Robert Koda K160 Amps are on their way finally!

Regarding Horns , I ll report back when i have visited munich but i m not very hopefull .
I hope to hear these new gryphon amps there to.
And off course the big KODO speakers
I like the Kodos. They don’t sound oversized to me but they sure look I.

I checked the exhibitor list at the high end munchen site but couldnt find R. KODA a month ago
Checked again today on the MOC high end site and the exhibitor list search function doesnt seem to work at all.

They would be high on the Solid State list to hear

I checked the exhibitor list at the high end munchen site but couldnt find R. KODA a month ago
Checked again today on the MOC high end site and the exhibitor list search function doesnt seem to work at all.

Does he normally exhibit? I don't recall seeing his stuff mentioned at shows?

Does he normally exhibit? I don't recall seeing his stuff mentioned at shows?
Not that I am aware of. I have read just about everything out there on RK as part of learning about the brand, design and sound before hearing them myself.

Just got the Troy signature NG for a few days and all I can say is that it is a huuuge step up over the original troy signature, the transparency, energy, expansive soundstage and fluidity is simply addictive!

Would like to try Entreq sometime but the footage of the big ones are not space friendly for HK apartment.

Michael

Just got the Troy signature NG for a few days and all I can say is that it is a huuuge step up over the original troy signature, the transparency, energy, expansive soundstage and fluidity is simply addictive!

Would like to try Entreq sometime but the footage of the big ones are not space friendly for HK apartment.

Michael
Great stuff! Congrats! How is the BASS? Yes, the Entreq is HUGE and the HERO is massive Class A amp in size!

Great stuff! Congrats! How is the BASS? Yes, the Entreq is HUGE and the HERO is massive Class A amp in size!
Hi Lloyd, the bass is one of the biggest improvement. Or should I say the density and energy get vastly improved, as everything gets more body and 3 dimensional, therefore sounds more “real”, if the original troy sig allows me to hear all the details the troy sig NG allows me to “see” the stage and where each performer is. This is something very special which I never experienced with the original Troy sig.

Yes, if we isolate the bass, it gets deeper with more punch.

Thank you. You have now officially made the decision harder! A good thing. It sounds like we may have had similar observations about the most excellent Tripoint Troy Signature.

I wish I could hear the NG in system for a week to let it settle in. The Entreq Pluton took every bit of 3 days to become 'semi-interesting' and a full 5.5 days to become stunning.

Thank you. You have now officially made the decision harder! A good thing. It sounds like we may have had similar observations about the most excellent Tripoint Troy Signature.

I wish I could hear the NG in system for a week to let it settle in. The Entreq Pluton took every bit of 3 days to become 'semi-interesting' and a full 5.5 days to become stunning.
Just to make your decision even harder, Troy NG‘s powercord is exchangeable, and a better powercord makes a significant improvement as I heard it myself in the showroom :p

But of course it does! Yes, you are definitely making this more interesting!

You must've been looking at the previous shows exhibitors as this years exhibitor lists aren't yet out. They usually come around two months before the show, IIRC, and those are then updated as new exhibitors / brands are added etc..

BTW, remember to install the app to your phone, so you can mark your must visit rooms plus you'll get the floor plans too.

Reactions: andromedaaudio
Reactions: amadeus
1677548382145.png

I like them a lot and probably the most natural tube sounding solid state i know off.
I m always termpted to buy a Robert Koda pre whenever i see them going for a nice second hand price .
Definetively on my wish to hear list in munich , i think the gear has a nice exotic / classic look as well

Last edited:
Hi Andromeda,

I have probably not heard as many amps as you have...regardless, we have not heard them in the same place, time or systems. That said, I do agree with you in my own experience of SS amps...there is a very organic quality that Robert draws out of his designs, while in this case also imbuing it with 235 Watts of pure Class A power into a 4ohm load (XLF) and a remarkably, a remarkably low noise floor...something that really sets it surprisingly far apart from even the magnificent Gryphon Mephisto which stood in pride of place for many years. And I remain a huge fan of Gryphon amps. A list from memory of the main SS amps I have heard over the years though not all with equal amount of time, system, room, etc

- Gryphon - Mephisto & Colosseum Stereo
- Emm MTRX Monos
- D'Agostino - Momentum Monos
- Electrocompaniet - Nemo Monos
- FM Acoustics - FM111 Monos?
- MBL - 9011 Ref Monos
- Boulder - only through 2060 series (quite old now)
- Krell - Evo One Monos
- Soulution Monos (500? series)

Reactions: Lagonda

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing