SAT arrived

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Hi Tang. I have Simplicity mk2 - so current series . still thinking about the Statement - but expensive and no hear first.

I have never head SAT vs Thales - plenty have Thales and SAT on AF1's etc, but it seems nobody has both.

Is he offering Simplicity II or Statement? Thales now own EMT so hopefully a good match - not that they make the 927.
Yes, they own the EMT. They make a special longer Statement for the 927 that require no mounting modification to the tt.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Yes, they own the EMT. They make a special longer Statement for the 927 that require no mounting modification to the tt.

No wonder you are interested. Go for it. The 927 has an original arm now?

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
No wonder you are interested. Go for it. The 927 has an original arm now?
I have the Axiom XL on the 927. Just curious because there is a Thai guy who use Af1P with SAT also own 2 EMT 927 (he must really like the 927) using the Statement. And the other two Mr.T also have the Statement on. (We have 3 Mr.T here including me here. :))

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
I have the Axiom XL on the 927. Just curious because there is a Thai guy who use Af1P with SAT also own 2 EMT 927 (he must really like the 927) using the Statement. And the other two Mr.T also have the Statement on. (We have 3 Mr.T here including me here. :))

that would be an interesting comparison with Axiom. Many Mr T's with great hifi systems . I wonder if first Mr T has compared SAT to Thales on his AF1?

mtemur

Mar 26, 2019
Hi Tang. I have Simplicity mk2 - so current series . still thinking about the Statement - but expensive and no hear first.

I have never head SAT vs Thales - plenty have Thales and SAT on AF1's etc, but it seems nobody has both.

Is he offering Simplicity II or Statement? Thales now own EMT so hopefully a good match - not that they make the 927.

I installed a couple of Airforce turntables one with SAT CF 09 and others with Thales tonearms. I’m quite familiar with Thales arms both Statement and Simplicity II and 12” Statement.
I strongly recommend you to use SAT with AF turntables. AF is bold, quiet and needs a dynamic arm. SAT is a perfect match.
Thales is a smooth arm. if you’re planning to buy a Thales arm go for Simplicity II. there is not much difference between Statement and Simplicity II. at least that’s what I observed.
additionally I spent quite some time with AS 12” axiom tonearm and I can say that it’s great. very close or even better than SAT cause it’s wired with kondo internally (kondo wiring is optional). it will be good companion to AF turntables.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing