Ron's Speaker, Turntable, Power and Room Treatment Upgrades

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
While we still are not living at the house being renovated in Beverly Hills, I note tangentially that, by Manhattan restaurant standards, the food quality in restaurants in Beverly Hills is, in my opinion, generally mediocre (there are a couple of exceptions) and expensive (an unappealing combination), and improves as soon as you leave Beverly Hills headed literally in any direction. The Cheesecake Factory in Beverly Hills offers, I believe, better food quality than most of the fancy restaurants in Beverly Hills.

At the Cheesecake Factory in Beverly Hills (conveniently located only eight minutes from the house) I recommend the miso-marinated salmon over rice and snow peas; the chicken picatta in white wine and lemon sauce with pasta; and hangar steak with "smashed" potatoes. Anyone visiting us will become well-acquainted with our local Cheesecake Factory.

OH, and Cheesecake Factory offers cold caramel syrup on top of whipped cream on top of thick, gooey, marshmallow syrup on ice cream:

AFF2C5D9-36D0-4259-974A-B682AD1AB28F.jpeg

D8DBD01A-9F4A-47C3-8E59-9D30A1A4EFFA.jpeg

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Woooo!--I can smell the Calories in that Belgian Chocolate from here!:p:p

Treadmill beckons?:confused:

BruceD

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
I know. I gained five pounds just looking at the pictures.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Wow, if Cheescake Factory is the definition of good in BH, the food must be truly awful.

Reactions: sbnx

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Wow, if Cheescake Factory is the definition of good in BH, the food must be truly awful.

I'm not reporting "truly awful"; I am reporting "mediocre" and unjustifiably expensive.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I'm not reporting "truly awful"; I am reporting "mediocre" and unjustifiably expensive.

Is this now your cheesecake or some hifi component

Reactions: Lagonda

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I was responding to Folsom's comment about the food quality at Cheesecake Factory. :)

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
Sorry to hear that Ron. While I find the cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory pretty good the rest of their menu is meh. Beverly Hills must have some not so great restaurants. Is there nothing "non-chain"? To me, the small family owned placed usually have great food.

Reactions: christoph

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Mediocre is a strong word for Cheesecake Factory.

I truly am not understanding you. I am saying that in my opinion the food quality in the fancy and expensive restaurants in Beverly Hills tends to be mediocre, and that I find the food quality at Cheesecake Factory often to be superior to the food quality in the fancy and expensive restaurants in Beverly Hills.

(I also think the food quality at the Cheesecake Factory in Beverly Hills tends to be better than the food quality at the average Cheesecake Factory restaurant.)

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Sorry to hear that Ron. While I find the cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory pretty good the rest of their menu is meh. Beverly Hills must have some not so great restaurants. Is there nothing "non-chain"? To me, the small family owned placed usually have great food.

I think there are a few fancy and expensive restaurants in Beverly Hills which offer very good food quality. But I think the average food quality of the many fancy and expensive restaurants in Beverly Hills is mediocre.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I truly am not understanding you. I am saying that in my opinion the food quality in the fancy and expensive restaurants in Beverly Hills tends to be mediocre, and that I find the food quality at Cheesecake Factory often to be superior to the food quality in the fancy and expensive restaurants in Beverly Hills.

(I also think the food quality at the Cheesecake Factory in Beverly Hills tends to be better than the food quality at the average Cheesecake Factory restaurant.)

I would hope so. One time in south LA I went to a Cheesecake Factory and decided I’d never go to one again.

The sad thing is LA is covered in amazing food.

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Ron,

Have you been to Lemonade? https://www.lemonadela.com/
This is a small chain that (I believe) originated in San Diego, and I see they have a location in your neck of the woods. Their food is pretty good, with all the must-have "checkboxes" (organic, sustainable, etc.). But it's very tasty too.
The system is a little awkward, as the food is pre-made, but it's really tasty stuff.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Yes, Alex, I know it very well, on Beverly Boulevard. I think the food is quite good, but it is pretty darn expensive for kind of cafeteria style.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I would hope so. One time in south LA I went to a Cheesecake Factory and decided I’d never go to one again.

The sad thing is LA is covered in amazing food.

In Beverly Hills I can comfortably recommend for food quality the Belvedere Restaurant in the Peninsula Hotel. (But I have not been to that restaurant in a couple of years.) Spago also is pretty good. Even though I do not like the "scene" at Mastro's in Beverly Hills, our recent dinner at Mastro's in Newport was surprisingly excellent (and the scene there was benign).

TooCool4

Feb 7, 2013
England
While we still are not living at the house being renovated in Beverly Hills, I note tangentially that, by Manhattan restaurant standards, the food quality in restaurants in Beverly Hills is, in my opinion, generally mediocre (there are a couple of exceptions) and expensive (an unappealing combination), and improves as soon as you leave Beverly Hills headed literally in any direction. The Cheesecake Factory in Beverly Hills offers, I believe, better food quality than most of the fancy restaurants in Beverly Hills.

At the Cheesecake Factory in Beverly Hills (conveniently located only eight minutes from the house) I recommend the miso-marinated salmon over rice and snow peas; the chicken picatta in white wine and lemon sauce with pasta; and hangar steak with "smashed" potatoes. Anyone visiting us will become well-acquainted with our local Cheesecake Factory.

OH, and Cheesecake Factory offers cold caramel syrup on top of whipped cream on top of thick, gooey, marshmallow syrup on ice cream:

That looks nice for a once in a blue moon, but do that too often and I see a heart attack waiting to happen.

Reactions: GMKF

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Find yourself in Portland sometime Ron, I’d be happy to cook for you and finish with my most excellent and decadent flourless individual chocolate souffles. I have a syrah or two in mind that’ll match up well while you slide into a sugar coma in the music room.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing