, 2012
Last year was my first time and I'm definitey in this year again. Flight and hotel are on my to do list...

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
http://Www.sadurniacoustics.com

I will be there again these time, hope to see you all both at the show and at the Bent Fork! (I might be helping a friend who is sharing a room with KS cables/KR enterprises and DaVinci analog showing his horn speaker design)

NMMark1962

Jun 29, 2013
Santa Fe, NM
Does anyone know when the RMAF website starts listing exhibitors???> Just curious as I am anxious to see who will come with what...

Cheers,

Update...me bad.....exhibitor list is up!!!

Last edited:

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Booked flight and hotel.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I have booked my flight, hotel, and rental car. I'm arriving on Thursday around 8:00 AM Denver time. If anyone else is arriving around the same time and needs a ride to the Marriott or the Hilton across the street, let me know.

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
I'll probably rent a car, too. After all is said and done with airport transportation, it is probably not much more to just have the car and convenience.

Arriving about 11:17AM Thu., staying at the Hampton Inn which looks pretty close to the Marriott, certainly an easy walk about a fifth of a mile. No WAF, she just did not want to go.

I would like to catch the Grey Line tour of Denver on Thursday PM, and drive to check out Boulder and Longmont in the AM of Friday before the show.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing